I got circumcised today

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by brianincny, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Symphonic

Gold Member

It's the pre-occupation, not the base fact, for instance you can have a fetish for breasts and many people do. It's very common. Nerves, by the way, are just measured on sensitivity, not pleasure or the purpose thereof since they do not feel only pleasure or pain.

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Preoccupation with what? Normal? Baby dicks? I just seems like the shoe has got to be on the other foot.

3. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    First off we know circumcision started before the 1800s. Second we know that what they tried in the 1800s did not work because men still had LOTS of sex and did LOTS of masturbation regardless of cut or uncut.

And your proof? Where is your Proof??????

4. sargon20

Gold Member

But really babies screaming on planes? This is a major issue. Babies scream on planes. Babies scream during RIC or so I'm told. So we can't ignore one and concern ourselves with only the other. They both ought to be addressed.

What parent(s) get it all right? You suck it up and move on. When you have children don't circumcise. End-of-story. That's how most people deal with things.

#504 sargon20, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  5. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    See this makes sense to me, an adult making the decision to have a circumcision. As far as I'm concerned it's how it should be, it should be the owner of the penis who decides what happens to it.

Unless there are specific medical reasons, parents should leave their childrens genitals alone until they can decide for themselves if they would like to have them modified.

6. sargon20

Gold Member

The thread was never about RIC. But 'The Brigade' always has to roll it out. Always. :rolleyes:

7. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I hope you're joking.

Your parent(s) fed you, held you, changed your diaper, kept a roof over your head, bought you toys, tried to nourish you, probably took you on trips, listened to your problems, gave advice when they could ....

And you don't trust them because they followed pretty general advice at one time of having a procedure done on your penis that you don't even remember? A procedure that the overwhelming majority of parents had done on their infant boys, following the assumptions (okay, probably erroneous) of their times?

You can either cherish the 'critical damage' or get a life.

I'm not just being blunt.

Those are the choices you have, symphonic.

(But I think you may be joking; I hope
    so.)

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Rubi. It is a primal wound. That's what Freud called it. And why he left his baby son's body intact.

I know it is done in ignorance, but if you can't trust your parents there, where can you trust them? Think about it. You don't really want to argue for ignorance.

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Rubi. Are saying that you don't hear any complaints so it is wrong to want to have a normal penis? I think you are saying get on board with your culture. But if culture is in error, why would we want to get on board with ignorance?

From your description of events, you are well-socialized with your circumcision. You went to the hospital, were treated well and had fun. Sounds kind of weird, but I see why you feel the way you do. The truth is that the reasons you were circumcised were most likely cultural. There is seldom a real need for a seven year old to have a circumcision. You would most likely have grown up with the penis you were born with and quite likely be on the other side of the issue.

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

Somehow, d., with all we now know of how unscientific and and how arbitrary Freud was in his thinking, I wouldn't take his opinion as any kind polestar.
    You can look at everything they did that demonstrated, or failed to demonstrate, that they had your best interest at heart.
    There will be tens of thousands of things.
    Circumcision is only one of them ... one that isn't, in the larger scheme, all that significant. At least in my opinion.

But, d., I know that there are wide divergences of opinion here.
    I don't really ask anyone to agree with me.

11. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

The only one that removed a body part without reason. If I had through some accident, like an automobile accident, been responsible for the removal of a body part from a parent, the first words out of my mouth would be, "I'm so sorry."

12. D_Gunther Snotpole

No, I'm saying that the fact that I don't hear any complaints, except on this board, must mean that circumcision doesn't rank high on the scale of indignities that humans may suffer.
    For the record, I see no reason to routinely circumcise male infants.
    That cultural assumption should change ... as the medical assumption already has.
    (In Canada, the circumcision rate is only just above 10 percent and still falling, I believe. I think that's good.)
    But those who already are circumcised don't have to carry a cross about it for the rest of their lives.
    I see no point in that at all. In a way, that attitude is a bit anti-life in and of itself.

No, actually, my glans was so enormously huge ... indeed, coconut like ... that it was splitting the foreskin.
    Lol.
    No.
    I exaggerate the scale, oh, just a little bit.
    But that splitting was happening (on a unit of pretty ordinary dimension), so it was thought best to have the procedure done to avoid chronic infection.
    (The reason I was not circumcised at birth was that I was seven weeks premature.)

13. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

The overwhelming majority of parents, me included, had it done because it was the thing to do, and we had been given no reason not to do it. Just because everyone was doing it doesn't make it right. I regret having my son circumcised, partly because I should have known it was unnecessary, (since I have a foreskin) and partly because I hate doing things just because a majority of people are doing it. Now I know that circumcision of infants is pointless and unnecessary. Whether junior remembers the experience or not, it is cruel to inflict on an infant, and anyone who is angry with parents over it has a right to be angry. To most males a penis is pretty important, and to be deprived of having a whole penis for no legitimate/medical reason, is grounds for anger. And not necessarily something "to just get over."

14. D_Gunther Snotpole

A 'right to be angry.'
    Who does anger serve?
    Does anger reverse anything?
    What's the point of being angry?

There is real point, though, in resolving not to have one's own issue circumcised, as you apparently have done.

If you have another son, I'm sure you won't have him circumcised.

15. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Thank you. Put it a little higher on the scale. What could be a worse welcome to earth? How did our most highly educated become entangled in the task? Absolutely appalling.

16. D_Gunther Snotpole

Lol.
    Well, we'll have to disagree.

One takeaway from what I'm saying is that I think the recent move away from circumcision is a good thing.

(D., I'm too busy hanging by my heels in the crypt right now. When dusk comes, I'll fly out again and hit the keyboard, and we'll continue our discussion.:yikes:)

17. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It effects social change. What do you think? Don't be too canny.

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

Well, this change is happening quickly anyway ... most of it of entirely rational tones, based as much on new thinking among physicians as upon anything coming from the ranks of parents.
    All the medical societies are now in very public agreement that whatever else might be said about circumcision, it is rarely if ever necessary.
    And they no longer recommend it.
    So the winds of change have been blowing softly but effectively for a long time.
    No need for revolution.

#518 D_Gunther Snotpole, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  19. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

If you think it is happening because physicians don't mind losing this revenue stream, you really are too canny. Especially in the U.S. of A.

20. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or he will be like 99% of the males with a circumcised penis and look at it as it is...his penis and something he can go out and f*** a girl with

Draft saved Draft deleted