I HATE gay pride !!!

tallhouse168

Experimental Member
Media
When did the march for equal rights turn into a parade of freaks, fruits and nuts and more importantly why? Standing up for your right to live your life as you see fit without fear of reprisals is empowering. Walking down the street with fairy wings and your dick out just fans the flames of prejudice and stereotypes. If Gay Prides are to be taken seriously and be relevant then the circus outfits should be banned and people marching should wear the clothes they go to work in everyday. Showing that gays are an integral and useful part of society. Save the dressing up/nudity for a party afterwards.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
believe it or not, gay folk don't sign a contract promising to be a shining example of assimilation possibilities. people who hold on to hate will use any reason to hold on to their prejudice. the actions of one individual mean pretty much fuck all.

the 8 foot tall drag-queen butterfly isn't meant to speak for the quite bank manager in Delaware. that 8 foot tall drag-queen is speaking to the 14 year old kid in Missouri questioning his inner butterfly.

if you feel your interests are not represented by your local parade, get your ass on a float and represent. i am sure there is plenty of room for self-hating apologist queers. :smile:

pride isn't just the parade. is all about community. i have never been to a pride event without a family section. heaps of happy homos and their kids, not a penis or bare titteh in site. well, the breast feeding lesbians.. but those are on the job tittehs, so those boobehs get a pass.

all those hang wringing "what will people think" queers... "those people" think you are an abomination. doesn't matter how much you look just like them.

eta: to the haters... if you judge all of the queer community by pride. ya do so at the cost of dismissing the millions of queers living their lives everyday. working hard. raising families. fretting and hoping just let anybody else.

in regular ML style.. *ahem* Op, please use this thread as opportunity to shut the fuck up. y'll be glad you did, hater-mcfuckwad.

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Also: chaps by definition are assless; it's like saying "a bra with cups".

Actually, no. "Assless chaps" is referring to the wearing of chaps without pants underneath to make a fashion statement. Thus the "assless".

That's why "assless chaps" is funnier than just "chaps". It conjures an image of someone wearing just chaps with nothing underneath.

A cowboy wearing chaps over his jeans isn't in "assless chaps". And had I said just "chaps", the image could have been of a dude walking down the street with jeans on with chaps over them, which was not what I was trying to convey.

I don't appreciate the implication that just because I'm straight I wouldn't know a thing or two about chaps, assless or otherwise.

If you missed the sarcasm, read it again, then read my sig.

I wonder if the other folks at the straight pride parade think I'm a self-hating prude when I don't go around supporting the other straights waving their dongs around blasting every woman they see with faux-bukkake cool whip?

Lol straight pride parade.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uggh! Celebrating diversity is the same as long as everyone's the same, I guess.

My current icon is from last year's Stonewall Parade here in Wilton Manors. I haven't culled through Google Images to find one I like enough to post this year, but this is one a friend sent me, and it's not exactly hideous.

Also: chaps by definition are assless; it's like saying "a bra with cups".

*pounce*
i've been meaning to talk to you about percentages, Mr. Bbucko *molests at will*

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually, no. "Assless chaps" is referring to the wearing of chaps without pants underneath to make a fashion statement. Thus the "assless".

That's why "assless chaps" is funnier than just "chaps". It conjures an image of someone wearing just chaps with nothing underneath.

A cowboy wearing chaps over his jeans isn't in "assless chaps". And had I said just "chaps", the image could have been of a dude walking down the street with jeans on with chaps over them, which was not what I was trying to convey.

I don't appreciate the implication that just because I'm straight I wouldn't know a thing or two about chaps, assless or otherwise.

If you missed the sarcasm, read it again, then read my sig.

I wonder if the other folks at the straight pride parade think I'm a self-hating prude when I don't go around supporting the other straights waving their dongs around blasting every woman they see with faux-bukkake cool whip?

Lol straight pride parade.

i read chaps i think leather jockstrap.
that's just me :cool:

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the transgendered community has been a bit peeved. they feel they are not represented even tho the letters are usually "glbt" that the groups running the gay pride organizations are only giving lip service to the "t" community and not adding to boards. so, are boycotting.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Well, you know, at the straight pride parade we let asexuals in. I mean, technically they're not straight, but they tend to be on "our side" so we let them in anyway. Besides, who wants to attend an "asexual pride parade"?

(Actually sounds kinda awesome.)

tallhouse168

Experimental Member
Media
What community? Why does it have to be the "gay" community? Why isn't it the community - period. Why march for equality if you have no desire to part of mainstream society? We might as well go back to the days when homosexuality was against the law and gay bars and toilets were the only place we could meet and socialize. It's time to move on from being gay men to being men that are gay. It's part of how I am, but it's not all that I am.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
What community? Why does it have to be the "gay" community? Why isn't it the community - period. Why march for equality if you have no desire to part of mainstream society? We might as well go back to the days when homosexuality was against the law and gay bars and toilets were the only place we could meet and socialize. It's time to move on from being gay men to being men that are gay. It's part of how I am, but it's not all that I am.

I think you're having an argument with yourself. I don't see anyone contending the opposite.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just wanna use this platform to express my feelings ...

i hate gay pride!
i am from cologne in germany ... the most famous gay city (beside berlin) in germany ... and the gay community is celebrating cologne pride this weekend ... 1000s of gay people from all over the world in my city ...

and imho this event is a shame for my city ... i wish it would be over already!
i wish it would be the last pride festival in cologne ...

i am also gay, but this event is a shame for all "ordinary" gay guys ...

you guys don't have to comment my posting ... just accept that i wanna say what i said ...

if you'd like to tell me what you're thinking about gay pride, go ahead!

I'm certainly glad you got that off your chest, hope you feel better.
The word "hate" is such a ugly expression. Maybe "dislike" would be a
better choice of words to use, dont you think. Just a suggestion. Have
a nice day, ok.:biggrin1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Thank you for (finally) shedding light on that otherwise inexplicable phrase; I've seriously never got it since the first time I heard it many years ago.

I will say, though, that it is a tad passé in most parts of the country, where strict ordinances criminalizing public nudity have been in place for a while. Nowadays, there's something called a "modesty strap", which runs from under the codpiece to the back of the chaps. Here in Broward County, it's a mandated 1" thick to ward off, and I kid you not, displays of "anal cleavage": that's how it's written in the statute.

Interestingly, this same law covers all establishments holding a public liquor license, though of course goes unenforced in titty bars. Can you imagine strippers forced to wear something an inch thick to cover her ass crack?

Anyway, this year it was all about leather kilts, with or without assorted gladiator accoutrements: chaps are so five years ago. A few years back someone tried to sell me a pair of "shorty" chaps that hit somewhere just below the knee: they were so very fucking gay, even for me :tongue:

*pounce*
i've been meaning to talk to you about percentages, Mr. Bbucko *molests at will*

Pounce away, darl :biggrin1:

the transgendered community has been a bit peeved. they feel they are not represented even tho the letters are usually "glbt" that the groups running the gay pride organizations are only giving lip service to the "t" community and not adding to boards. so, are boycotting.

Hmmmm, usually it's the lesbians who get all uppity and demand their own, separate march/parade because they feel excluded by the gay-maleness of it all.

Got any links to back up your claim regarding a boycott?

tallhouse168

Experimental Member
Media
That might be so, but it doesn't make it any less of a valid point. For centuries people believed the earth to be flat. I'm just ahead of my time and I'm prepared for the rest to catch up. It's not a crime to question things, it's judging things that gets most people into trouble and conflict.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
That might be so, but it doesn't make it any less of a valid point. For centuries people believed the earth to be flat. I'm just ahead of my time and I'm prepared for the rest to catch up. It's not a crime to question things, it's judging things that gets most people into trouble and conflict.

Click the quote button and you'll quote the person you're responding to, it helps make your posts a bit more intelligible :smile:

tallhouse168

Experimental Member
Media
Not that well versed with the tricks on here. But wasn't a big fan of all the repeated messages inside messages inside messages. It couldn't have been that unintelligible as you know who and to what I was referring.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Not that well versed with the tricks on here. But wasn't a big fan of all the repeated messages inside messages inside messages. It couldn't have been that unintelligible as you know who and to what I was referring.

Actually I wasn't sure which is why I didn't respond to the substance of what you wrote, I'm a Moderator here so I was just trying to give you a handy hint.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's the gay or GLBT community because a community has to have some kind of commonality between the individuals for what their goal is, in this case championing of glbt rights, not being scared or ashamed to be who they are. Do you think it's silly for people to be part of the competitive boggle community or linux community? I mean, why can't they just be part of the community? Oh wait they are, because you can be in multiple communities. You could easily have a gay person or a transgendered person be a part of those other two communities as well. And they are part of their local community of straight people, black people, gay people, bi people, etc.

As for the pride parades I don't have a problem with them being flamboyant and over the top because I understand how taking something you were hated for (and still hated for by many people in the GLBT's case) and show that there is nothing wrong with it, and you aren't scared or hurt by their words. It's very empowering. For all of the GLBT people who don't like the costumes and all that, you SHOULD go. The more diverse the parade the better, no? I bet if you showed up in a suit and tie and some guy dressed up as a fairy (which is of course to take away the power of calling someone a fairy, not because gay people like dressing up as fairy's all the time (though I'm sure some do)) asked why you weren't dressed up too and you said something like "Oh I'm not really into that, but I'm proud to be who I am and I am a gay/bi/lesbian/transgendered person!" I doubt you catch much or any flak. However if you said something along the lines of "how can show gay people in this light, blah blah hate hate hate" you would catch flak. Really for people who want to be accepted more, you'd think you would also be more accepting of people who seem different.

The way I see it, you are happy that you are a round peg and can fit right in, and others should strive to be a round peg too, while the pride parade people think there shouldn't be a fucking board getting in the way in the first place.