I got a speeding ticket today

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On no, you were profiled. The cops hate yuppies. They always target people who drive Volvos or Mercedes it seems. I guess that "I support the ACLU" bumper sticker didn't help either.

I had a cop friend that would always ticket people with "Jesus Saves" or religious bumper stickers just because he could.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
On no, you were profiled. The cops hate yuppies. They always target people who drive Volvos or Mercedes it seems. I guess that "I support the ACLU" bumper sticker didn't help either.

I had a cop friend that would always ticket people with "Jesus Saves" or religious bumper stickers just because he could.

Sadly, that can't be it, as I was driving a Toyota.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh well . How much is the ticket? Do they have traffic school in Canada? The really bad drivers here get to pick up trash on the highway - hope you are not in that camp.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Getting caught speeding thru a ghetto -$75 Canadian? Wow cheap. I think speeding fines here in the US are upwards of $200 plus the cost of traffic school the keep it off your record.

Yeah I know cops are experts at avoiding bad places of town where they might actually be needed.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I am a horrible driver... I feel the need for speed often, and get road rage at people doing 10 under the posted limit.. flip them off, evil stares, you name it I'll do it.... but I have yet to be pulled over... anyone who knows where I live understand this.. we have Canadas worst drivers here... and I'm probably not an exception for getting angry at them.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a horrible driver... I feel the need for speed often, and get road rage at people doing 10 under the posted limit.. flip them off, evil stares, you name it I'll do it.... but I have yet to be pulled over... anyone who knows where I live understand this.. we have Canadas worst drivers here... and I'm probably not an exception for getting angry at them.

Ummm, sorry T.K. , but I believe that any community thats within 1 hr of
Pearson Airport in Toronto has the worst drivers. :wink:

Although thats just my opinon.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just got one too... singled out of the crowd on the highway for 72 in a 55 (wooohoo), fines doubled because of work crews in the area. The officer was very concerned my signature didn't match ("Is that your signature?" he says twice all gruff and mean and powerful sounding, which I understand because my taxes go towards having someone like this on hand) and I said yes that's my signature and it is because writing (on your tiny electronic screen thing with a tiny plastic pencil thing) is not the same surface as when I signed my license. I think they should give the officers bigger pencils. I am just not used to using such a small instrument.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A bit of background on me - I'm a white male, late 30s, professional appearance (i.e. no tattoos, long hair or piercings, conservative attire).

I guess the police aren't racist after all. :confused: How disappointing for me.

I guess there weren't any blacks or hispanics or guys in Vipers anywhere near you on that road driving about the same speed.

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yep, it is easy to play the victim... a speeder is a speeder, doesn't matter the color of the skin... but a new red sportscar car DOES stand out... (I used to drive one and it was like a magnet for cops, mostly an optical effect as the color red makes our brains often sense alert and these guys would keep getting alerted all of a sudden.)

crowdpleaser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Funny you should ask.

I got pulled over on 4/01/07 for speed, 47 in a 35, and got pulled over 2 miles later. I drive faster than most drivers should, I am sad to say. I got pulled over in an upscale neighborhood and got a DUI. Today I had my Remedial driving Course. What a joke, 2 hours of material in an 8 hr course. It was like a remake of The Breakfasy Club, half of us had DUIs in the past. Out of the 15 of us, the half that had DUIs all past the test on the first try, the other half was not so lucky.

Thanks in advance to the people who will criticize me for DUI, it only takes 1 beer an hour in ohio.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fast by itself doesn't bother me. I like to drive fast.

Quebec drivers are aggressive and inconsiderate but at least seem to know how to operate their cars. By contrast Toronto/Ontario has a lot of plain clueless drivers who really don't know or care to drive well. Weaving, accelerating or deaccelerating nearly cliping people,cuttoffs, making pentuple lane changes,missing exit barrier walls by 2 or 3 feet, lane drifters, blinkers left on, chinese people who ignore all english-language road signage, people within a using main traffic lanes as improv unloading zones, people too short to see over the dash, traveling 10 under in the fast lane or 20 in the slow, passing in the slow lane,pole-position style racing pairs of cars, etc.

I've noticed that my highway gas mileage immediately drops ~2 mpg as soon as I cross back into Canada from the US with all the stop and go. It's impossible to set the cruise control without either running into some slowass bastard blocking the middle and or fast lane or having some person come up behind you when you doing 20k over in the cruising lane and are blocked in front anyways and turn on their high-beams.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...I guess the police aren't racist after all. :confused: How disappointing for me.

Our traffic police are certainly not rascist; well maybe the few remaining human ones may have the usual %. The rest, well, they are large yellow boxes on posts by the roadside. It's what counts for traffic policing in the UK these days.