I grew 1.5 inches in height!!

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_New End, May 7, 2008.

1. B_New End

B_New End New Member

my last official measurement was when I was 20. 5' 8 3/8"" I am 31 now.

I measured myself this morning, in the mirror to be sure the device wasn't angled. Three measurements, 5' 10", 5' 9 3/4" and 5' 9 7/8".

I guess it is because I changed my posture when running, and because I sleep almost 11 hours a day on avg.

The posture and running has made my back muscles stronger, and able to support the wider gaps in my spine, since gravity depresses the spine over the course of the day. The large amounts of sleep have allowed my spine bones to grow in height.

That is my hypothesis anyways. I am curious to see what my height is tonight, after gravity.

2. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're taller when you wake up than after being awake and active for a day. About a year ago there was some study that said that.

Measure yourself right before you go to bed and get back to us about how much you shrink :)

3. Principessa

Gold Member

OMG!!! :eek: How the heck do you manage to get 11 hours of sleep a day?!? :confused: I'm a bit jealous. Do you work from home? It's obvious you don't have kids; because nobody with kids sleeps that much. :tongue:

4. B_New End

B_New End New Member

I go to school, and no kids.

Its cold here still... so bed is warm, and I sleep. I slept for over 18 hours yesterday, but pulled an all nighter, and was up for 34 hours straight the day before.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Ahh yes, cool room + warm bed = great sleeping weather. You are lucky dude enjoy it while you can. It's already getting into the 80's here in Georgia during the day. Our night are still quite cold but I doubt we will have more than another couple of weeks for that.

Back to your original topic of height. I think it's more likely you grew 1.5 inches between the ages of 20 and 31 than overnight. If you need a doctor during that time period no one ever measures you, they just weigh you and ask you how tall you are. You of course give your last known height. :cool:

At 20 I was 5'7.5" but I usually said I was 5'8" cause it was easier.:rolleyes: Imagine my shock years later when a woman in my office insisted I was much taller than that; and pulled out one of those Stanley 20' tape measures. I took off my 3" heels stood straight against the wall and damned if I wasn't 5'9" tall. No wonder I always feel more comfortable with a man who is at least 6'. :tongue:

6. B_New End

B_New End New Member

yeah, its weird walking around school, I feel taller than most people, and last night it hit me I hadn't measured my height in 3 or 4 years. Last time, it was about 5 9.5. I really think changing my posture while running has contributed significantly, and running in general, since running is the best way to exercise your back muscles.

7. B_New End

B_New End New Member

last time I measured, I was under 5' 9"... which was about 3 years ago.

I lost 3/4 of an inch over the course of the day. morning height 5' 9 3/4"
    night height 5' 9"

Draft saved Draft deleted