i got a 118/150 on my speech today

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
the one i gave about the importance of condom use. he said that i was too "cavalier and flippant" with my introduction and my conclusion. i was all "i don't even know what that means!" he said i needed to be more serious. i told him that i used humor to get the attention of my class, and it worked. he told me my subject matter was too serious for that. i still said that persuasive speeches are supposed to be more serious. i'm not done with this bruddah. i'm gonna argue against him some more

however, i did get a 92% on my psychology exam!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
cavalier -Showing arrogant or offhand disregard
flippant- lacking proper respect or seriousness

I didn't know they went to 150 nowadays.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
cavalier -Showing arrogant or offhand disregard
flippant- lacking proper respect or seriousness

I didn't know they went to 150 nowadays.

well, yah. i went to the library and looked them up when class let out haha. and yes, i'm dorky enough for look up words i don't know. but i used a technique that was had read about in the book - humor as a means to garnet attention. me over all message was extremely clear - wear condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancies and to prevent the spread of STDs.

and yah, he made it 150 for the speech, and 50 for the outline

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, yah. i went to the library and looked them up when class let out haha. and yes, i'm dorky enough for look up words i don't know. but i used a technique that was had read about in the book - humor as a means to garnet attention. me over all message was extremely clear - wear condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancies and to prevent the spread of STDs.

and yah, he made it 150 for the speech, and 50 for the outline

Public speaking/speeches are so beneficial. It sounds like you performed well. What are you majoring in?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Public speaking/speeches are so beneficial. It sounds like you performed well. What are you majoring in?

i'm still in between education and respiratory therapy (with nursing as a back up for RT - they only take 30 new students a year for RT)

i would love to teach, but a lot of districts are actually getting rid of teachers due to budget concerns. also, there was one teacher who got fired because he had a myspace, which is suck fuckin bullshit:eek:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'm still in between education and respiratory therapy (with nursing as a back up for RT - they only take 30 new students a year for RT)

i would love to teach, but a lot of districts are actually getting rid of teachers due to budget concerns. also, there was one teacher who got fired because he had a myspace, which is suck fuckin bullshit:eek:

Yes, employers do check Myspace and Facebook...

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Was it just having the account, or the content he had on it?

just having the account. and it was private, too. they said that he had the potential to "abuse myspace" and "look for teens to sleep with" which is so fuckin retarded. and i think it should be unlawful for an employer to fire someone because someone has a myspace or a facebook.

there was also another case where there were these two teachers that were married to each other liked to go to sex clubs. they ended up in like, city link or something in one of those "look where we were and taking pictures!" pages. like, the ons where they go to clubs and take pictures of the peoples there, yah? well, the principal or someone found out and they were fired because they might "bring their deviances into the classroom"

again, bullshit

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

My best friend from grade school days is now a Principal in Kentucky. His job is in jeopardy right now because they found out that he had an "open container citation" in 2002. He was in the back seat of an SUV in a parking lot after a football game and received this 'citation.' Now his career may be over.

That's a tough racket. God forbid if he were in the driver's seat.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My best friend from grade school days is now a Principal in Kentucky. His job is in jeopardy right now because they found out that he had an "open container citation" in 2002. He was in the back seat of an SUV in a parking lot after a football game and received this 'citation.' Now his career may be over.

That's a tough racket. God forbid if he were in the driver's seat.

that is so jacked up brah. i wish the best for him!

is this what passes for college-educated these days?

heaven forbid there are words and phrases i'm not familiar with! :rolleyes:

also, i'm not college educated if i'm, you know...still in college! i'm a freshman brah. chill the fuck out, and know what you're talking about before you start to talk smack about peoples.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
he didn't buy the argument. oh wellz, i still have a B, and i have 20 points of extra credit comin my way.

also, please scope out the outline. there are a lot of interesting facts. also, i wanna know what you guys think of my intro and conclusion