I guess I'm next to go

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I've been a member of this site for several years. I haven't had an official warning... until today.

I'm not the nicest guy in town, but I try to be respectful. I welcome you to look at my post history for the past few weeks if you want evidence of my typical behaviour in the forums: I try to welcome newbies; I am opinionated, but I am perfectly willing to listen other people's opinions; I rarely name-call; I have successfully avoided a political fight for a whole year (it wasn't easy!); I exchange silly banter with my friends; my humour is crass, but still tempered with some sanity and certainly not cruel.

To get to the crux: I'm sick of this horseshit. All of the members must dance around the huge elephant in the room. There is a certain member here who most of the veterans, and otherwise intelligent members, believe is a phony. We've put up with years of excuses and cruel deceptions (which I cannot disclose). We all know that there are plenty of phonies on this site, but this person is particularly prolific. This person welcomes disputes; regularly conducts immature and nasty fights with fellow members; continually makes expository claims about other members without backing them up; has gotten legitimate members banned. On a personal level, it particularly irked me when he'd make defamatory posts about members after he had gotten them banned. He is, in my opinion, this site's worst trouble-maker.

Nobody is picking on this person, nor is he a victim. The sceptical posts about him aren't some playground fight where everyone jumps on the bandwagon. This is a legitimate concern that many long-time, mature, intelligent members have regarding this person. This problem has existed for years on this site, and nothing has been done about it. There have been many posts over the years which have questioned his authenticity or expressed concern over his irrational behaviour.

Members can't complain --or even joke-- about this person's authenticity without getting a complaint. I now have an official warning because of a harmless one-liner joke that I made weeks ago. I can't express how irate I am that the only official warning I've ever gotten was from somebody who I believe is a total fraud. If I was being an asshole, then fine; I'd bend over and take my punishment. Being subjugated to this non-contributing individual, however, is just plain insulting.

Last year, I wrote about the trail of victims that this person has left in their wake, and I wonder how many more people will get warnings, or even banning, from daring to question this person's authenticity.

Although this individual has often asked for others to get banned, and has even questioned the authenticity of some other members, I'm not asking that this person get banned. I'm asking that we regular users be allowed to speak freely and without censorship about this person's seemingly obvious fakery. I ask that the many official complaints from this individual be taken for what they are and with a grain of salt. I ask that you not pull this thread. Who is the real disruption of this site? The passive sceptics, or the person who launches a complaint each month? He's been banned in the past for his disruptive behavior, yet he he was allowed to return. I can clearly recall the many people were relieved to have that ten-day break. Rob, Pecker, Mindseye, and all of the senior and junior moderators are all very intelligent people; I find it difficult to believe that they don't share these concerns.

I'm not trying to start a grassroots revolution here. I'm simply asking for some fairness and some respite for those who are tired of walking on eggshells.

I'm sure that this post will get me a complaint from you-know-who. One of my concerns is that people who post anything negative about this individual tend to get banned. So if anyone wants my email address, just ask--I might not be here much longer. Even if I don't get banned, I don't know if I an stay at this site that defends fraudulence.

It's been 'real',
Hasta la Pasta.

D

deleted3782

Sigh.

1729 posts
Member for three years
Dozens of friends
Humor, wit and a sense of dedication to the site
Broad base of interests
A pic gallery

Maybe, after all, that is not what this site is all about?

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not worth letting someone get under your skin to the point where you feel you have to leave.On most messageboards you need to have the ability to do this... :rolleyes: and move on.
It's up to you to decide if this person is really worth spending your time on.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't know who you're talking about rec, but if it's who I think it is and it's any consolation, he dislikes me too, and for the same reasons. I don't know you well but you've always seemed like a stand up guy to me and I think you're getting a raw deal. On the other hand, a warning is just that. I know it pisses you off but it doesn't mean you have to go anywhere. It seems unfair, but wait your turn. He's been banned which means he's stepped over the line; you haven't. Bide your time. Good things come to those who wait.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm... is this about Monster? :confused:

Rec is cool as hell and it will suck if he leaves. :frown1:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rec I personally believe that sometimes you just have to accept there are people you will not get along with. Monster is not a popular person and you may be pissed you got warned but just avoid him. Starting threads and baiting people isn't ever a wise move.

D

deleted3782

It's very odd to me that there is such disruption over/by/from "one-who-cannot-be-named". It's almost like ownership of the site...by proxy.

The members here are not a renewable resource. Those who have the time and interest to contribute to the site on a regular basis are finite. I used to think that when personalities left the site, their shoes would be filled by others. I no longer believe that. Its bad enough that a situation exists in which one person can cause so much friction (I've been here longer than "one-who cannot-be-named" and I have caused no one to be banned), but it's doubly bad when those who contribute much to the site (not just talking about rec...but others) are censored or disallowed access. As that happens, the site suffers and members suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
so sorry to hear of your delimma...i find that internet forums can be clicky/bitchy type of places...when i joined here 6 months ago i noticed a group regulars that were lets say close..i accepted this as a new guy not knowing the ropes...my point is, the more you inter-twine with any site the more risk of knowing folks business and then the jealous, bitchy nature of people who have nothing better to do but run others lives starts to show up...maybe getting too close is not a good thing...human nature can and does ruin relationships real or unreal...internet or personal...MYOB can be best advice in life...and isn't it a shame

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not worth letting someone get under your skin to the point where you feel you have to leave.On most messageboards you need to have the ability to do this... :rolleyes: and move on.
It's up to you to decide if this person is really worth spending your time on.
I agree, and he isn't.
However, the level of protection this imaginary creature receives is ridiculous.
He often steps over the line, so I can only hope warnings for his behavior are inline with what I've been told three others received. That's only fair. :smile:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Welcome to the infraction club. I understand where you're coming from, it's starting to turn me off of the site as well. Whatever you choose, as long as you're happy with it, it really doesn't matter. Sux to see you go though, I may be joining you on the outside as well soon