i got my hours back at work just to have them taken away!

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
so, i finally got 5 days back! been this way for a month. we agreed on giving me fridays and saturdays off, yah? well, the company changes our truck day to fridays. well, i set up all my appointments on fridays. physical i need for a class, financial aid meetings, scholarship meetings, etc. my boss told me i had to work fridays, and i'd have thursday and saturday off until the truck goes back to normal. except i can't reschedule anything, especially the meetings with the scholarship people!

so, i look at the schedule, and my thursdays were crossed off for next week and the week after, and the week after that i'm not even scheduled thursday at all. this is fucking bullshit. i talked to my boss about it

he's all "well, everybody has to work truck day!" i look at the schedule and the latinos don't work truck day (but i kept my mouth shut, this is my ammo)

i told him "when you gave me my 5 days back, we agreed upon fridays and saturdays off. i made all my appointments for fridays"

"well, you need to have flexibility and be able to change with the company"

i almost went off on him. i was all "so you're telling me that if truck was changed to a day and time i had class, i'm expected to be here?" and he stuttered a bit, "n-no" so i say "this is no different!" and walked out.

later on, i took pics of the schedule of the girl who has friday and saturday off. i'm sick of this bullshit. friday i'm calling corporate to tell them i'm calling the board of labor. last time i called corporate, i never heard back from them. i called both district and the corporate numbers.

district conveniently "never got my calls' which is bullshit, because i spoke to my DM's secretary. and when i called corporate, they "assigned me a case manager" who never got back to, and when i called back to catch him, he was never there.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Make note of all your complaints/discusions/agreements including date, time, place of meeting and everyone present at the meeting. Write a letter of confirmation of all discussion/agreements to confirm that both parties agree with the outcome and have the person sign it and date it. Make sure you have a way to back-up all you complaints. If the agreement is breached, write to your HR department (if you have one) and attach copies (keep originals) of all your notes and signed agreements. Send it by mail double-registered. Double-registered means you will be sent a copy of the registration form which will give you the date and time it was received and the person who received it. In your letter give them a date you expect resolution to be completed. You have to give the company enough time to correct the situation. You need to go through the right channels so your employer can't accuse you of being a shit disturber.

If its real bad and nothing happens let the company know that you are going to contact your state employment protection department (if you have one). If you don't have one find out if one of your local media has an employment/consumer protection reporter. Your employer won't want the embarassment. But remember if you go the state or media route you'll probably be looking for a new job. You can also hire a lawyer.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a terrible experience with a boss that made work miserable. I was given oral and then written warning. Strangely she had always given me excellent reviews. It became known by senior management what she was doing. A short time later I was asked to move to head office with a promotion to a national manager which would have made me her boss.