I hate "The Bachelor"

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok,

That show breaks my heart every time I watch it. I know that someone is going to win and someone is going to lose but I hate seeing these women all having to compete for this one man. I suppose we do this in real life but most of the time we are not right next to the competition or able to assess the total picture. I dont think I could sustain that kind of hopefulness and openess with someone in a situation like that. I felt so bad for the girl that wasnt chosen tonight. She absolutely lost it. He had been leaning towards her the entire time. It was really sad. I was happy for the girl who won but ....

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok,

That show breaks my heart every time I watch it. I know that someone is going to win and someone is going to lose but I hate seeing these women all having to compete for this one man. I suppose we do this in real life but most of the time we are not right next to the competition or able to assess the total picture. I dont think I could sustain that kind of hopefulness and openess with someone in a situation like that. I felt so bad for the girl that wasnt chosen tonight. She absolutely lost it. He had been leaning towards her the entire time. It was really sad. I was happy for the girl who won but ....

I'm a 41 year old single woman, I can't watch that show. It hits too close to home. The one that really got my knickers in a twist was the one where a single woman was alotted 4-6 shows to pick the right guy. The catch: one was gay, one was married, and the other was allegedly straight. All wooed her heavily. I am way too empathetic it hurts my heart to see another woman go through that on national television.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a 41 year old single woman, I can't watch that show. It hits too close to home. The one that really got my knickers in a twist was the one where a single woman was alotted 4-6 shows to pick the right guy. The catch: one was gay, one was married, and the other was allegedly straight. All wooed her heavily. I am way too empathetic it hurts my heart to see another woman go through that on national television.

I do hear that. I will never forget one a while back where the woman was in her 40's and when he didnt give her a rose she went off. She stalked out and was screaming all sorts of things. I said She needs therapy more than she needs a man. I know it is hard to watch or wait but at least try to have some dignity no matter how it turns out.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know it is hard to watch or wait but at least try to have some dignity no matter how it turns out.

Exactly! If you can't have taste at least have shame.

Shame? I think she probably called it Keepin' it real! LOL! It made me cringe for her. I know how she felt but she should have known she could not compete with 20 year olds no matter how accomplished or beautiful she may have been.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shame? I think she probably called it Keepin' it real! LOL! It made me cringe for her. I know how she felt but she should have known she could not compete with 20 year olds no matter how accomplished or beautiful she may have been.

This is true. If you ever hear me say I am going on a reality dating show you have my permission to bitch slap me. :biggrin1:

Though if I get myself in shape I wouldn't mind doing the Amazing Race

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You know, I hate these shows as well. You are taking something pure - it being love in this case - and turning it into a public humiliation. Then, you have people wonder why people can not find love these days. Shows like these should be banned and replaced by some gosh darn good comedy, or a fictional drama. These reality show producers see all the money signs, but fail to see the emotions these people will go through.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Have any of them actually stayed together? I know that several got "engaged" and then broke it off soon after the show ended. I think one got married but was already divorced. There is no way that anyone can really have a serious relationship based on anything but sexual attraction from those shows.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I don't watch this show. I hate reality dating shows. This one is the worst.

The guy ends up making out with so many girls, kissing and petting and sometimes fucking. They often seem to truly fall for each other. He meets her parents and all that stuff, then he has to vote her off and the cycle starts all over again with another girl. WTF?

Either the players are having a fake showmance, or the producers are sadists. Either way it sucks.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is hope for the world. I love you guys. This is exactly right. How have we gotten to the point where we can do this type of thing for national amusement? It is just another link in a long chain of emotional voyeurism where we dont really learn to be compassionate, but coldly sit in audience or behind the screen and watch other's lives fall apart while we smirk or uncomfortably titter and hope it never happens to us.

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually caught a few episodes this season and i watched the finale......you have to wonder as to what type of woman would put herself through such a spectacle? I mean it was quite evident that the blonde girl was in love with this guy, and was devasted when he didn't pick her.....I mean dating is hard enough, falling in love is tougher and I find it bizarre that in today's society even love has to be "fast tracked" I mean what happened to good ole fashion romance and dating? and then possibly falling in love? I mean WTF?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HI Naughty & njqt466,
You ought to put your heads together and devise a television show whose theme may actually empower women and have some broader appeal. (easier said than done ... I know :smile:). It's simply that we need something better than the crap that TV is sponsoring. Agreed

I mean dating is hard enough, falling in love is tougher and I find it bizarre that in today's society even love has to be "fast tracked" I mean what happened to good ole fashion romance and dating? and then possibly falling in love? I mean WTF? It's dead, gone, and buried. As you know I have all but given up hope of finding a decent man, let alone one capable of good ol' fashion romance and dating.:frown1:

There is hope for the world. I love you guys. This is exactly right. How have we gotten to the point where we can do this type of thing for national amusement? Yes, it is part of the "dumbing down" or "Jerry Springerization" of America and it stinks. It is just another link in a long chain of emotional voyeurism where we don't really learn to be compassionate, but coldly sit in audience or behind the screen and watch other's lives fall apart while we smirk or uncomfortably titter and hope it never happens to us. When television was first invented it was expensive. The programming was limited but aimed at the people who could afford it. Some were the upper-class college educated sort. Most of these people were often just hard working middle-class Americans with morals and ethics. That fan base no longer exists. TV producers are aiming their shows at the lowest common denominator of humanity.