I HATE gay pride !!!

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
just wanna use this platform to express my feelings ...

i hate gay pride!
i am from cologne in germany ... the most famous gay city (beside berlin) in germany ... and the gay community is celebrating cologne pride this weekend ... 1000s of gay people from all over the world in my city ...

and imho this event is a shame for my city ... i wish it would be over already!
i wish it would be the last pride festival in cologne ...

i am also gay, but this event is a shame for all "ordinary" gay guys ...

you guys don't have to comment my posting ... just accept that i wanna say what i said ...

if you'd like to tell me what you're thinking about gay pride, go ahead!

Reactions: malakos

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I'm not gay, but I think I get what you are saying. Just be who you are every single day of the year... No need to have a special day for "IN YOUR FACE" kind of events. Every day is a "proud" day... (my opinion.... for what it's worth....)

Reactions: eughanb

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, all of us - whatever our orientation should celebrate our humanity every day -

now, if we were all treated the same - there would be no need for Gay Pride or another other minority event to be mentioned. For example - here in USA, February is
Black History Month.

We are all GIFT to and for each other - let's try to be just that!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
ordinary gay guys.........

"IN YOUR FACE" kind of events.............

"but this event is a shame for all "ordinary" gay guys ..."

1. What is an "ordinary" gay guy?
2. exactly how are YOU being shamed?
3. Do you even know what Gay Pride is celebrating and why it is held about the same time each year?

This and this.

Why are you ashamed? If Pride events aren't your thing that's great don't attend, but what exactly is shameful about other people expressing their personal pride in who they are in a celebratory fashion?

Why does it bother you so much that other people want to spend a day or two enjoying themselves in a large public event which serves the purpose of indicating that contrary to a couple of thousand years of forced repression they chose not to live in secret and in hiding and are proud of who they are regardless of the opinion others may have of them?

I should probably point out that I haven't been to a pride march in years, I have the same kind of attitude towards them as I do large music festivals, I could go but I'll need to bring wellingtons, wet wipes, and a change of clothes, and until someone buys me that huge Bottega Veneta carryall I have my eye on it's all just too impractical.

But do I feel ashamed that other people are doing something I don't want to do? Hardly.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OP, I'm not sure what aspect of Gay Pride weekend that doesn't appeal to you.

I was caught up in Berlin during the Love Parade and thought it was a total misguided, meaningless, empty, and utterly sad conglomeration of lost youth. Sad, very sad. If the gay pride weekend in Cologne is anything like the Love Parade then I understand your aversion.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
3. Do you even know what Gay Pride is celebrating and why it is held about the same time each year?

i know the history of christopher street day ...

but in cologne (and probably in most other cities) the gay pride is just an opportunity to fuck as many guys as possible (ideally bareback!) ... here in cologne it's usual that gay people walk almost naked on the parade ...

CSD in germany (and probably in most other cities) is just a celebration of the own homosexuality, that's it!

it pretends to be a demonstration for same rights etc. ... but at the end it's a shame for "ordinary" gay guys! that means for those gays who don't feel any need to go on the street celebrating their own sexuality ...

if the CSD would be a real demonstration for same rights, i would definitely support it! but it's not ... it's a pseudo demonstration, an absolute joke!

i know that my words sound very harsh, but sorry ... that's what i am thinking!

HILAIRE, i'd like to answer your question ... on sunday there is a parade which will be broadcasted on TV ... what do you think is the reason why gay people are discriminated? even here in cologne, which is really very famous for being open-minded and stuff like that ...
people don't see the "ordinary" gay guys ... people don't see a demonstration for same rights ... people only remember the parade of queens, naked asses etc. ... and in their opinion i am one of them.
THAT'S why i hate it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i know the history of christopher street day ...

but in cologne (and probably in most other cities) the gay pride is just an opportunity to fuck as many guys as possible (ideally bareback!) ... here in cologne it's usual that gay people walk almost naked on the parade ...

CSD in germany (and probably in most other cities) is just a celebration of the own homosexuality, that's it!

it pretends to be a demonstration for same rights etc. ... but at the end it's a shame for "ordinary" gay guys! that means for those gays who don't feel any need to go on the street celebrating their own sexuality ...

if the CSD would be a real demonstration for same rights, i would definitely support it! but it's not ... it's a pseudo demonstration, an absolute joke!

i know that my words sound very harsh, but sorry ... that's what i am thinking!

HILAIRE, i'd like to answer your question ... on sunday there is a parade which will be broadcasted on TV ... what do you think is the reason why gay people are discriminated? even here in cologne, which is really very famous for being open-minded and stuff like that ...
people don't see the "ordinary" gay guys ... people don't see a demonstration for same rights ... people only remember the parade of queens, naked asses etc. ... and in their opinion i am one of them.
THAT'S why i hate it.
NEWSFLASH.....there is no such thing as an "Ordinary Gay Guy" There are just Gay people and they come in all flavors..........I like how you keep putting the term ordinary in what I call "scary quotes"

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
other than St. Patty's day?

no. cuz straight people get weddings. and spouse rights.
and dont' usually get beat to death for making out with their partners.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Toronto has one of the biggest Pride events in the world. It's been on going all week with the parade tomorrow. Ususally our mayor marches n the parade but the shithole mayer we have know won't do it. Over one million people are expected.

Happy Pride.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can straight people Have a straight pride parade?

i guess something like this doesn't exist !!!
straight people don't need to celebrate their sexuality on the streets ...
this is a gay problem!

btw, tonight is a minute's silence for all those who died of AIDS ...

and after this, the crowd probably flocks to the various bareback parties in the city ... this event is so ridiculous ...

-----
i know in some families, regions or religions it's hard to be gay ... but i am pretty sure the situation won't be better after showing your naked ass on a christopher street day's parade!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this is a gay problem!

and after this, the crowd probably flocks to the various bareback parties in the city ... this event is so ridiculous ...

-----
i know in some families, regions or religions it's hard to be gay ... but i am pretty sure the situation won't be better after showing your naked ass on a christopher street day's parade!
It's not a Gay problem, it's your problem.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ya are only seeing the nekkid bits .. none of the heart of pride. is kinda sad you see something so potentially wonderful as so damn ugly :frown:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see Gay Pride Parades as needed events to speak out, to remain silent feeds discrimination and hate.

I have no problem with half naked/naked people or some of the making out in full view, . I live by ….. mind-my-own-business and not my place to judge.

By the way I hear the same kind of arguments over Pagan Pride Parades

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
These parades are an anachronism, at BEST, at least in large U.S. cities (I can't comment on Europe or other places). They lack something that some people consider important: Good taste

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
this is a gay problem!

-----

Ah OK so in your view Gay men who attend Pride parades (I notice you focus on Gay men and ignore Lesbians, Transgendered and Gender Queer people for these purposes, though in my experience they tend to be as involved in Pride as Gay men do) are "abnormal" (to use your system of grammar) and are promiscuously spreading HIV.....

Am I missing something or does that sound like something some arsehole evangelical christian preacher might say....

To me it sounds more like you have hangups about nudity, and are probably envious that other people are getting laid (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with BTW) having a good time and celebrating the fact that they don't have to and never should have to again live in fear, secrecy and repression.

Last edited: