I guess I'm next to go

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wasn't uncalled for. Monster was - as usual - presenting lies as truth. Pretending to know something about something when he knows nothing about anything.

Gillette was just making sure there were no doubts as to how wrong Monster was when he said "if its not me it must have been him."

Would you praise someone for telling blatant lies and spreading misinformation or would you correct them on it?

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It wasn't uncalled for. Monster was - as usual - presenting lies as truth. Pretending to know something about something when he knows nothing about anything.

Gillette was just making sure there were no doubts as to how wrong Monster was when he said "if its not me it must have been him."

Would you praise someone for telling blatant lies and spreading misinformation or would you correct them on it?

Im not putting in to question her message. I did question the way it was worded. I dont think its helping the situation. There must be other ways of gettng your point across other than what was posted.

Its very clear here that many of you dont like monster. Yet this whole thread has taken on a witch hunt tone. And this I feel wasnt helping the situation.

Last edited:

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I usually keep my opinions to myself when it comes to this topic, but I would hate to see you, Rec leave over this. I understand your feelings that certain members are being protected, but your leaving won't stop it. This board is so much more than that one member and you are a great part of what it is today. That member has shown his true colors many times and its actually funny in my opinion. I would suggest you take a breather and come back to your witty and charming posts!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank You. Yes I am. But I still say you went over the line here. Its sad to see the gang mentality at work on this thread. Instead of trying to calm the situation. You tell someone they are talking out of their ass. And to put a cork in it.

Is this your idea of moderating?

Jason, What Monster is saying simply isn't true. Rec did not report or complain to us in any way. When I corrected Monster the first time I did so simply and politely. His response is to suggest that he knows more about the situation than a moderator does. I sincerely doubt that he's Rob_E so this is more crap on Monster's part and my response was less polite.

To answer your question, yes, correcting untruths is part of my idea of what moderating is.

Comments designed to imply that he has an "in" with the moderator team to instill fear of retribution could be construed as inflamatory to the rest of the board, could they not? It's in his own interest to cease.

Merely speculating, of course.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well pardon me for noticing but wasnt this whole public fuss caused by someone making false assumptions & then making a big drama out of it? All these attacks on Monster stem from the idea that Monster reported Rec3000. He didnt! Monster himself has been warned too & he thinks Rec3000 reported the incident. He didnt!

So they are both in the same boat.

Except one has chosen to drag the incident into the public domain. His prerogative, but if his intention was to bring another members downfall then that is just out of order. Jason Els is yet again fueling the notion that Monster has pet mods who protect him & carry out slayings at his command. I think this is bullshit & one of the biggest myths around here. But it suits some to believe that, so they will.

Maybe it would help the situation if it was made clear whether one of the two involved actually reported it. Monster usually says in posts when he has just reported someone. I know its not the way things are done but sometimes a little info can prevent a whole wave of misinformed posts.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Ahhh...Gillete's comment in my opinion wasn't outrageous-she is entitled to speak her mind. It only would have been uncalled for if she said put a cork up your fucking ass (haha)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
More misinformation. Rec never said monster reported him.

He said he was warned over a comment. It seems clear that it is the comment that has been quoted several times in this thread, but even rec himself did not post that.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I usually keep my opinions to myself when it comes to this topic, but I would hate to see you, Rec leave over this. I understand your feelings that certain members are being protected, but your leaving won't stop it. This board is so much more than that one member and you are a great part of what it is today. That member has shown his true colors many times and its actually funny in my opinion. I would suggest you take a breather and come back to your witty and charming posts!

I totally agree. Rec, you must consider the possibility that this one person might be actually be looking for your depart, knowing that you wouldn't be interested in causing a revolution, like Ex said.

Think it twice, please. Many members are here waiting for you and we will always appreciate you and your sense of humour.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jason, What Monster is saying simply isn't true. Rec did not report or complain to us in any way. When I corrected Monster the first time I did so simply and politely. His response is to suggest that he knows more about the situation than a moderator does. I sincerely doubt that he's Rob_E so this is more crap on Monster's part and my response was less polite.

To answer your question, yes, correcting untruths is part of my idea of what moderating is.

Comments designed to imply that he has an "in" with the moderator team to instill fear of retribution could be construed as inflamatory to the rest of the board, could they not? It's in his own interest to cease.

Merely speculating, of course.

I understand this Gillette. Yet see when I read what he posted I didnt see it as him having inside information. But I am seeing a pack mentality at work here. Members that dont like him are ganging up and fanning the flames here.

I simply think there may have been a better way of getting your point across.

Jason Els is yet again fueling the notion that Monster has pet mods who protect him & carry out slayings at his command. I think this is bullshit & one of the biggest myths around here. But it suits some to believe that, so they will.

Just how am I doing that? I never said such a thing. If you have misread or taken some unintended meaning from something I've written then please point it out to me and everyone else.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I simply think there may have been a better way of getting your point across.

Like my first post on the matter that didn't make an impression on him?

I assure you that 'put a cork in it' is pretty mild by my standards. See Simcha's signature for reference.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Rico. You should ask that same question to others on this thread as well.
One step at a time my dear, one step at a time...:biggrin1:

Now to the rest of you...can we move forward and not attack each other. If the attacks continue, someone will have to close the thread and Pecker doesn't like to be bothered while he is getting his beauty rest. I pity the poor soul who has to wake him up!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just how am I doing that? I never said such a thing. If you have misread or taken some unintended meaning from something I've written then please point it out to me and everyone else.

I didnt accuse you of saying those exact words I merely said you were "fuelling the notion". Your opening remark was along the lines of the mods defending Monster. This is where a lot of animosity towards Monster stems from. Indeed, its where a lot of resentment towards the mods stems from.

Maybe I shouldnt have mentioned your name specifically but Id just read your post & your opening line stuck with me. It just seems to be generally accepted round here that the mods constantly defend him.

The whole reason rec3000 received the warning was because the mods were defending Monster. The mods get a shitstorm for doing so and then the person they're defending goes after them as well?