Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This thread hardly reads as supportive.

LikeaLOLO started the thread with a post which set out what he felt. As 101 subsequent posters have pointed out his post presented him in a very bad light, but at least he's been upfront about how he feels. We really don't have a great deal of information from his posts about the details of what is going on, so I'm reluctant to jump to conclusions.

The triangle set out is not all that unusual. The friend who has married is presumably not 100% straight. If he were 100% straight with no previous with LikeaLOLO then I think LikeaLOLO would be completely out of order - but from my reading of the posts that isn't the case. Quite where the friend is on the gay-straight continuum is unknown.

Lets imagine that the friend is gay or mostly gay. The thread isn't clear on this, but it does seem at least a possibility. Assuming his wife is not daft she is going to work this out. It leaves her in a truly ghastly position. She cannot satisfy her husband's gay inclinations. Her husband's friend is a real problem for her. He's not like another women as he is offering something that she cannot possibly offer. She can hardly be expected to like her husband's friend, but if she is a strong character and truly loves her husband she may be prepared to tolerate him, because her husband wants him around.

The friend is in a difficult position. Did he pretend to be 100% straight? Is the straight sex any good? What are they both looking for from the marriage? Kids? Straight middle class normality? How much has he told her about sexual activity with LikeaLOLO? Probably very little, but she can probably read between the lines. Probably not many men would tell the women in their life, but this is a form of dishonesty.

LikeaLOLO is in a very difficult position. Posters to this thread have more or less implied that he should emigrate and never see his friend again. Well that's one answer. Yet his friend probably wants his company, and his friends wife seems to have accepted this. However he is walking on eggshells. It is very hard to see how anything he does can truly be right.

If the friend is 100% straight or mostly straight then none of the above follows. But I don't actually think this is the case based on what we have been told. Indeed we have the story of "Brokeback Mountain" here. And I seem to recall the film makes us feel sympathy for both the guys (and perhaps a little for the wives too).

The wife seems now to have tried to find a way forward. LikeaLOLO needs to respect her for what she is doing, and show he respects her. But I still don't see this scenario having any happy ending. Come to think of it neither does "Brokeback Mountain".

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This thread hardly reads as supportive.

It is supportive by means of giving unbiased opinions. Something that is difficult to find with those intimately involved.

C'mom, Jason, let's be honest the issue at hand is that LikeaLOLO is presenting the problem as "the bitch wife coming between him and his BEST FRIEND."
Bullshit. Like you mention it is a classic love triangle. LikeaLOLO is not his "best friend" but his former lover or at the very least Fuck Buddy.

His chose an inflammatory title for his thread all while seeking sympathy where he merits none. As I stated before, the gender of the person who married his former lover is really not the issue. The issue is that he is hurt and bitter about being rejected. Most of us have been there and can relate. What is not helping his cause is his misdirected anger towards the wife. His anger should be towards his former lover. He is the one who really hurt him (and the wife may I add.)

We do not have all of the facts but I have a hard time believing that the wedding was a big surprise. If LikeaLOLO is truly a "friend." Shouldn't he have been the best man at the wedding if this was the case? What did he anticipate happening after his lover got married? Most adults (straight, gay, bi, whatever) have friends (lover and non-lover friends, platonic same sex, etc) that have gotten married and it pretty much universally accepted that you will not spend as much or the same type of time with your friends after they get married. Why were his expectations so unrealistic? because he is in love with this guy and not letting him go.

The "best friend"/lover is to blame as well. He is not man enough to take care of his business. I blame him ultimately. He is not doing right by wife. I bet that he was not forced into marrying like an arranged marriage or something. he married her, he should honor that vow he took by not allowing this destructive BS to continue.

LikeaLOLO is in a very difficult position. Only because he is being irrational. Posters to this thread have more or less implied that he should emigrate and never see his friend again. Well that's one answer. Yet his friend probably wants his company, and his friends wife seems to have accepted this. However he is walking on eggshells. It is very hard to see how anything he does can truly be right. A former lover whether they be straight or gay should be out of the picture once the marriage has taken place. Would you be as sympathetic if the "best friend" were a straight woman? Of course not!!! Would we all say, "Damn, that bitch for not liking the fact that her husband's former lover (um friend) still wants to spend time alone with him!!!" If the "best friend" were a straight woman??? Why does a gay man get cut so much slack???? A rival is a rival.

The wife seems now to have tried to find a way forward. LikeaLOLO needs to respect her for what she is doing, and show he respects her. But I still don't see this scenario having any happy ending. Come to think of it neither does "Brokeback Mountain".

Since the husband won't ball up the wife needs to have a nice little "STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND" chat with the former lover(s) whether they be gay men or straight women. LikaLOL should consider himself very lucky that she is not a pyscho bitch.

Well at least not yet. He may push her to that point.