ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was reading my local paper and I came across an article about Sun Bathers in central park NYC

I use to work on MAdison Avenue, so sunbathers on a nice day is nothing new. They generally occupy mid meadow and are spread out. I saw pictures of Sunbathing June 2020; and I was became angry enough to strangle most of the people in the photos

Idiots, who were ignoring social distancing, number of people in an area, not wearing masks. Generally just being selfish A- Holes. Why ? because it that is what Selfish A-Holes do . I had to go 2 months without a hair cut; and deal / do my part with C - Virus management, so the city can hopefully restart in a few more days. Idiots like these only care about themselves , only live for the now

Yes this is a legitimate News paper, the 3rd largest in the city

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/central-park-sunbathers-defy-coronavirus-seen-butt-naked/

sheepmeadows.jpg
sheepmeadows5.jpg
sheepmeadows4.jpg

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didn't realize that many people wore speedos or brief swim suits would never have guessed lol I also read an article that said there's like a 0.01 percent chance or getting the virus being outside that being said I don't know if that is talking about social distancing or what but I don't wear a mask outside and I work outside everyday I also I have gone into several stores that haven't forced me to wear a mask which I prefer also I live ten mins from Iowa which really dosent enforce anything like Illinois does so even if I needed to get something and didn't wanna wear a mask I could just hop across the bridge kinda crazy

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
New covid cases are surging or spiking everywhere guidelines have been relaxed.

It's no longer a pandemic species. It's endemic like the common cold. Until a vaccine is developed we will have to maintain strict guidelines to avoid overwhelming hospitals AND TO SAVE LIVES.

As many as 50% of those infected never show symptoms but may shed/spread the virus.

Nothing has changed. Settle in for the long haul.

D

deleted972421

I was reading my local paper and I came across an article about Sun Bathers in central park NYC

I use to work on MAdison Avenue, so sunbathers on a nice day is nothing new. They generally occupy mid meadow and are spread out. I saw pictures of Sunbathing June 2020; and I was became angry enough to strangle most of the people in the photos

Idiots, who were ignoring social distancing, number of people in an area, not wearing masks. Generally just being selfish A- Holes. Why ? because it that is what Selfish A-Holes do . I had to go 2 months without a hair cut; and deal / do my part with C - Virus management, so the city can hopefully restart in a few more days. Idiots like these only care about themselves , only live for the now

Yes this is a legitimate News paper, the 3rd largest in the city

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/central-park-sunbathers-defy-coronavirus-seen-butt-naked/

sheepmeadows.jpg
sheepmeadows5.jpg
sheepmeadows4.jpg
Well, a somewhat legitimate newspaper. But your point is well taken re: selfish behavior.

Reactions: Gj816 and ronin001
D

deleted972421

I didn't realize that many people wore speedos or brief swim suits would never have guessed lol I also read an article that said there's like a 0.01 percent chance or getting the virus being outside that being said I don't know if that is talking about social distancing or what but I don't wear a mask outside and I work outside everyday I also I have gone into several stores that haven't forced me to wear a mask which I prefer also I live ten mins from Iowa which really dosent enforce anything like Illinois does so even if I needed to get something and didn't wanna wear a mask I could just hop across the bridge kinda crazy
Simple solution to this pandemic. Wear a mask. It's that easy.

D

deleted972421

Why would I wear a mask outside ? When there's almost a 0% chance of getting it outside in fresh air?
It depends. If you are outdoors by yourself then it's okay to not wear it, but if you are in a place where you will be interacting with others, then you should definitely be wearing a mask. Also, by wearing a mask, you are sending a signal/reminder to others that it's an important thing to do, and the more people who wear a mask, the less "stigma" there is to wearing one.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why would I wear a mask outside ? When there's almost a 0% chance of getting it outside in fresh air?

The mask is as much for your safety, as for others . One good sneeze ; and a shift of wind and you know :(

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It depends. If you are outdoors by yourself then it's okay to not wear it, but if you are in a place where you will be interacting with others, then you should definitely be wearing a mask. Also, by wearing a mask, you are sending a signal/reminder to others that it's an important thing to do, and the more people who wear a mask, the less "stigma" there is to wearing one.

Agree.
To reopen my business, I’ve had to take classes in infection management.
The generally safe option is Six Feet Apart or a Mask.

So, when I hike, my mask is on but pulled off my face. If I hear or see someone approaching, I pull it into place.
What’s shown in those photos is stupidity.

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's unfortunate.
Not really, first they say don't wear masks it won't help than flip flop and try making it mandatory well they've been wrong so much I'm sick of it

D

deleted972421

Actually, they first said "don't wear masks" because there was such a shortage of N95 masks (poor planning on the part of the Federal Gov't) they wanted to save them for those on the front lines who were being bombarded with the virus every moment of their working day. Soon thereafter it became clear that masks should be worn by everyone.

You have restrictions put on your life all the time.... speed limits, DUI limits, helmet laws for motorcyclists, etc. They benefit not only oneself, but also the general public. And that's the whole point. Wearing a mask greatly reduces the chance of the wearer spewing out droplets that could infect others. Keep in mind, asymptomatic people can be spreading the virus even if they feel perfectly fine.

D

deleted972421

Referring to the photos at the top of this thread. They are all outside, and I guarantee the risk of someone in that photo becoming infected there is far greater than "almost a 0% chance."

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go to the beach and I go to my community pool, but only on week days when shit isn't crowded. It's easy enough to find a spaced out spot on the beach, and hardly anyone is in the pool area when I go. That being said, those people in the pics are being irresponsible. Have you seen that graphic of the US vs. Europe's curve of the virus? It's crazy.

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, they first said "don't wear masks" because there was such a shortage of N95 masks (poor planning on the part of the Federal Gov't) they wanted to save them for those on the front lines who were being bombarded with the virus every moment of their working day. Soon thereafter it became clear that masks should be worn by everyone.

You have restrictions put on your life all the time.... speed limits, DUI limits, helmet laws for motorcyclists, etc. They benefit not only oneself, but also the general public. And that's the whole point. Wearing a mask greatly reduces the chance of the wearer spewing out droplets that could infect others. Keep in mind, asymptomatic people can be spreading the virus even if they feel perfectly fine.
First fauci said that face masks weren't going to work because they might catch a very minimal amount or drops not that I like him at all but than a week later says that they are needed by everyone the who said that healthy people are not needed to wear masks but people who are weak or don't feel well and .ight cough or sneeze which I agree with there's two sides to it many of the stores I've been going to haven't required if you want to wear one than do it if you don't want to than don't if you don't feel well and are coughing and sneezing than stay home IMO

Reactions: Gj816

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Not really, first they say don't wear masks it won't help than flip flop and try making it mandatory well they've been wrong so much I'm sick of it

g-d forbid we be learning as this happens.Since it’s a completely new (ergo novel) coronavirus.

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
g-d forbid we be learning as this happens.Since it’s a completely new (ergo novel) coronavirus.
Are you fucking kidding me? Read what I posted and than do some fact checking maybe that would make sense wouldn't it? So most preventive measures, don't pick your nose suck your thumb and wash your hands ?( Don't touch your mouth,nose or eyes) Yea I'm not 3 years old and I always practice cleanliness and good hygiene you can't fear monger every other day or week and change guidelines it's ridiculous

Last edited:
Reactions: Gj816