I Gotta Give It To Her. She Has Chutzpah!!!!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, so, I think we don't have the whole story here. The before picture isn't dated, but is quite obviously a few years old - more trees have grown up, the sidewalk to the beach left no trace of demo (suggesting it was removed long before the after pic was taken) etc. That area sustained a bit of hurricane damage in the past few years. Are we absolutely sure the house was still structurally sound?

Too many questions loom unanswered for me to go about calling the chick crazy for tearing down a home that may have been quite a bit worse for wear than the one pictured.

Last edited:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, those crazy rich people, eh? All wanting their house to be hurricane resistant and free from extensive termite damage. The gall, right?

And then they give the leftover shit to crazy charities like Habitat for Humanity? Ugh, excess and greed at it's worst, I say.

:rolleyes:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The 17,000-ft., six-bedroom home in a gated community in North Palm Beach, Fla., was built in the 1920s, Dan Reedy of Onshore Construction and Development, tells PEOPLE. "It wasn't built to the South Florida wind-loading codes of today that were put in place because of hurricanes. We had an architect and a structural engineer out here and everyone agreed that it made more sense – structurally and economically – to tear it down and start over."

But it wasn't a total loss. Nordegren gave Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Fla., four weeks to methodically go through the structure and salvage tens of thousands of dollars worth of cabinets, hardware and fixtures. That's when termite and carpenter-ant infestations were discovered, says Habitat's director of deconstruction, Bobbi Blodgett.

"When we pulled out the windows, the bugs were everywhere," says Blodgett. "To rebuild that house would have been ridiculous. We're so grateful to Elin. It's rare we get this kind of donation."

Adds Reedy, "Elin could have had a garage sale and made a lot of money. But she wanted everything to go to charity."

Aw, that's great!

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quote:
The 17,000-ft., six-bedroom home in a gated community in North Palm Beach, Fla., was built in the 1920s, Dan Reedy of Onshore Construction and Development, tells PEOPLE. "It wasn't built to the South Florida wind-loading codes of today that were put in place because of hurricanes. We had an architect and a structural engineer out here and everyone agreed that it made more sense – structurally and economically – to tear it down and start over."

But it wasn't a total loss. Nordegren gave Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Fla., four weeks to methodically go through the structure and salvage tens of thousands of dollars worth of cabinets, hardware and fixtures. That's when termite and carpenter-ant infestations were discovered, says Habitat's director of deconstruction, Bobbi Blodgett.

"When we pulled out the windows, the bugs were everywhere," says Blodgett. "To rebuild that house would have been ridiculous. We're so grateful to Elin. It's rare we get this kind of donation."

Adds Reedy, "Elin could have had a garage sale and made a lot of money. But she wanted everything to go to charity."

Aw, that's great!

Yes, and now certain folks are going to revisit the this thread and take back all the shit-talking they did earlier.

Right?

:tongue:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How long can you hold your breath for, waiting for that to happen, ST?

I wager it wouldn't be long enough.

Is this your way of saying you're going to tie me up and make me hold my breath while you do something horribly pleasurable to my cock?

Or, B)............

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
or I can put several lines of duct tape over your mouth and nostrils to settle the myth that you can breathe through your ears once and for all!:wink::biggrin1:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think she did it just to tell him his money isn't shit to her and that was her way of saying "let it burn."

Heh, when I saw it, my first thought was, "Was she driving the bulldozer?"

^^^^This might be closer to the truth.

If it was me I'd be tempted to douse it in petrol and sit out on the curb with a nice glass of scotch and watch the fucker burn.
Mental note. Don't piss these three off.:eek:

yeah, its light switches werent ipad compatible. did you expect her to live like a fucking animal?!

this too: Elin Nordegren Demolishes $12-Million Home : People.com
You just had to ruin it didn't you? Fucking internet and the information highway. :mad:

Good to hear that side of the story though. :smile:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...That's when termite and carpenter-ant infestations were discovered...
That's probably nothing compared to the bug-infestations she discovered in Tiger's pubes after his skank-a-rama adventures.....

gballs

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have first hand experience in what it takes to build in Palm Beach and within the context of that town, a teardown like this can easily make sense. Palm Beach is in the most stringent of regions when it comes to construction to withstand hurricanes. Upgrading a house to current standards (which is a requirement of most renovations) can be very, very costly, time consuming, and restrictive. On top of this, the building inspection process in Palm Beach is insane. Inspectors visit construction sites more than anywhere else on the planet and look at every detail with the utmost of scrutiny. Renovation proejcts are more convoluted and conditions are not as predictable as with new, clean cut construction. This can add months and months to a project. Bug infestation can also be a bitch to deal with. Palm Beach is a fucked up town for all sorts of reasons but when you situate Elin's decision within this context, I can see why starting from scratch makes sense.