I had my Etrex Vista CX GPS stolen

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had my Etrex Vista CX GPS stolen out of my truck and had to spend 200.00 for a new one :( Im buying a car Allarm for my truck now and take my gps out of my truck must of the time so it wont happen again!!!

they toke my XM radio and my pre paid cell phone too :( I had call XM up soo they can make the radio worthless and spent me a new

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never keep my GPS in sight. It, and my Sirius are usually hidden under a seat.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PAYING for radio?

PAYING for it?

I swear the younger generation just ain't got a clue...

You get what you pay for. Sirius has 2 Howard Stern Channels. 4 Comedy channels, OutQ (gay channel), commercial free music (sports, Politics, CNN, E!, major metro area weather & traffic, etc.... all for less than 3 cups of Starbucks coffee per month.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You get what you pay for. Sirius has 2 Howard Stern Channels. 4 Comedy channels, OutQ (gay channel), commercial free music (sports, Politics, CNN, E!, major metro area weather & traffic, etc.... all for less than 3 cups of Starbucks coffee per month.

TWO Howard Stern CHANNELS?
Be still my beating heart.... All idiocy , ALL the time... in stereo?

Look... here's the trick... they pulled the exact same crap with Television...

USED to be advertising payed for radio and TV. You got it for free in exchange for having to sit thru the commercials.

Then cable stations offered you this great deal where you could have COMMERICAL FREE TV if you PAID for it.

So folks bought in.

THEN they started inserting commercials- first just between shows... then pretty much all through the shows.... eventually, cable TV had MORE commercial time than free TV ever had.

And they said you had to pay EVEN MORE to get commercial free movies channels.

And then they started inserting commercials between the movies on the extra pay channels...

Do ya see where this is headed?

Remember when you could surf the internet without seeing ads?
Remember when you could pump gas without seeing ads?

You are being sold a bullshit service that they want YOU to pay the startup costs for, so that they can charge advertisers later.... and STILL charge you.

Used to be... to be middle class in this country, all you had to have was a HiFi, a second car for the wife, a color TV and a washer AND dryer.

Today you have to have FOUR COLOR TVs

...in your Car...

Think about all the extra charges you have to pay monthly just to USE the crap you are still paying monthly interest on for buying.

The internet, aside from the server farms at some key locations and the Email accounts managed by ISPs, is entirely composed of privately owned and privately paid for computers running software that you paid for, yourself.

It is an ENGINE of economic activity, offering unparalleled opportunity for businesses to not only advertise their products, but actually forms the direct point of sale without them having to maintain overhead or physical retail space.

And you are PAYING for access to this thing that is built from YOUR computers.... so that you can be advertised to, find and buy things for which you will pay.

The internet is comparable, in its effect on the economy, to the U.S. intertstate highway system. ( improved communication, public access to businesses, sped up the flow of goods and services and reduced the cost of distribution of goods and services)

The interstate system was paid for by your tax dollars....
And its a PHYSICAL construction... real mountains being really moved and actual concrete being poured...

And do they ask you to pay to use it?

NO.
Why?
Because it generates far more money than it cost.

Today... all over southern california they are building new "TOLL ROADS" where you will have to PAY to drive... the idea being that you will get somewhere faster and that you will be willing to pay for that convenience.

But its a fools game...
Because as traffic gets worse... more will pay, until traffic is just as bad on the toll roads... but by then you will be USED to paying for something you used to get for free... BECAUSE YOU ALREADY PAID TO BUILD THE THING.

You are being snookered.
IF younger folks were not so eager and willing to pay extra for shit that's already free, on the temporary promise that it will be marginally "better"... then companies would be forced to pay their OWN way in creating new ways to stuff advertising into your head.

HDTV is stooopid. ITs nothing but a way to stimulate electronics sales by forcing everyone to eventually buy a NEW, more expensive TV to replace one that worked just as well for less.

Its more vivid drivel... but its still the same drivel.

Just because companies slap the words NEW and IMPROVED on something does not mean it makes your life any better.

It often means that your life is about to get a little poorer, tho.

Last edited: