I hate eating alone

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I eat out a lot. Much easier to just eat out than to make something for one person. But I hate to eat out by myself.

I miss having someone to talk with over food.

Sklar

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally love eating alone. Let's me be with one self. But I also don't mind eating with others as well.

Depends.

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Where I used to work, there was a cafeteria on campus. Many of the same-departements colleagues would eat together. I would see the same groups of people everyday chit-chatting while eating. I could not do that! I am a slow eater to begin with and I hate my food to be cold! I rather eat alone! :biggrin1:

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I hate eating alone as well and most meals are like that for me. My partner and I work the same shifts but don't work together. He gets irritated when our days off match when I ask him what he wants to do for dinner.

abcpc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
When I eat outside alone, I take a good book to read. It's like I'm having a conversation with the author. And sometimes curious persons ask me what I'm reading! ;)

Last edited:

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes i too am a very slow eater i can eat fast but i prefer to take my time and I prefer to eat alone but I also do not mind eating with close friends that know i eat slow

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I eat outside alone, I take a good book to read. It's like I'm having a conversation with the author. And sometimes curious persons ask me what I'm reading! ;)

i never feel like people are looking at me when i'm eating alone. and i have had people ask me what i'm reading. also, i do find people will start conversations with me. and sometimes, if there is a child at a table close by, i find that the child will start a conversation with me. :)

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sometimes travel for business and eat alone quite frequently. I got used to eating alone as I prefer a restaurant over room service in most cases. Some restaurants offer a great menu at the bar and typically I will have polite conversation with the bartender or others eating alone; otherwise I take a book or notebook and enjoy my own company and a great meal.

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only thing that bothers me is eating salad alone.

Some of those leaves can be a pain in the ass. And thus feel like an idiot trying to gather em. Alone out in the open

"looks like he's struggling with the lettuce"

Sometimes it's good having a lunch wingman next to you. Feel more secure/comfortable.

abcpc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The only thing that bothers me is eating salad alone.

Some of those leaves can be a pain in the ass. And thus feel like an idiot trying to gather em. Alone out in the open

"looks like he's struggling with the lettuce"

Sometimes it's good having a lunch wingman next to you. Feel more secure/comfortable.

LOL!

MsImperfect

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Some days I wish I did eat alone - every day at work tho me and a co-worker find somehwere new to dine at or we eat in the food court downstairs from our offices. At home I have a teenager at my dinner table..

I wouldn't mind peace and quiet and reading a good book outside on a park bench..

D_Sharon Taint

Account Disabled
Media
Eating alone is good for stuffing food in ye and quick. No worries about what the person sitting across from you is thinking or seeing.

Audiobook + meal alone is A-OK for me!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I never liked eating in restaurants alone until, when I was 28, the company I was working for transferred me to NYC. Part of the agreement was that I would have three months' worth of lodging and a $50 per day food allowance, too.

At that time I never ate more than an occasional muffin for breakfast and would have a sandwich delivered for lunch, which I'd pay for out of pocket and save the $50 for a decent dinner after work. There were plenty of times I'd wind up eating with someone but the majority of these meals were eaten alone in contented silence except for engaging the server about my order.

At least when I was in my career and making decent money, any time I ate out with someone inevitably involved my picking up the tab. Though I rarely resented it as such, I usually figured how much better I could have eaten, and for less money, too, had I eaten alone.

D_Mr_Ciao

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I HATE eating alone, I'm a really good cook so I just moved to a student house and when i start cooking all my roommate come cuz they know they don't want to miss that ;)
I've got a jerk of boyfriend though and sometime when he is a dick I like eating alone reflecting on our relationship....