I finally understand Clinton supporters

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
a vote for a 3rd party by a democrat is a "default" vote for mcCain...

No, it's a vote for a 3rd party. Unless HRC is the VP, I'll be loathe to help Obama. I'm just not going to assist McCain either ...

That said, I WILL be voting against my representative in Congress, as he is an Obama superdelegate. Time to pay the piper ...

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm kind of curious how everyone feels about this:

Way early in the primary when it was thought that Obama would win the popular vote and Clinton would win only by the super delegates he kept saying over and over again that the super delegates should go with who the people voted for.

Now if Clinton DOES win the popular vote, will he stay by his words and tell the undisclosed super delegates that they need to vote for Clinton?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm kind of curious how everyone feels about this:

Way early in the primary when it was thought that Obama would win the popular vote and Clinton would win only by the super delegates he kept saying over and over again that the super delegates should go with who the people voted for.

Now if Clinton DOES win the popular vote, will he stay by his words and tell the undisclosed super delegates that they need to vote for Clinton?
Fact Check: Obama will win the popular vote.......the only way in which Senator Clinton "wins" the popular vote is if you count Michigan giving her 230,000 votes and giving Obama ZERO votes for michigan, plus not counting the popular votes for most of the caucus states that Obama won and don't produce raw vote totals. Not a very convincing case that Senator Clinton won the popular vote.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Put the pump down dude and get out more - your social skills may improve.

I'm in the wedding business idiot... I get out EVERY FUCKING Weekend whether I am DJing or shoot a video. I talk to a wide swath of Americans... poor, middle class, society types, Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, Anarchists... you name it... women, men, girls, boys... senior citizens. My social skills are impeccable... do you think that I could be successful in the wedding business if I wasn't charming? I'm sweet when I wanna be.

You're kind of funny, but you act like an ass on this site.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
give me a good reason why I should come over to your side. Picking HRC as the Veep would be a good reason to me.

There's that sense of entitlement that cost HRC the nomination. :rolleyes:

The only reason you need is that it's the right decision if you truly believe in the platform that was being espoused by your candidate.

amhersthungboi said:
The real question is whether Obama gets one more vote (in a swing state!), or if that vote goes to a 3rd party.

That said, I WILL be voting against my representative in Congress, as he is an Obama superdelegate. Time to pay the piper ...

Wow, what a shock to see such vindictiveness, another nasty HRC personality trait, manifested in one of her supporters.

God forbid you cast your votes based on reasoned analysis of important issues...:rolleyes:

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm in the wedding business idiot... I get out EVERY FUCKING Weekend whether I am DJing or shoot a video. I talk to a wide swath of Americans... poor, middle class, society types, Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, Anarchists... you name it... women, men, girls, boys... senior citizens. My social skills are impeccable... do you think that I could be successful in the wedding business if I wasn't charming? I'm sweet when I wanna be.

Tripod now Ignore Recipient# 35. He even writes smart-ass shit on Stacy's 2000 thread. Rabid bore. I hope Ignore works for pm's too, as he sent me the dumbest one I've yet to receive this morning.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Put the pump down dude and get out more - your social skills may improve.

Tripod now Ignore Recipient# 35. He even writes smart-ass shit on Stacy's 2000 thread. Rabid bore. I hope Ignore works for pm's too, as he sent me the dumbest one I've yet to receive this morning.

You quoted Tripod's reply to saabman. Did you think it was directed at you becominghorse?:confused:

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You quoted Tripod's reply to saabman. I wonder if he sent you a PM meant for saabman?:confused:

I sent him a rather polite PM saying that he is a fucking punk and had no business screwing with me in another thread. The thread was the one with the video of the ranting old lady calling Obama an "Inadequate Black man". I said that the lady was insane and that she can go to hell. He then typed back some shit like this:

You are considerably more so, dear, and one hopes you will polish up your Meet 'n' Greet skills when she appears at the threshold of your Hell Door...

He typed that post like that crazy lady was his Grandma... of course she isn't, but he just had some beef with me for some time now and took that moment to lob a barb at me... needless to say, I didn't appreciate it.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR PUTTING ME ON IGNORE BECOMINGHORSE, NOW I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CRAP THAT SPEWS FROM YOUR MOUTH EVER AGAIN.

There is a few other sons of bitches that I wish would follow suit

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live near Gainesville, Fla. It's a little blue dot in a big sea of red.

I'm not registered with any major party, although in Florida you have to register with a party. You cannot be simply independent. You can be Independent Party of Florida, Florida Independent Party or Surfer Party, or somesuch.

Anyway, being in the entertainment business I come across a lot of liberals who are also Florida citizens. I feel sorry for those professing to be Democrats because they just don't simply count. Can't muster an iota of difference. Been that way for a decade now.

This last straw was wrought on them by their own party. I couldn't vote because it's a closed primary here.

I asked one of my coworkers, an avoid Democrat, what he thought about being left out of the primary decision. He said he's used to it. If he wanted to make a difference he'd move somewhere else.

Oh well, I guess I kind of feel that way, too.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You quoted Tripod's reply to saabman. Did you think it was directed at you becominghorse?:confused:

It might as well have been, he's become this raging sort of person in the last period, he used to seem okay. Not that serious a problem, but I'm just not interested.

I see he put up a new word of wisdom, but he should be sure he is calling or dialing the right number, as I haven't time to read his missives and know how to avoid quotes. His conversations with Skull Mason were bad enough, maybe they can get Sharpton elected. You know, the Obama fans really hate people like me the most--the ones who have decided that Obama is the 'lesser evil' and are going to vote for him instead of McCain. They can't get to us, and in their thoroughgoing babyishness, they can't deal with the fact that we don't love Obama. And we DON'T love him. I've been interested in the way the hard-core Obama supporters are in a fit of rage.

Watch them freak when Hillary uses her leverage to become VEEP.

Anyway, I wrote that regarding tripod, dreamer20. Did you think it was any of your business? Yes, you did. But it wasn't :tongue:

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a vote for a 3rd party by a democrat is a "default" vote for mcCain

First of all, a vote for a third party candidate is a vote against BOTH mainstream candidates, as it hurts BOTH and helps NEITHER...your argument is hugely fallacious.

What, and Hillary can?
Hate to break it to you (okay, actually I don't), but it's the responsibility of the HRC supporters to put aside their bitterness and get behind Obama, rather than voting for McCain or not at all out of spite. It is not, as you seem to believe, the duty of the Obama Democrats to coax the Clinton Democrats into continuing to support their party. ... or vote for McCain out of spite, and end up with 4 more years of the same shit, thus making your prediction self-fulfilling?

OMG, where to start? It IS the responsibility of Obama and his supporters to convince us to vote for him. Sorry, but this is more of that party politics that just needs to stop. Quit with the hipocrisy. As for McCain, he is NOT George Bush. He will have a demmocratic congress to deal with, keeping him in check. Further more, he is far more centrist than GWB, which is why many republicans dont like him, and in fact he has changed his public stances to the right in order to solidify his voting base. Although that is pandering, his real views wont just change overnight, he's still more fairminded about partisan issues than Obama.

Fact Check: Obama will win the popular vote.......the only way in which Senator Clinton "wins" the popular vote is if you count Michigan giving her 230,000 votes and giving Obama ZERO votes for michigan, plus not counting the popular votes for most of the caucus states that Obama won and don't produce raw vote totals. Not a very convincing case that Senator Clinton won the popular vote.

Caucuses are a shamble all to themselves. First of all, Hillarys calculation INCLUDES caucus vote totals. Although we probably should mathematically "fix" the percieved vote totals as there is a level of descrimination that goes on at a caucus. You can have bullying, peer pressure, or even ostracization because you arent voting the way someone else thinks you should. Also, many demographics are inhibited fromparticipating in caucuses because they have fewer locations than primaries (making them inaccessible to many older folks who cannot get rides), and they take a lot more time than casting a single ballot (making them compete with time necessary for many working families to maintain their home, just where do you find a babysitter on caucus night?). Therefore, it is likely that many of these slight Obama caucus wins are merely illusiary.

There's that sense of entitlement that cost HRC the nomination. :rolleyes:
God forbid you cast your votes based on reasoned analysis of important issues...:rolleyes:

As if Obama shows no sense of entitlement, he's acting like the nominee before the decision has been made. It is not "his" until Clinton officially backs out or the superdelegates cast their votes at teh convention. Furthermore, lets look at how Obama views "rules". Obama and his followers have been criticizing the Clinton camp for not following the "rules". Obama pulled his name from the Michigan ballot: this was not part of any rule, and if he DID want delegates from that state, he shouldnt have removed his name from the ballot. Obama did not want the Florida and Michigan delegations seated at all, at first. This is just purely undemocratic (side note, unrelated to rules). When the DNC allowed Florida and Michigan to count some, Obama's followers claim hes making a great "concession" because they are giving Hillary pledged delegates that she actually won, fairly and squarely? WTF? And finally, the grandaddy of rule breaks, Clinton deserved 73 delegates out of Michigan based on the vote totals. 4 of those delegates were just handed to Obama. There is NO provision in the DNC rules for reallocation of delegates after the fact and away from vote distributions. Beyond that, there is an official status of uncommitted allowed after a prmary until the convention, meanning that those delegates who were left uncommitted should really have been LEFT UNCOMMIMTTED and allowed to vote as they saw fit at the convention. Again, the DNC with Obama's influence saw fit to break the rules, get awarded for it, and blame Clinton in the process.

This is NOT the kind of person I want as President. McCain has my vote until Obama can prove me wrong. NOBAMA!

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see he put up a new word of wisdom, but he should be sure he is calling or dialing the right number, as I haven't time to read his missives and know how to avoid quotes. His conversations with Skull Mason were bad enough, maybe they can get Sharpton elected. You know, the Obama fans really hate people like me the most--the ones who have decided that Obama is the 'lesser evil' and are going to vote for him instead of McCain. They can't get to us, and in their thoroughgoing babyishness, they can't deal with the fact that we don't love Obama. And we DON'T love him. I've been interested in the way the hard-core Obama supporters are in a fit of rage.

I've pretty much always tried to be nice to you, just stay away from me and everything will be fine.

ConnerM360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Going back (avoiding the bullshit arguing about attacking each other which poisons this thread) to the issue this was started over. The reason that the HRC supporters were so pissed off is because of this. Michigan tried to move in front of Iowa. Iowa is always first and seems 3/4 the time to choose the nominee to win. Obama who was trying to please the Iowa people withdrew from Michigan JUST to please the Iowa voters thus he clenched the iowa primaries but then he goes back and somehow is GIVEN nearly half of them from Michigan his name was not on the ballot what kind of democracy is that. He got about as much as Hillary and his name was NOT on the ballot, he didn't have to take it off but he did. That was his choice but he somehow came out on top???

Not to mention the bullshit the Democratic party is pulling with that, think about this people. They are not the government they have no rights over the states but somehow have managed to steal peoples votes and re apply them as they saw fit. It is NOT fair.

People have been calling Obama the Messiah and the winner since Iowa. Bill Clinton did not fucking win Iowa, but he still was president. After the first 3 primaries everyone called for HIllary to quit.

Why should she quit now? The Democratic National Convention was established TO DECIDE the candidate. It should not end before that. Noone in the history of this country has quit this close of a race, THIS close to the DNC. But for some mind boggling reason everyone says HRC should. The delegates have told people who they choose but it is not until the DNC that they actually cast they're vote, they can change there minds. Many Clinton delegates switched to OBama so Many could switch over to Clinton. Obama is a good politician. He is more like Bill Clinton than anyone since BIll. I doubt half of you Obama supporters even know the controversy to how he became a Senator. He has very little morals as it seems. The woman that he (in a way) stole the Senate seat from was one of his proclaimed Mentors and she refuses to speak with him anymore. Same with reverend wright, he 'saved' obama and was a 'spiritual advisor' to him UNTIL he threatened his campaign. He said weeks ago that he could not sooner deny his church than deny his race. But since it is threatening his candidacy FUCK that church that he attended for 20 years. Ridiculous. Obama has a way of assesing the situation and finding a way through it. He is a smart man but not ready to lead this country. McCain will beat him in the race and it is sad because Hillary IS so much more qualified to be president. Fuck she lived in the white house longer than Obama has even been a senator! Obama was not in the Senate at the time the Iraq war began he has not even been in government long.

Also, I doubt she will even want VP because she has more power in the senate than as that stupid position. Obama is a hyprocit in many instances and this division that has come about has destroyed our chances at the white house. McCain WILL beat Obama (Mccain is much more qualified as well).

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Going back (avoiding the bullshit arguing about attacking each other which poisons this thread) to the issue this was started over. The reason that the HRC supporters were so pissed off is because of this. Michigan tried to move in front of Iowa. Iowa is always first and seems 3/4 the time to choose the nominee to win. Obama who was trying to please the Iowa people withdrew from Michigan JUST to please the Iowa voters thus he clenched the iowa primaries but then he goes back and somehow is GIVEN nearly half of them from Michigan his name was not on the ballot what kind of democracy is that. He got about as much as Hillary and his name was NOT on the ballot, he didn't have to take it off but he did. That was his choice but he somehow came out on top???

Not to mention the bullshit the Democratic party is pulling with that, think about this people. They are not the government they have no rights over the states but somehow have managed to steal peoples votes and re apply them as they saw fit. It is NOT fair.

People have been calling Obama the Messiah and the winner since Iowa. Bill Clinton did not fucking win Iowa, but he still was president. After the first 3 primaries everyone called for HIllary to quit.

Why should she quit now? The Democratic National Convention was established TO DECIDE the candidate. It should not end before that. Noone in the history of this country has quit this close of a race, THIS close to the DNC. But for some mind boggling reason everyone says HRC should. The delegates have told people who they choose but it is not until the DNC that they actually cast they're vote, they can change there minds. Many Clinton delegates switched to OBama so Many could switch over to Clinton. Obama is a good politician. He is more like Bill Clinton than anyone since BIll. I doubt half of you Obama supporters even know the controversy to how he became a Senator. He has very little morals as it seems. The woman that he (in a way) stole the Senate seat from was one of his proclaimed Mentors and she refuses to speak with him anymore. Same with reverend wright, he 'saved' obama and was a 'spiritual advisor' to him UNTIL he threatened his campaign. He said weeks ago that he could not sooner deny his church than deny his race. But since it is threatening his candidacy FUCK that church that he attended for 20 years. Ridiculous. Obama has a way of assesing the situation and finding a way through it. He is a smart man but not ready to lead this country. McCain will beat him in the race and it is sad because Hillary IS so much more qualified to be president. Fuck she lived in the white house longer than Obama has even been a senator! Obama was not in the Senate at the time the Iraq war began he has not even been in government long.

Also, I doubt she will even want VP because she has more power in the senate than as that stupid position. Obama is a hyprocit in many instances and this division that has come about has destroyed our chances at the white house. McCain WILL beat Obama (Mccain is much more qualified as well).
Sounds like your mind is made up.....

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The level of abject stupidity being displayed here would be sublimely amusing were it not for the enormous gravity of the situation in question.

Heinlein had it right...suffrage as a birthright, while noble in theory, is utterly moronic in practice.

Once again, whats with the childish name calling. So please defend Obama legitimately, that means offering factual evidence that Obama is a better candidate without simply attacking Clinton. Also, calling Clinton a bitch, cunt, self-servicing or other derogatory name without qualification for president, that is not a vaild argument for dismissing her.