I Hate You Ty Pennington!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
EVERY week during Extreme Home Makeover there's a point where I'm reduced to tears. Endless waterworks. I had to put a permanent box of tissues under my pc desk next to my tv.
Tonight they beat me up. The show wasn't even 10 minutes into when Joey met her bone marrow donor. I just f'n lost it. It was such an emotional moment I just lost it. These families are always in such dire straights that it gets to me. I end up crying during the happy moments when they get the new house. Manipulation on the show's part? i dunno. All I know is it makes me happy to see folks so bad off get to change their lives by what this crew does for them in a week!
Still 40 minutes left to the show. I better grab my Kleenex near! I am the schmaltz-meister!

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love that people have angels. People or energies that step in and help you when you need it most. I've had a few so when I see these people I think of the people that have helped me too. It's very emotional. Thank god something on tv moves me this way.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We've all had angels in our lives, whether we know it or not. I know I have.

I don't watch Extreme Makeover though. It yanks my chain too hard. It makes me wish I had enough money to solve everyone's problems.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard Extreme Makeover Home Edition referred to as "the show that leaves no tear unjerked". :biggrin1:

I used to watch it, but I don't anymore. I'm glad that these families get a great new house and all, though (although I wonder if they don't run into problems when they have to pay taxes on it... I'm not against taxes but the show does need to take that into consideration, especially since these families don't really have the financial means to pay taxes on houses that elaborate.) Also, they always choose families with children (having gone through some tragedy, like one family member is seriously ill, or they went through a natural disaster etc.) While that is all well and good, there are also people who don't have children (or who don't have children still living at home), who are also needy, and they are often ignored and forgotten.