ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do not know t how the previous poster spent the kick off of the virus in the US; or how he dealt with daily life of the virus. New York was the first major outbreak and the first reported instances of death. I modestly say , that I work on he fringes of Health Care, so I was arms deep into the situation, starting day one. I went through the daily briefings / numbers of admitted, numbers of deaths , number of discharges I saw Emergency rooms triple packed, with so little room, that staff could now walk to do their duties.. I spent many 30 plus hour time periods without sleep, trying to do my part and help out.

Long Story short the numbers that climbed every day, then flattened but still stayed in the hundreds dead every day, started to decline.

Our Governor, asked everyone to stay smart , keep yourself safe and keep others safe,; and it worked and is still working. New York, reopened this week, with a set of rules but we reopened. Yet across the country i see states with numbers that are increasing daily, learn from the hell that we went through.

Trust me when you have seen bodied loaded into refrigerated trailer because the morgues are full; and then more trailers are bought in as the body count kept going up, if you had seen this and lived this A F #$KING mask is not too much to ask for

Stay safe everyone , be smart

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yea ok.. New York's governor is about as big of a joke as Illinois in the state I reside in he may be even worse forcing covid patience to go back into nursing homes and causing way more deaths your states had the worse outbreak in the country because of highly dense populated cities and a terrible governor and also mayor

D

deleted972421

I think we can count on Darwin being right.

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The death rate of someone in their 20's is .007% just because someone tests positive dosent mean they're sick I'm not saying that it's not spreadable but more testing will find more people that have it or had it so facts over fear mongering

Reactions: Gj816

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
The death rate of someone in their 20's is .007% just because someone tests positive dosent mean they're sick I'm not saying that it's not spreadable but more testing will find more people that have it or had it so facts over fear mongering

Oh, so since 90 is your birth year, you just don’t care? Think you are immune?

US coronavirus: Young people in the South and West are increasingly getting coronavirus - CNN

Coronavirus and COVID-19: Younger Adults Are at Risk, Too

Younger Adults Are Increasingly Testing Positive For The Coronavirus

I spent a decade reporting. I covered a few epidemics, both human and animal. I had comments from Dr. Fauci in a couple articles.
I researched his epidemiology work when gay men were getting sick with a rare virus we didn’t understand. One that killed, but slowly enough to still spread widely in a community.
(Sound familiar?) Fauci’s work from the 80s made him a very reputable source.
He was heavily involved in keeping ebola contained when it came to the US.

Public policy in rapidly changing situations lags. Bureaucracy is cumbersome by nature. And it doesn’t pivot well. Neither do humans.

Now that mask supplies are steady, and cloth is available for general public use (and has been. Bandanas work well, Buffs work well), we can have mask use without putting front line first responders and healthcare workers at risk.

I know being selfish is programmed genetically for survival. Had that been our default, we’d have hoarded more than toilet paper.
Now the ego of the average person is in play, and it’s dangerous.

Assume the people who have been studying viruses, epidemics, pandemics and spread models since I was born know what they are doing. Trust the education they have, the experience they acquired, and the successes they created.

Care about someone other than yourself.
Wear a mask, observe the six (to eight...in restaurants locally) foot rule.
If you can’t do one, do the other. Be prepared for both.

Be a decent human.

Reactions: MisterB

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Are you fucking kidding me? Read what I posted and than do some fact checking maybe that would make sense wouldn't it? So most preventive measures, don't pick your nose suck your thumb and wash your hands ?( Don't touch your mouth,nose or eyes) Yea I'm not 3 years old and I always practice cleanliness and good hygiene you can't fear monger every other day or week and change guidelines it's ridiculous

guidelines change as we learn things.

D

deleted972421

US coronavirus: Young people in the South and West are increasingly getting coronavirus - CNN

I spent a decade reporting. I covered a few epidemics, both human and animal. I had comments from Dr. Fauci in a couple articles.
I researched his epidemiology work when gay men were getting sick with a rare virus we didn’t understand. One that killed, but slowly enough to still spread widely in a community.

Public policy in rapidly changing situations lags. Bureaucracy is cumbersome by nature. And it doesn’t pivot well. Neither do humans.

Now that mask supplies are steady, and cloth is available for general public use (and has been. Bandanas work well, Buffs work well), we can have mask use without putting front line first responders and healthcare workers at risk.

I know being selfish is programmed genetically for survival. Had that been our default, we’d have hoarded more than toilet paper.

Assume the people who have been studying viruses, epidemics, pandemics and spread models since I was born know what they are doing. Trust the education they have, the experience they acquired, and the successes they created.

Be a decent human.
Hell Yes!

neutrno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does that have to do with public gathering in covid times?
It has to do with the name of this thread, putting sunbathing and health in the same sentence. My post is a reminder that there's more than covid to worry about, when you sunbathe.

Thank you for asking.

Reactions: dreamer20

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

So you are not counting all the young people who were in the ICU, Yes many recovered; but try to imagine being on a vent. for the more serious patients .COVID , exploits existing conditions and illneses. How many people are sick every day, how many are recovering from something, how many have a respiratory ; or Cardio problem already

This was not supposed to be one of our many lets tell a joke threads. Do what even you want . By you , I do not mean everyone, just this poster

Sadly I am done

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Be a decent human.
What in the fuck are you actually talking me not caring about people or being a decent human being and don't you ever dare talk down to me when did I ever imply that I didn't care about people ???? I said that there is a very small chance to get the virus outdoors it's worse to stay indoors and breath recycled air why don't you read and if wearing mask is so vital why are people testing positive in other areas of the country in high numbers? There other countries that don't have mask policies and have had no spike and are falling. If you disagree with me fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion don't ever question what kind of a person I am ever that's pathetic of you

D

deleted848353

I think some people have been stupid not listening to the guidelines set out to keep us safe. Hell I've only been able to go outside the last 2 weeks as I'm now not classed as high risk just vulnerable but as long as I wear my mask to go to the store, pharmacy, doctors and on public transport as well as anywhere that can aggravate my asthma symptoms I will do even if that includes sunbathing then I will

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
What in the fuck are you actually talking me not caring about people or being a decent human being and don't you ever dare talk down to me when did I ever imply that I didn't care about people ???? I said that there is a very small chance to get the virus outdoors it's worse to stay indoors and breath recycled air why don't you read and if wearing mask is so vital why are people testing positive in other areas of the country in high numbers? There other countries that don't have mask policies and have had no spike and are falling. If you disagree with me fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion don't ever question what kind of a person I am ever that's pathetic of you

it is you who needs to read.
Your age group is quickly rising in cases, because of the attitude you laid out in your post.

It is true, for now, as far as we know, that akin to HIV, this coronavirus is not in and of itself the disease. But both can spread.
Other countries don’t have the FluKluxKlan or (mostly) leaders who downplay the seriousness. They have social awareness or totalitarian systems that allow an actual quarantine. And actual quarantines work.
Protesting for haircuts only works for the virus. As we saw.

As for your overreaction to my standard comments on non mask wearers,
Here are your comments:

And

Nah I never wear mine especially when I'm outside

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic from the NEJM New England journal of medicine direct quote

Topher90

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it is you who needs to read.
Your age group is quickly rising in cases, because of the attitude you laid out in your post.

It is true, for now, as far as we know, that akin to HIV, this coronavirus is not in and of itself the disease. But both can spread.
Other countries don’t have the FluKluxKlan or (mostly) leaders who downplay the seriousness. They have social awareness or totalitarian systems that allow an actual quarantine. And actual quarantines work.
Protesting for haircuts only works for the virus. As we saw.

As for your overreaction to my standard comments on non mask wearers,
Here are your comments:

And

Nah I never wear mine especially when I'm outside
It's typical of someone like yourself who doesn't agree with my opinion or narrative so than goes to attack me as a person witch is typical and pathetic you know nothing about me and totally turned what I originally posted into something else the fact that you had to say all that nonsense about your previous jobs were reporting on pandemics is all I need to know about you,you had to say that to make you relevant just because you said that dosent mean anything to me at all. I will not be responding to this thread anymore and I'd suggest you do the same you got owned you attack me personally and change the narrative which is completely not relative to what I originally said nice try but continue being controlled and watch your CNN I bet you were a tremendous reporter hahahahaha

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was reading my local paper and I came across an article about Sun Bathers in central park NYC

I use to work on MAdison Avenue, so sunbathers on a nice day is nothing new. They generally occupy mid meadow and are spread out. I saw pictures of Sunbathing June 2020; and I was became angry enough to strangle most of the people in the photos

Idiots, who were ignoring social distancing, number of people in an area, not wearing masks. Generally just being selfish A- Holes. Why ? because it that is what Selfish A-Holes do . I had to go 2 months without a hair cut; and deal / do my part with C - Virus management, so the city can hopefully restart in a few more days. Idiots like these only care about themselves , only live for the now

Yes this is a legitimate News paper, the 3rd largest in the city

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/central-park-sunbathers-defy-coronavirus-seen-butt-naked/
coronavirus only applies to the morbid obese,the all ready dieing, and old people.. (at lest 1/2 the people in the photo)