I hate Winter

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Which is why I moved to south Florida. I went back to the northeast to visit my family for the holidays. The blizzard bought a little over 30 inches of snow. My car was snowed in for 3 days. A plow came by plowed in about 100 feet, but stuck, backed up and had to be towed. The problem was that he left a wall of waist high snow blocking the road. I called around, but no one cared. Another plow got stuck on his way to plow a school nearby. Eventually they had to send a front end loader with a plow to plow the street. I had to extend my stay due to it and slept threw New Years Eve so I could be on the road early January 1st. Got home last night at around 2 AM.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At least this didn't happen to your car! :wink:

Oh...and I hate winter too!

I saw that clip on the local NYC news stations many times. The plow that got stuck on my father's block almost hit a car that was parked at the corner.

I also had to back up two strangers cars from my street because they didn't know how to drive in the snow.

and as much as I hate the cold it's nothing when compared to the havoc that ice and snow cause.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It was a difficult storm & kind of snuck up & then got ahead of us. The bright side is that the temperature went up past 50 yesterday.

Flurries are predicted end of the week which is what the last 1 was expected to be up until Christmas eve.

I like it - I get bored easily, so I'd get fed up with the same weather all year round. It only works tho, since our seasons are never that extreme anyway, heheh.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Winter can be fun!

snowmobile-red.jpg

THis is what they should have been using.

Snow-Plow.jpg

Winter Skinny Dipping...

0.jpg

Or Sledding!

airborne-sledding.jpg

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Which is why I moved to south Florida. I went back to the northeast to visit my family for the holidays. The blizzard bought a little over 30 inches of snow. My car was snowed in for 3 days. A plow came by plowed in about 100 feet, but stuck, backed up and had to be towed. The problem was that he left a wall of waist high snow blocking the road. I called around, but no one cared. Another plow got stuck on his way to plow a school nearby. Eventually they had to send a front end loader with a plow to plow the street. I had to extend my stay due to it and slept threw New Years Eve so I could be on the road early January 1st. Got home last night at around 2 AM.
. I'm sorry the weather wasn't better for you here. Its good you were with your family for the holidays. I went with a yardstick in my backyard and we got 35 inches of snow. No mail delivery for 5 days. Really a mess. Its warm now and starting too melt. Good to hear you got back to Florida safe and sound.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
smile'
Prefer it myself
able to wrap up if neccesary, walk around still
get cosy & warm, despite what may be outside
admittedly other countries have more Harsh Winters than NZ
starting to feel heaps for those of you who have extremley harsh Winters tho
enz

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, none of you who hate winters enjoy skiing?

I haven't skied since grammar school, when I lived in Southern NH.

As I've written in several threads, if I never shovel snow again I'll die a happy man. It cost me thousands of dollars to relocate permanently to where I'd never again have to experience it. Though I miss the culture (and people) of Boston or NYC, I cannot tolerate the cold and hate snow with a passion.

FWIW, even though it doesn't actually snow here, it can get bitterly cold; last year we had a freeze that wiped out crops and killed all of our adult iguanas (which were kinda cool to see lolling in a tree). This past December was the coldest I've experienced in the eight years I've lived here, with days of temps that never got out of the 40s and nights where it flirted with freezing again.

<shiver>