I hate feeling lonely!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by davidjh7, Oct 4, 2007.

1. davidjh7

Gold Member

OK--just a simple rant, that I want to get off my chest, because I have no place else to do so. I hate feeling alone, and lonely. I hate every bit of life evidence pointing to that remaining the case. It brings on a certain feeling of isolation and desperation, that lowers your good sense, and encourages you to do stupid things---and I am far too old to get away with doing stupid things....end of rant.

2. PussyWellington

Albums:
    it's time to take a lover!

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to find a partner at a mature age. Now would I know where to start. I've never actively tried to be in a relationship.

Maybe a room mate even a female one might help curb the lonelyness. Just someone to chat with.

4. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Wow, man! How could you be lonely with all those rain drops to keep you company. :biggrin: I love hearing the rain come down, hitting the roof, the pavement, and dripping off the trees. I visited there some years ago and everyone thought I was crazy because I liked to walk in the rain, smelling the greenery, the air and the entire freshness of it all. I wish we had some of that here in NYC! Of course there's the great coffee, too!

All kidding aside, if I were out there, I'd like to meet you and do some guy stuff together. Want to IM?

5. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Rant all you want, kick, scream and shout from the highest roof top. It shows you are alive and have passion, that things still matter to you. Never feel to old to do stupid things. Hold onto that part of you that keeps asking questions of life.
    Basically, we all go through moments like this in our life, it is how we respond and meet that challenge. There is such an incredible world out there with people and places and things to fascinate us, to anger us, to make us laugh and smile. Never loose sight of that.
    As long as you feel, that is important.
    End of my rant.....for now.

6. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unfortunately, I am discovering loneliness is not about other people but about oneself. We need to learn to love ourselves (and God if you wish) and then we will not be lonely. I have been terribly lonely in a relationship and couldn't understand why, now I know.

It is much harder to do something about this than to get a partner. A partner is not the answer, sorry. And when you feel better about yourself you will stop doing the stupid things you (we) do to find something we can only find in ourselves.

I can rant about it because I am going through it at the moment, so please dont think I am being harsh or insensitive, I need to follow my own advice. And remember you are not alone, I always forget there are friends and loved ones who are only too happy to be there. Good luck, I'm hoping that when I sort myself out I will attract other people, this may be a pipe dream, who knows.

7. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

this is pretty much echoing what fratpack said, but it is healthy to "release". my former therapist taught me this. :) stuffing your feelings is not a good idea. guys especially, too often, are taught to never cry and hide things when they feel bad. wrong.

i go back and forth on whether i like people around frequently. my co-workers and friends are fun, but like having that space to escape to alone. have not had an "other half" in 4 years. he was a pain in the ass control freak. fuck that noise.

i don't think age matters if you need more peeps to hang out with. but you have to make the moves. nobody is going to come knocking at the door out of the blue. doing stupid things is human nature. sometimes they are even fun.

good luck to you. you've always seemed like a cool guy from the posts i have seen.

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

have been there and know how you feel, man. condolences.

9. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's a terrible feeling and as others have already mentioned, you can feel lonely even in the midst of others.

For what it's worth, David, there are worse things than being alone. I've been there. Glad you got it off your chest. :smile:

10. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Oh i have been there so many times. I remember even going to the Movies myself. I think being Lonely is all part of being a normal person.

11. davidjh7

Gold Member

Thanks, everyone. I know these feelings are normal, and every body experiences them. I realize that you can be lonely in love, as the song goes--been there, done that, and not long ago. humans are social creatures, but we also have a hell of a time putting up with each other. It is the eternal dichotomy of the human condition. It is just being completely alone ( and I mean in day to day life, not the greater sense) makes so many feelings and activities that are entertaining, fun, fulfilling and give us reason to put up with the rest of the crap that life dishes out, pretty empty and UN-fulfilling, and therefore just not "worth" doing. THis is why I hate the feelings of loneliness, and what it brings---it minimizes the value of your own life, to yourself, and gives you the impression that you are valueless to others as well. I know everybody goes through it, and feels it. And I thank you for giving me a venue to vent it, because like I said, I don't have another right now.:dunno:

12. viking1

Gold Member

How well I know...

13. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

David. Keep coming on here. There is no need to be lonely.:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted