I fucking hate my body...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Tim McGnaw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I suppose I wanted to start this thread to discuss issues men (and women too for that matter) may have surrounding their bodies.

Men are in general discouraged from discussing how they feel about their self image, and yet currently media and cultural pressures on men to look a certain way are increasing significantly. I know I feel that pressure fairly often, not sure how I feel about it, sometimes I like that there's something to motivate me at other times I feel pretty oppressed by what I think I should be aspiring to look like.

I'd quite like to not have to feel forced to workout, or go to yoga, or all the other little annoying things I'm compelled to do, or just not guilty about pigging out on those incredibly rare occassions I allow myself to do so.

I don't really hate my body, but I sometimes come close to it, I have a lot of health issues which at this point in my life I'm sick to fuck of dealing with and talking about, none of which helps me with the whole trying to keep in shape thing. I sometimes describe my body as uncooperative, in doing so I'm deploying that charmingly English habit of understatement. In fact I don't hate my body, it hates me. :tongue:

TBH it's wearisome, feeling constantly like I need to look like a strappingly healthy 20 year old who works out twice a day, when I'm a less than perfectly healthy (see there's that charming habit again) 31 year old who has a job and doesn't always have the time or the energy to follow the Brazilian Body plan.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share a little and open the discussion see if anyone else out there is feeling less than enamoured (see I did it again) of the flesh they inhabit.

2. uncutblond34

uncutblond34 Member

Albums:
    :kiss: I think we all have things we'd change about our bodies.. however, from what little bit of your body I can see in your pics.... you, my Irish friend, have NOTHING to worry about..LOL You have a great body. Don't obsess about it..if you're reasonably healthy, you have it made. I'm 40, in the past 6 months have lost 30 lbs,gone from a 42 inch waist to a 36, have stopped taking hypertension meds, and in general, I feel like a 20 y/o. I do, however, have rheumatoid arthritis that I deal with, but, I don't let it slow me down.... all I need to do is stop smoking. May I volunteer to come to Ireland and give you some personal reassurance that you're fine just as you are ?:tongue: LOL

#2 uncutblond34, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Ah you're a sweetheart, I wasn't really fishing for compliments, just being honest so others would feel free to be honest too if they wanted. I know I'm not ugly or anything, I'm rational enough to be honest with myself I know my strengths and weaknesses in appearance terms. :wink:

Congratulations on you weight loss and health improvement! That's so amazing! I'm so pleased for you that you're feeling good as well as looking great :smile:

4. galaxus

galaxus Member

I don't hate my body...... but I'm still not happy with it.

I used to be upset that I wasn't that tall.... I used to be upset that I was hairy...... But think I'm past that now..... all the compliments I got from gay men on this site helped..... but pussy help the most (no offense, I really appreciate it)

Now I just wanna lose weight to hide the "slight" gynecomastia I have.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate mine too.
    Want to swap? You can deal with the "Look at food and gain 20 lbs", and I'll enjoy your slim body and monstrous cock.

Some people cant gain weight, and there are those of us that can't loose it no matter what we try.
    Genetics at play for the most part - not much we can do.

6. uncutblond34

uncutblond34 Member

Albums:
    Well thank you for the compliments ! I think that you've taken a well adjusted approach to this to get the conversation started. I have always been a stocky guy, its genetic. Hell, everything I have is big... I wear a size 13 ring, a size 13 shoe....but, I've always been conscious of being thick in the middle. An emergency trip to the hospital in January made me take stock of things. Fortunately, the health problem turned out to be nothing at all, however, it gave me the encouragement to change some habits, get more exercise and improve things for myself.
    As a result, I dont know if it was the change in my overall shape, or the tighter jeans, or even a change in attitude that I FEEL like I look better ( which can be powerful in itself ) but my social life and sex life have VASTLY improved...;) Anyone else going to chime in here ? :)

7. trunksisba

trunksisba New Member

Albums:
    I hate my body, it hates me. Mutual relationship lol. I have A LOT of health problems too, most which stem from the original health problem, (ask and I'll explain but it's a long story). I don't have a problem talking about it, I just don't like it when people try to sympathize or say people have it worse. Yes, I know other people have worse problems then me, that doesn't help how I feel about myself.

8. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    WTF Hilarius. You have a perfect body and a huge cock.Sure now the hate will pass.
    Wait till you are old and your pubic hair turns grey, and you work in an environment where you are seen naked on a daily basis, and you see naked males daily(share a cabin offshore oil rigs, communal showers )
    Then you realize that it pays off . I know I sound like your da or your teacher, but it's ego-boosting to walk into a place full of young outa shape young fucks and shed your clothes and walk proudly into the shower and get what seems like a passing comment , as in " what, you are 52?"
    So love the body and keep at it now.

9. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

i guess ill be the lone wolf here b/c i love my body, yeah i wish i were a little bit bigger and a little more defined but im working on it :redface:

10. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

I'm glad you don't really hate your body, because if you did and expressed your hatred on this site, you would be in violation of the ToS.

11. UKPianoBoy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Indeed. I hate my body. Especially my 8-pack and tight frame.

12. dion909693

dion909693 New Member

Albums:
    From what I see I would say that you are hot :) . There are many things that I would like to change about my body but I try to think positive and not let it get me down.

13. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

The problem with having a negative body image is that it leaks into other parts of our lives: relationships, intimacy with friends and family. It influences how we value ourselves and how we see others. Comparing our bodies to other people's is like comparing breeds of dogs. Some we like and others we don't. I think the best way to get over a negative self-image to to love another person and have them love you. Over time there is a change that occurs internally where you begin to see yourself with the eyes of your lover or friend. You can see yourself more objectively and openly...and begin to love yourself as you are.

14. dylz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    its tough when i go swimming in a public place and realize that my body is so skinny that i look more like a 15-year-old who hasnt finished puberty than most actual 15-year-olds.

15. rembrandt1603

rembrandt1603 New Member

I've been told thousands of times both in real life and on this website that I have a great body. Not so much a surprise, as I have worked hard for what I have now. I watch my diet, I regularly exercise and all the other regimental routines required to keep oneself in shape.

As a child and an early teen, however, I was a chubby kid with virtually no self-esteem and self-confidence. I decided enough was enough, and got my arse in gear. After a struggle, results came, and eventually I eased up, thinking I had found a comfortable plateau.

My body is one of those which goes to hell if mistreated, very, very quickly. A month of eating the occasional bit of junk food, lack of exercise and decent diet would result in me being fat, out of shape and feeling like hell. Meanwhile, there are people who haven't incorporated any kind of healthy regime in their life to date, and have washboard abs, lean bodies and perfect skin. That's just how it is.

Really, I hate my body, in the sense that it requires a lot of upkeep-- just to stay what I'd consider 'marginally above dead average'.

16. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    of the flesh they inhabit.............me like'

Weighed at age 16 for Rugby was 168 lbs, last week at the Dr's was 171, has been around that constant, never over often under so i guess cant complain at all re bod
    However ... haha
    it is age & health related crapping out and while not complaining more like accepting it, it can be a real bastard, hah
    Overall never had any reason whatsoever to work at the bod to keep it trim etc,(attribute that to xtra hard physical work to age 20) so been fortunate. like all soldiers has served very well.
    enz

17. voyeurgirl69

voyeurgirl69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I am happy with your body from the pics I saw. I do know what you mean. I love my breasts but I hate my stomach. I am to lazy to work out tho so its all me

18. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Chronic illness can be demoralizing. Chronic pain is no fun. But the old flesh dress has its good aspects still, and affords me many pleasures.

19. voyeurgirl69

Albums:
    /This pussy would tap that ass

20. voyeurgirl69

Albums:
    Can I join you two in Ireland?

Draft saved Draft deleted