I Got ____ In The Breakup

1

101754

Guest
I thought I would pose a question as I realize today that I'm wearing clothes from my ex today.

What did you get in a break up? What did you keep? What did you hide before you kicked their ass out?

I got a great wine opener that was expensive.

What did you get? The clap? A child? Palimony?
 
I got my child. i finally got good sex WHOOOHOOO lol. and well hmmm i guess i paid for everything else so yeah i guess i came out pretty good considering hes in a homeless shelter because hes to lazy to keep a job and keeps donating his sperm to random people and is now in his oh i think 6th or 7th child.
 
Well, I gained a stalker that I had to take legal action against, a tremendous amount of grief and loss over something that was spectacular and failed in a colossal fashion (I hate failure), many beautiful memories and the knowledge that I am capable of love greater than I was aware. Oh yeah - and now am dirt-ass poor and broke as a result. LOL.
 
I got the freedom from physical abuse (yup), and the clear head to find someone who is a piece of heaven on earth -- as well as an awesome huge 1880s ball-and-claw foot dining room table with 10 matching chairs.


Me too. (so, where is my antique dining room set, huh? ;)
Insted, I got a piano, gold jewelry, furnature, and a Kitchen Aid mixer. Not bad, right? :redface:
My Ike Turner loved to buy high-quality 'apology' gifts.

Dirty fucker. I hope he rots.
 
I got one small end table.

$70,000 in debt.

high blood pressure

exiled to another state

6 litigations in 4 years


but
I got free

and I got her that was well worth all the above.
 
I got the freedom from physical abuse (yup), and the clear head to find someone who is a piece of heaven on earth -- as well as an awesome huge 1880s ball-and-claw foot dining room table with 10 matching chairs.
Is it weird that I would fuck you for the rights to that dining room set?:confused:


I got my fucking sanity back.
And an xbox.
Isn't that the best gift of all.


I prefer to think of them as "lovely parting gifts", like on the Price is Right. :biggrin1: Helps to take the sting out of the break-up.

I received an all expense paid trip to Disney World including a 5 day Hopper Pass, a RCA bookshelf stereo with CD and dual cassette player, and a Broyhill sofa and love seat set. But most importantly I got back my self-respect, self-esteem, and a few friends he had alienated.
 
Hurricane's are named after SO's because they are wet and wild when they come yet take your house and car when they go. :frown1:
 
Lost $1.5 million in personal assets (and no that was not counting quasi assets like the boats and cars)

Walked away from joint assets -approx $5 million.

Got three years legal battle.

Lost the yachat.

Gained My freedom.
My sex drive.
My self respect
and my independance.
 
when my last relationship ended, i got my identity back. i wasn't the same person i was before when we were together; i was who he wanted me to be... i swear, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

hope we all live and learn, and let's hope there "IS" a next time, Bruce
 
Stacy, first of all it seems that I'm stalking you online tonight :)
Second, I did the same thing. Was engaged to a guy three different times, who wanted me to change and when I did, didn't want someone who would change. Turns out he didn't want to be in a relationship...

What I got was a 97 GMC 1500, the experience of hiking 900 miles, a few therapy sessions, my sense of humor, my family and my sanity back.

Been single for 4 years and have had a blast along the way :D
 
A little bit of self respect for starters (more came later), and a lot of emotional detritus and twisted body-energetic ties that I luckily managed to discover and remove (running in both directions). A pretty fair barometer of what I could sink to and then climb out of (mostly :) ).
 
I got the freedom from physical abuse (yup), and the clear head to find someone who is a piece of heaven on earth -- as well as an awesome huge 1880s ball-and-claw foot dining room table with 10 matching chairs.

Wow. Martha Stewart must be a mean son of a bitch if you got that in the divorce. :wink:
 
I got my fucking sanity back.

I got the freedom from emotional abuse (yup), and the clear head to find someone who is a piece of heaven on earth . . .

$140,000 in debt.

. . . but
I got free

and I got him that was well worth all the above.

Gained my freedom.
My sex drive.
My self respect
and my independence.

When my last relationship ended, I got my identity back. I wasn't the same person I was before when we were together; I was who he wanted me to be... I swear, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

What I got was . . . a few therapy sessions, my sense of humor, my family and my sanity back.

I altered the above to fit my circumstances. Glad to hear others have been through the fire and survived.

NCbear (who was in it for 12 years and escaped from it Labor Day Weekend 2002--wasn't upset when the big move-out weekend arrived and it rained all three days while he was trying to move all his stuff out)