Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I once dated a guy named Johnny Walker! He was a lot of fun. I miss him sometimes!

I think there might be quite a few Johnny Walkers in this world. I had a friend with this distinguished name.

His friends always called him Johnny Walker ...always! Never John or Johnny...always Johnny Walker (in full). He seemed to quite like being refered to in this way...perhaps because it was a friendly recognition of big rod in his pants just like a walking stick.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
... and you keep hoping that Zeus will take you for Ganymede, right?
That's the sort of irritatingly stupid shit that'll land you chained to a rock in the bowels of Tartarus for a few centuries with a hungry eagle for company.

Would come on down to visit?

Even Zeus visited earth to seduce mortal women.:tongue::32:
I'm sure I could be convinced to come down if properly enticed...

Last edited:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well PM me the answer for no prize.
A unique name is an easy way to be found on the internet. And umm... I don't really want a Google search of my name by my catholic uncle leading to this site. :biggrin1:

Yes, that's why I will NEVER tell anyone the name I go by on this site - it's unique and any Google search on it will point right at me! I wasn't thinking Catholic uncles, though - I was thinking potential employers! :eek:

If you hate your name change it. I hated my first name so much that I insisted I be called by my middle name by the age of eight. I legally changed it when I was twenty one.

I hate my first name too. I wasn't necessarily picked on for it, although I was picked on for everything else (including my surname!) I just didn't like it, especially when I got older, because it's a diminuitive and to me sounds childish. And the non-dimunitive of it is just plain and blah. I liked my unique middle name, and decided in high school that that's the name I was going to go by. I still like my middle name, but I'm always having to correct everybody's pronunciation and spelling of it, and having to repeat it several times and they still don't pronounce it right! :biggrin1: Oh, and having to explain the origin of the name over... and over.... and over... (it's a kind of made-up name, but it sounds similar enough to some other names). And yet I still like it in spite of all that.

I had a friend in grade school who's name was Seth.....but his last name was Poole.....so
of course he was called...."Cesspool."
How could a parent name their child something like that? Were they just stupid?

That's just all kinds of wrong!

I dated a man who had the exact same name as a movie star, first and last name. It drove him crazy.

I've known several people who had the same names of famous people.

If I were to adopt the name of a literary character, I think "Eeyore" would be just the ticket. But it probably wouldn't work out, so why bother . . . :frown1::frown1::frown1:

Here's a chap with an interesting name (and street address):

YouTube - Funny Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry comedy sketch! 'Your name, sir?' - BBC comedy

That's a hilarious sketch! I hadn't seen that before. But then I have a thing for British comedy.

I think it's a Southern thing - like naming your kids, Saxby, Aubrey, Jethro, Atticus or Bubba. Once you move out of the South they sound strange.

I've known a lot of Southern people, including a couple called Bubba, but I don't know anyone with those names (except maybe I've known an Aubrey - I don't remember). The only Jethro I know of is the character from The Beverly Hillbillies, and the only Atticus I know of is Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird.

I always thought Bubba was a nickname or something. I didn't think anyone actually named their kids Bubba.

That's what I thought, too. That Bubba is a nickname, rather than an actual name.

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
In fact, when it comes to introducing myself, I usually cringe at the thought of telling someone my name. I actually get angry at my mom and dad when I think of them giving me such a shitty name.

same here

my name is the same as a major city in the UK
that's as far as will tell you.
usually I refer to my middle name as I dislike my first name

Last edited: