i full on believe in karma after today

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well, i've always believe in karma. anyway, last sunday at work, yah? there was this homeless dude standing there while i was getting some shopping carts. he wasn't bugging anyone, nor was he askin for money, yah? so, i go up to him and ask him if he's thirsty. he said he was. i asked him if he wanted me for get him a water. he was all "if it's not too much trouble, can i have a soda instead?" i said "sure! what kine soda you want?" he was all "what kine you got?" and i told him the types. he said "i would like the red one, please"

he was very polite. so, i bought him the soda and i bought him a bag of chips. i came back outside and he was extremely grateful. he shook my hand and kept saying "god bless you!" and he was all "no one has shown me the kindness you've shown me just now! god bless you!" and that made me smile. with a final look back and a smile, he was on his way.

so, do you guys believe in karma? does anyone have one karma story, good or bad?

so, fast foreward to this morning, yah? i had for put in 10 bucks in gass at the local marathon. i put my card in the machine. but it didn't ask for put in my zip code or my pin number.it just said for pump. so, i did and waited for it for say $10.00 on the screen. i put the pump thing back on the holder, and the screen said for go see the cashier for a refund. honestly, i almost left haha.

so, i go in for see the cashier and i was all "i'm on pump 9 and it said for go to you for a refund" the cashier was all "are you done pumping?" and said that i was. she was all "here you go! he's $15.00!"

so, i got 10 bucks in free gas and 15 dollars! when that happened, i immediately thought back to what had happened last sunday. so, even though i always believed in karma, today it's become cemented into my mind.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, but you basically have stolen the money from the gas station because of an error. I believe in Karma, if you had found $15.00 on the sidewalk that would be something else. So If we are talking about Karma you are either going to loose or someone is going to steal $15.00 from you. Sorry!

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of surfer, thank you for your kindness to the man you got the soda and chips for.

As for being paid back with free gas, i think it would have been better for you to have notified the clerk to the error. I think that person might have had their tally short by the end of the day and gotten in trouble for it.
This weekend i filled up, went in and bought something and was only charged for what i purchased (not the gasoline). I could have easily walked out and made off with a free tank of gas, courtesy of the employee.
I did not do this and reminded him that i had the gas from the pump i was on and paid for my gas.
So, going with your karma idea, i hope that somehow that might come back around to me in a good and honest way.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should go take the money back since they were probably short that day. It's a no-brainer that you had gotten the wrong change. Why didn't you just give it back then? Looks like bad karma is heading your way, yah?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I dont think thats a very good example of Karma, frankly! Its more about an act of kindness followed by an act of dishonesty!

But check your bank card statements before u get too excited, yah?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That's my suspicion as well.

Surf, if you check your card activity, I wouldn't be surprised if you see a $25 charge from that gas station.

i already checked my card when i got to work.

and the cashier wouldn't end up 15 dollars short. what i think happened was that someone bought gas, filled up, and then didn't go back for his refund. so, i ended up getting for use the rest of his money that he didn't use.

EDIT: i feel i need for clarify something. it's not a wrong change kine sitch. i went for pay at the pump with my debit card. when i slid it, instead of asking my pin number or my zip like it should, it just said for pump. so, like i said in this post, i believe someone had paid for their gas in cash before i got there, and they just forgot their change

also, i just called for make sure they weren't short from the morning shift, and they had said that they were only off by 13 cents.

Last edited:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Karma is a wonderful thing, it certainly isn't a load of baloney. Think of the knock-on impact there in the first story. The homeless guy experienced the warmth and generosity of someone taking the time to stop and care, share a friendly word and offer him a drink to quench his thirst. That may have been the first kind thing that had happend to him in a long time. Maybe it restored his faith in human nature, the turning point he so needed in his life. That one act would live with him for some time to come, certainly brought a smile to his face. That smiling face may have made someone else smile and so on. Just like ripples in a pond. I have always been a firm believer in "Give and ye shall receive" Just stop and think whenever you have a quiet moment to yourself and consider this. Every single action no matter how big or small will have an indirect effect on everything in the universe. You may say "No Way" have you stopped and thought before you made your hasty answer.

Get back to me and let me know your answer, but not before you have taken that moment to ponder. You will be amazed

8wayup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you had subsequently purchased a lotto ticket and won, that would be karma. The rule of karma would only apply if the station would have screwed you in the past. And the laws of karma are not linear. You may receive a return from a source other than the one that screwed you. It is better thought of as a karma "pot". You may have banked 24 bucks (25 bucks - soda + chips) worth of bad karma by not being straight with the cashier.

Check your card, when the shift rings out I expect they will catch it.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK surfer -
good job on calling and checking to see about the til being off.
I would think having been responsible, following up and checking
to see if there was an error and they gave the all clear, it seems
as though you had a good turn. And we always enjoy that when
it happens.
Per your generosity to that man, good job.