I HATE gay pride !!!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I totally understand the need for Gay Parades and GLBT events in the community, but some of the parades aren't promoting anything but sex.

Dancing in your skivvies on main street doesn't help the GLBT cause. Promoting "normalcy" of GLBT lives would help a whole bunch more.
By Normalcy, I mean our everyday lives, such as if we had to go to work. How would you dress, how would you live your life like any other person?

I think showing that gay folks are no better or less than the average Joe would go a lot further than shaking our bootie on main street. It just gives the conservative dorks more ammunition.

We just had our 1st annual Gay Pride - and although there was no parade, they had activities for the kids, local business contributions, and Drag queens.
The company I work for did not participate.

Why they chose to invite a large number of straight people and local business owners to participate with a drag show going on baffled my mind.
Couldn't they ease people into it??
Sorry, but seeing someone dressed in sexy nylons, and all out makeup like a $2.00 hooker lip singing to Diana Ross isn't where I would want my kids.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I totally understand the need for Gay Parades and GLBT events in the community, but some of the parades aren't promoting anything but sex.

Dancing in your skivvies on main street doesn't help the GLBT cause. Promoting "normalcy" of GLBT lives would help a whole bunch more.
By Normalcy, I mean our everyday lives, such as if we had to go to work. How would you dress, how would you live your life like any other person?

I think showing that gay folks are no better or less than the average Joe would go a lot further than shaking our bootie on main street. It just gives the conservative dorks more ammunition.

We just had our 1st annual Gay Pride - and although there was no parade, they had activities for the kids, local business contributions, and Drag queens.
The company I work for did not participate.

Why they chose to invite a large number of straight people and local business owners to participate with a drag show going on baffled my mind.
Couldn't they ease people into it??
You've given your definition of Normalcy. Why do all gay people have live by it in public? Who gets to decide what Normal is. I always thought that normal was a setting on my dryer, nothing else.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you guys don't have to comment my posting ... just accept that i wanna say what i said ...
if you'd like to tell me what you're thinking about gay pride, go ahead!

Ok' accept what you have stated but do feel sad re your attitude over it all
You are obviously not accepting 000s of people and what they are on about and into, thats sad
Sydneys Gay Parade is one of the very best in the World ( NZ tried similar but it fell thru)
MANY of us are more than happy to make it an enjoyable social event of the year, to attend and participate.
Geuss thats what people ( and i incl Strs also) all over europe go to 'your' city to do, and you rubbish it
SAD individual you are.
enz

get this into you ..

YouTube - ‪Boyzone - No Matter What‬‏

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I always thought that normal was a setting on my dryer, nothing else.

Mine has:
Waste Electricity
Better off on the Line
Hot and Humid
Incinerate

Your right, who are we to judge, but I really think if people used more professionalism, they would take the GLBT community more seriously, and more progress could be made.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I don't know guys, I'm not sure who I'd rather have represent me to the general public. Do I choose the well groomed gentleman explaining his lifestyle like a normal person or the fat pasty guy strolling down the Embarcardero in assless chaps with his weiner flapping in the wind? Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: malakos

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so instead of sitting at home complaining about it, why dont you do something. take your "good taste ordinary gay" self to the parade and show cologne there is more to the Gay Pride Parade than what you describe.
i'm sure that the parade is not all naked carousing, i'm sure that gay rights groups are represented.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and after this, the crowd probably flocks to the various bareback parties in the city ... this event is so ridiculous ..

probably is not definitive.....how would you know if you don't go out and be part of the Parade

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sure that the parade is not all naked carousing, i'm sure that gay rights groups are represented.
'

True, but remember that a NYC gay pride parade is very different than a mid-western conservative area gay pride event.

In NYC or other metro areas you can get away with that stuff because its more widely accepted. You have historic significance to your event and a rightful shout out against what happened there.

Here, well.... we have trees, furry forrest creatures, and a very small gay community. So acceptance and understanding is very important to make positive forward progression and to squash common mis-interpretations.

And I do participate in events within the Lambda Car club, and have my own chat forum to increase understanding that not all gay men wear fake nylons and nail polish.
It's fine for those who do - but the point is that it's not all of what the GLBT community is about.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
can you guys please stop telling me that i should join the parade or stuff like that?

I TOLD YOU THAT I DON'T LIKE THIS SHIT !!!

You can critizise me and my opinion ... I am used to it.
I know this always happens when gay people feel their ideal gay world being criticized. it's always something like "ooooh, somebody is criticizing my ideal, perfect world ... let's attack him" ...

instead of attacking, you better should think about my world ... as Rikter8 said "... but I really think if people used more professionalism, they would take the GLBT community more seriously, and more progress could be made." i totally agree. but those people whose homosexuality is the most important thing in their life will never understand that!

of course, those who love walking (half)naked around the city would never understand that this is not the way how to get same rights as heterosexuals ...

in this thread it is very very easy to find out who loves the gay pride ... because usually those people don't think about other people's words ... they just start their attacks when feeling their gay world is being criticized ...

ladsonbehr49

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I personally feel gay pride as lost its sense of value towards the gay community and they are including transgendered and bisexuals and god knows what they will add down the road.

I am a firm believer it is a parade for the Gay community hence that is why it is called gay pride....

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
can you guys please stop telling me that i should join the parade or stuff like that?

Well be careful as if you didn't have the parade at all, you would have a very difficult time communicating awareness.

If you don't like the Pride parade, don't go to it. Ignore it.
For those who want to participate, it's their event. Leave them be.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
As I said in another thread, there's something between being in the closet and being a drag queen. In this case, there's something between having no parades and having the parades be burning man lite with naked men riding dildo-tricycles past a playground. It is possible some of these events have swung too far in one direction for many people.

I suppose my interest in the topic stems from a close openly gay friend of mine saying he thought it was nice to see gay activism but that he wasn't sure the amount of nudity and flamboyance was actually going to help the gay cause and therefore he doesn't intend to go to any more of them. But this is the type of guy you want at your events, and if this behavior is chasing people like him off, it may be time to tone it down a bit.

Red_Rebel

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ugh i typed a long response to this thread but before clicking the Post button, i just realized that some people are just stubborn and close minded. this parade is beyond just cheap thrill, it actually means a lot to me, and its just sad that youd be ashamed of it and overlook its true purpose.

I understand that SOME of its portion pushes the boundaries a bit too far but there is no need to see this in black and white.

Last edited:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I understand where the Op is coming from. I'm not sure prancing down the street painted and prissy is the way to promote our well being - at least it's not mine. I don't dress in drag. I don't dance in the street in my skivvies, etc. I go to work, worry about finances, try to have a valid relationship etc. I think more than half of us are the same and feel somewhat embarrassed by the pride public display of debauchery.

Moreover, I think it's a PR game bringing bucks for the promoters and sponsors. It's become a commercialized event world-wide. I don't need a promoter or event to tell me to take pride in myself. I am - everyday. I'm out and I'm proud. Prancing through the streets in a t-shirt that's one size too small is degrading and promotes a demeaning lifestyle.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

in this thread it is very very easy to find out who loves the gay pride ... because usually those people don't think about other people's words ... they just start their attacks when feeling their gay world is being criticized ...

No one has told you to do anything, in fact quite the opposite, the most anyone has said is fine you don't like Pride it's not for you, don't attend.

What some have asked you is why you feel the need to hate on other people for doing something they do want to do.

You're the one who started this whole thread with an attack, and you seem to be the one not really reading what anyone is posting.

I think you're coming off hysterical at this point, which only confirms me in my belief that you really just need to chill the fuck out, and get on with your life and do something you enjoy and stop hating other people for doing something they enjoy.

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Awareness of what? I'm pretty sure most folks know that there are gay people around.

There's lots of gay-related stuff in the media these days.

Well be careful as if you didn't have the parade at all, you would have a very difficult time communicating awareness.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I TOLD YOU THAT I DON'T LIKE THIS SHIT !!!

You can critizise me and my opinion ... I am used to it.
I know this always happens when gay people feel their ideal gay world being criticized. it's always something like "ooooh, somebody is criticizing my ideal, perfect world ... let's attack him" ...

instead of attacking, you better should think about my world ... as Rikter8 said "... but I really think if people used more professionalism, they would take the GLBT community more seriously, and more progress could be made." i totally agree. but those people whose homosexuality is the most important thing in their life will never understand that!

of course, those who love walking (half)naked around the city would never understand that this is not the way how to get same rights as heterosexuals ...

i'm not attacking, just trying to help you see a way to bring your point of view into a more pro-active stance.
for the record i do not see myself living in a gay world where homosexuality is not the be all and end all of my life. being gay is part of who i am and it does not define me.
and with that, i wish you well.

ThaiDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
as i said ... when gay people feel their gay world criticized they start attacking ... btw, thanks for telling me that i am not happy with my life, that i am not laid-back etc. ... thank you so much for helping me findind this out :biggrin1:

and now it's time to stop writing in this thread :smile:
it is so senseless talking about that with people who love the gay pride and whose homosexuality is the most important thing in their life ...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uggh! Celebrating diversity is the same as long as everyone's the same, I guess.

My current icon is from last year's Stonewall Parade here in Wilton Manors. I haven't culled through Google Images to find one I like enough to post this year, but this is one a friend sent me, and it's not exactly hideous.

Also: chaps by definition are assless; it's like saying "a bra with cups".

Attachments