I found my underaged cousin on Dlist. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by D_BarryBunwarmer, May 16, 2008.

1. D_BarryBunwarmer

D_BarryBunwarmer Account Disabled

I was browsing through Dlist. For those who haven't been there, it's a gay Myspace where you can post naked pics of yourself.

Anyway, I happen to come across my cousin who is 16. On his profile he says he's 18. And he does have nude pics of himself on there.

As far as I knew, he was straight. I know that's what his parents think. Should I confront him about it? It'd probably embarrass the hell out of him. And me too.

I'm not going to post a link to his profile for obvious reasons.

2. younglove124

younglove124 New Member

Personally, I would just let that go. It doesn't seem worth it to me.

3. B_HornyPrincezz

B_HornyPrincezz New Member

Let him be, none of your business really. Unless you're offering him a blowjob!

x x x

4. B_bttmaaron

B_bttmaaron New Member

Albums:
    To the contrary, if he's claiming to be 18 he could be inviting sexual relationships with guys who are older. Depending on what state you're in, any guy he hooks up with could be unknowingly committing statutory rape. If it was found out, and the guy prosecuted, then your cousin could accidentally ruin someone's life. Also, a 16 year old can be more easily manipulated by someone much older, and may not realize the consequences of posting nude photos of themselves online. I don't know how, but you should at least talk to him about these potential consequences. For now, I would suggest leaving his parents out of this.

5. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd confront him, but make it less about being gay and more about being safer online, especially at his age. I don't have a problem with 16 year olds having sex and all that, it's just that I'd worry about someone who is say 35 or something preying on him. And who knows, maybe you guys will have a new bond since you are both gay (or he could be bisexual, but still).

6. D_BarryBunwarmer

Ok. I just hope he doesn't get into trouble by agreeing to meet people on there.

7. MichiganRico

Gold Member

Just let it go. He's going to do what he wants to do just like you did when you were his age. He'll tell his parents when he's ready.

8. D_Hamish Honkinhuge

D_Hamish Honkinhuge Account Disabled

Does he know you are gay? If he does, talk to him about security and common sense.

I hate myspace, nicknamed my waste of space by me

9. D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth Account Disabled

leave him alone. Isn't that what you'd have wanted? Just b/c he's 16 doesn't mean he doesn't dserve privacy.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I was going to say stay out of it.:redface: However, you bring up a good point. We are all vulnerable to online predators and sickos; but a 16 year old is particularly at risk for being led astray and possbly hurt or killed.

I

11. D_BarryBunwarmer

I contacted Dlist about it telling them his actual age. I'm hoping they delete his page without me having to talk to him

12. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some people wanted a pony when they were little, but there was a reason they didn't get it. I'm not saying out him to his parents, I'm saying educate him about places like Dlist and people on there. Not everyone has good intentions.

13. BelDaniel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    thats the best way. Get him off the public net, and talk to him about it. Be brutally honest in the dangers of the internet. Also talk to him about being gay o he can relate to you, so that he has someone to talk to and ask questions that he probably can't ask anyone else.

14. spunkyboy2008

spunkyboy2008 New Member

Albums:
    You should talk to him about for his sake and for the sake of anyone he might get involved with online. At 16, he might be vulnerable to being taken advantage of by older guys (the type who see how many young guys they can get drunk and have unprotected sex with... I've seen it). Also I don't know what the legal age of consent is in the USA, but if it more than 16 he could get others into trouble. For example a friend of mine in his early 20s had a visit from the police telling him that a girl he'd been chatting to online who claimed she was 18 was actually 14, not a nice experience. Don't tell his parents at this point I don't think.

15. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think age of consent is a state issue in the US. I know it is 16 in Washington. I think there is a clause about they have to be 18 if you are a foster parent or teacher.

Anyway, contacting Dlist was a smart move on your part, good job.

16. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

I agree with the people saying not to tell his parents but to talk to him. He obviously is not mature enough to realize the consequences of posting nude pictures on the internet.

For those of you saying leave him alone, don't you remember the stupid things you did when you were 16? Do you think you were mature enough at that age for this?

Great idea contacting Dlist!

17. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

There is at least a slight possibility that his photos were posted by someone else, who happened to have them, such as a boyfriend or GIRLFRIEND. So I wouldn't assume that he is gay or bi until I knew, for sure, that he posted the photos!

18. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Or former boyfriend or former girlfriend, if you catch my drift.

19. D_Hamish Honkinhuge

D_Hamish Honkinhuge Account Disabled

good idea contacting the site either way,

btw, nice pics kurtistrent

20. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yet another reason to confront him, swede. I'd want to know if my ex posted pictures of me on a gay social networking site.

Draft saved Draft deleted