I got circumcised today

brianincny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I got circumcised this morning. I had to be there at 8 and I was out by noon after the anesthetic wore off. I was out for the surgery and so that was easy. Before that, I got prepped by a male nurse and had to sign a consent form. Only really saw the doc for a second before.
He gave me a shot that kept it numb most of the way back home. I started feeling some pain and took a vicodin and have been taking that evey 4 hours. So far, no real pain. Just feels like something's sort of moving around under the bandage. Only the tip of my penis is exposed so I can piss. I'm supposed to keep this on til Sunday at least, then I'll finally see.
In case you're wondering why I'm doing this, there are a bunch of reasons. I have phimosis is the main one. It only caused problems when I didn't retract before getting hard but it was a pain in the ass and it caused the insurance to kick in and pay for it.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
Congrats - and I hope you are happy with the outcome once everything is healed up. I have been circumcised since birth and I wouldn't have it any other way. May I ask how old you are?

tiahuaca

Experimental Member
Media
congratulation .....hope you will get all of the benefits of circumcision ....healtier ....greater sexual pleasure & performance ......
don't let your cock get a morning erection ... it is easy ..buddy

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to hear about having phimosis so bad it had to resort to circumcision.

I hope you heal real fast so you can try out your boner with no pain or constriction.

The head of the penis will be quite sensitive for a while.

echo20

Sexy Member
Media
I was going to say why? But at least you had medical reasons behind the snip. A cock is still a cock but i just love uncut dicks. The whole argument about the cleaner and more sensitive pleasure is crap its been proven that a cut cock has less feeling than an uncut cock as it has been desensitised by not having a protective hat. As for the hygiene argument well its not hard to clean your dick.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was going to say why? But at least you had medical reasons behind the snip. A cock is still a cock but i just love uncut dicks. The whole argument about the cleaner and more sensitive pleasure is crap its been proven that a cut cock has less feeling than an uncut cock as it has been desensitised by not having a protective hat. As for the hygiene argument well its not hard to clean your dick.

Give the guy a break and leave him alone. This is no time to be judgmental and do the whole cut vs uncut thing. He had a medical reason at the very least. It's a personal decision and really brooks no discussion.

Congrats to the OP for doing what he wanted and needed to do. I hope you heal quickly and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results. Let us know how it goes. Here's a little kiss on your forehead. :biggrin1:

Reactions: Intactnine

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

good that you have a preference for what you like and all. but nothings been proven crap as you say. [ its not by the way cut is cleaner ect, ect,] but respect to the op i wont take you on this morning , so count yourself lucky LOL. you thank what ever makes you happy. but the op is glad I'm sure he has his problem taken care of once an for all and he can now enjoy using his cock any time he wants and others can enjoy it more as well. so let him celebrate it any way he wants an not try to turn his thread into the crazy uncut crap we see most every time something is posted about a guy getting circumcised. haven't you heard about people wanting , liking, something different. he said he had medical problem as a reason for doing it. so that shoots your hypotheses out the water right their. so that haveng been said, CONGRATULATIONS Brian on your new circ. sure your enjoy being cut. :biggrin1: i know lot of guys who have an still are glad they did it. :wink: they all have been enjoying their new upgrade LOL. let us know how everything turns out for you. sure it will be all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Intactnine

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
after you take the bandages off you need to do some before and after shots.

Then one month after, 6 months after &c.

Enjoy your new cock.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Brian

You will not regret this.

I got cut at age 40 for the same reason. My only regret was that I hadn't went a head and did it 15 years earlier when I first started thinking about it instead of "just putting it off" until it became an issue i had to finnally deal with.

The sensitivity or lack there of thing IMO is a bunch of crap. Millions if not billions of guys are cut from birth or later like us and don't have any sensitivity issues the only issue some have is being too sensitive to the point of premature ejaculation. I still last about as long as I did before but sex is overall more pleasureable because it is pain free with no tearing issues and I can seek out women that might be on the tighter side rather than ones that were not as I used to just so I could have pain free but often less that satifying sex because they radiply becaime strecthed to the point that I couldn't feel much.

Yes I am just an "average guy" so from my perspective because I am not "throwing a hotdog down a hallway" any more my penis is "more sensitive"

For 3-4 days maybe a week you will get woke up once maybe twice during the night by a somewhat painful, painful enough to wake you up, piss hardon.

Try to not drink as much water in the evening as you normally do to prevent this.

At about three weeks I was able to get an erection and have it not be painful.

The first sex I had was with a woman, one that I had met just prior to my surgery, who I found out much to my surprise, my very pleasant surprise that she was very very tight was at about five weeks.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brian

You will not regret this.

I got cut at age 40 for the same reason. My only regret was that I hadn't went a head and did it 15 years earlier when I first started thinking about it instead of "just putting it off" until it became an issue i had to finnally deal with.

The sensitivity or lack there of thing IMO is a bunch of crap. Millions if not billions of guys are cut from birth or later like us and don't have any sensitivity issues the only issue some have is being too sensitive to the point of premature ejaculation. I still last about as long as I did before but sex is overall more pleasureable because it is pain free with no tearing issues and I can seek out women that might be on the tighter side rather than ones that were not as I used to just so I could have pain free but often less that satifying sex because they radiply becaime strecthed to the point that I couldn't feel much.

Yes I am just an "average guy" so from my perspective because I am not "throwing a hotdog down a hallway" any more my penis is "more sensitive"

For 3-4 days maybe a week you will get woke up once maybe twice during the night by a somewhat painful, painful enough to wake you up, piss hardon.

Try to not drink as much water in the evening as you normally do to prevent this.

At about three weeks I was able to get an erection and have it not be painful.

The first sex I had was with a woman, one that I had met just prior to my surgery, who I found out much to my surprise, my very pleasant surprise that she was very very tight was at about five weeks.

have heard the erection pain thing off an on here at times. am curious to know if it could due to the way some are circ. as my hubby and some of the other guys i knew before him never had this problem. i seen and ask an their answer was no. just curious as to why this mite be. as if you been a member long here you know I'm a cut cock loving women.lol their is no better cock to me than cut is. been doing a bit of research on this but so far it seems that it has to do with how tight you are circ, and a how you are or mite be stitched during the healing process. also every MD has their rules as well. but they gave a couple guys who had this done i know meds. to take as to not get a night time erection type thing. but they didn't my hubby when he was circ, but he had no pain from it when he did. interesting to know why here. an i am working on this by the way LOL. and i will find out. an ill add it to my medical journal:wink: and use it to somehow maybe help someone who wants to know why as well if so. also mite have to use it for combat. purpose's here as well.:biggrin1: LOL. lets hope not.

I wish you the best of luck and hope your circumcision brings you and your partners greater happiness. It's a tough decision but it sounds like you made a lot of considerations so you didn't rush into it. That's the best way to approach these things.

One of the best ways to sleep, if you can, is on your side in a fetal type position. This will lessen the strain on the stitches and minimize pain and bleeding during nocturnal erections. Do inform the doctor though if you pop a stitch. Once the bandages are off you may find some relief by soaking your penis in a cup of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of salt. The saline is soothing to the wound and helps promote healing. You may find your glans peeling like sunburn after a few days to a week. That's normal. Soaking helps slough off that skin as well. Try to fight the urge to peel off the dead skin as it can expose parts of new skin which aren't quite ready for exposure. If your frenulum was removed, be prepared for that area to heal more slowly and to weep lymph and blood frequently. Don't let that alarm you.

Here's to a quick recovery and a happier sex life!

brianincny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks for all the good wishes. I had a good night except for the boners. I started to go a couple times and thought "Oh Shit" but they went away. In the middle of the night I had a hard on that wouldn't quit. The most painful thing yet, had me sort of dancing around and feeling stupid I got cut. I'm still not supposed to take the bandage off til Monday or tomorrow night if it gets soiled. I'm going to try and post some "last looks" at my foreskin and a couple shots with the bandage on but the vicodin makes me lazy/dreamy so that may wait.

Luv-Big-n-Hung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a nurse in surgery and I know it is a lot harder on adults than on babies. I hope you are doing well brianincy and taking it easy. And avoiding those "boners", at least for awhile. Best Wishes....

I'm a nurse in surgery and I know it is a lot harder on adults than on babies. I hope you are doing well brianincy and taking it easy. And avoiding those "boners", at least for awhile. Best Wishes....

Completely untrue. Adults get adequate anesthesia and a choice. Babies are lucky if they get a ring block, usually get inadequate EMLA, and have no choice. They're also usually circumcised by interns, obstetricians, or even nurses who have no formal training in how to do it other than by watching another doctor do it or even reading instructions on the package.

A study using APGAR tests on babies undergoing circumcision were so appalling that the study was halted.

Luv-Big-n-Hung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not to get into a pissing war with you jason els. But the recovery and healing time for an adult is on a different level than for a baby. Just for the simple fact that there is more surface area to heal. Anesthesia has nothing to do with recovery or healing. And the local block that is injected at the end of the case (which by the way is usually 0.25% or 0.5% Sensorcaine) only last a couple of hours, at best.

And as for as who performs the percedure--only the doctor is allowed to perform the circumcision BY LAW and an intern under the direct supervision of the doctor. And most doctors do not let the intern perform the percedure on babies because of the increase rick of scaring the child for life. And because it is elected percedure for babies that insurence does not pay for it, the doctor receives cash.

And I can asure you any nurse that has performed a circumcision no long has a license and is behind bars for operating outside their scope of practice

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
But the recovery and healing time for an adult is on a different level than for a baby.
That's right. An adult can manage the healing. An infant's wound stews in his own juices until someone else does something about it. Not hygienic at all. I'm glad brianincny got what he wanted, but there is no reason whatever to do this to babies. A foreskin is not a birth defect.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congrats to the OP on his decision. Sounds like the right one in this case (always is when YOU are the one making it for yourself).

Good healing and let us know when you are operational. Would love to read your reactions and thoughts on the new, more streamlined model! LOL

fullpak

Legendary Member
Media
Syracuse, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Congrats on the decision, and good luck with the healing....those of us who lost the skin right after birth can't fathom what you might be missing...but, everything works well here, and is enjoyable, even without a foreskin, so after the healing....you should get to a point where it is all enjoyable again.

Also a central new yorker...and just wanted to lend some support..