I Found The Craziest Thing....

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lol. So in my travels I do find the oddest things as JJ pointed out. I'm not insulted by that cuz it's the truth. NOW...I found this flexi disc by an employee of New York Telephone. First presented at the Syracuse State Fair. I guess that's a claim to fame! I just find this fun and silly! His name is Tom Tierney and worked in the public relations dept.

Also this weekend I found a george Nelson inspired retro sofa, a nice painted bookshelf section, some actor's portfolios, some MINT, MINT Bo Diddley albums, some great picture discs.
So basically I was avoiding everything I SHOULD be doing.

Attachments

Last edited:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mr. Tierney also wrote the music and lyrics for a 1970 telecommunications-themed stage routine, "What's Happening at This End?" ...

link to document about this: click here

... which in turn provided some of the material for Tierney's 1971 record "Telephone Pioneers of America 60th Anniversary Show"...

link about this as well: click here

Why do I suspect that the lyrics to "Talkin' People Like You" have a telephone theme as well? :rolleyes:

Now that's just plain scary... and makes me very glad you're on our side.

Mr. Tierney also wrote the music and lyrics for a 1970 telecommunications-themed stage routine, "What's Happening at This End?" ...

link to document about this: click here

... which in turn provided some of the material for Tierney's 1971 record "Telephone Pioneers of America 60th Anniversary Show"...

link about this as well: click here

Why do I suspect that the lyrics to "Talkin' People Like You" have a telephone theme as well? :rolleyes:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am just so happy The Golden Gurls (you, nick8 and Jason) are excited over your Dumpster diving finds Hells !!! Are ya'll meeting for some cheesecake now ??

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, DO put up a pic or two of the George Nelson inspired sofa ya bought HKM! :smile:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's an excellent thought, Viking, but in this case I'm afraid we'll need something that disables those flacid, perennially flapping fingers.

With over 6000 useless posts, I would say your fingers are "flapping" much more than mine Nick8. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, Hells, don't be silly. You couldn't shut up kkJrkwood with a muzzle and a knife to his throat.

I'm excited to hear about your new finds, though.
And could you put up a pic of the sofa?

As requested here's a pic of the sofa. It's Nelson Inspired.... nit a Nelson! Of course my Dust Buster died while working on it. Totally a metaphor for my life lately! The sides fold up and down and it folds out also.

Attachments

As requested here's a pic of the sofa. It's Nelson Inspired.... nit a Nelson! Of course my Dust Buster died while working on it. Totally a metaphor for my life lately! The sides fold up and down and it folds out also.

It looks a lot like an Ikea sofa. I really like it though. Great color! Are you going to eBay it?