"I Have A Bracelet Too"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stratedude, Sep 26, 2008.

1. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That sounded soooooooo childish, LOL!

2. Notaguru2

Gold Member

You missed the point, idiot. In other words, there are mothers who've lost their sons that are against the war as well.

3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    exactly...it was cheap (if not in bad taste) to have brought the bracelet up in the first place.

4. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Obviously you didn't listen to Obama and why he actually retaliated with that statement.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Why didn't you mention your cockring, stratedude?

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It's not as big as Palin's... :biggrin1:

7. SirNeal8

SirNeal8 New Member

Albums:
    Totally. It was Obama's way of saying, "A bracelet doesn't make a President." I personally thought it was a good moment for Obama to pull that one out from under McCain's wingtips.

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

McCain brought up HIS bracelet first, Saying some mother of a dead soldier begged him to make sure her son did not die in vain...

Obama said he had a bracelet given him by a mother who begged him to not let any one Else's son die for this stupid war.

If the two perspectives- One mother wants to McCain to Kill OTHER people's sons to validate her loss.

The Other mother doesn't want any mother to have to suffer the loss of their son.

The former is an entirely selfish perspective.

The latter is unselfish and compassionate.

Selfish and self centered- the republican family value of validating death thru more death.

Compassionate and thinking of others- the democratic value of valuing American lives over pointless military glory.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

It nauseates me when candidates go into those "I met an [American-fill-in-the-blank] who told me..." stories, and that includes Barack. But the Republicans weigh in heavily on these, brought up by Ronald Regan, who schooled them. I find it all so vapid and revolting. Anyone who buys this crap as sincere, or telling, about who the candidate is, is buying the Reader's Digest version of political reality. Just shoot me now. Better yet, shoot them.

10. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly - the "I've met an American" line used in any campaign is bullshit. Better to say that they've spoken to many or countless Americans who expressed this or that...far more believable.

As I said it was crass for McCain to go there in the first place. Obama's response was appropriate in that circumstance in that it effectively nullified so ridiculous a ploy.

Don't presume to speak for all the families of our men and women in service by using the words of one.

11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

That was more McCain grandstanding.

But it was funny as hell when Obama said he had one too. I LOLd

12. Beryn

Beryn Member

I must admit Obama did give a few funny lines tonight "I have a bracelet too", but my personal favorite was "Orgy of spending".....I will have to use that one myself....

13. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Timmy sold his bike and asked his mom to donate his earnings towards my campaign...

14. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is this tiny-world thinking that is the falacy of liberal thinking.

In reality the former knows the importance to her country of winning the war, and that defeat will have made it pointless to have gone in the first place (which explains why so many libs seem to WANT the US to lose there). She obviously knows what it means to fight and die for a cause, and the importance for a country to have those that are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. Without people like this, there cannot be people like you. Always remember that.

And in my opinion, the latter is selfish because she feels that there is no greater cause than herself and her own feelings. That is sad.

15. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, what's sad is that you'd have the audacity to put yourself in the shoes of a family who has lost a loved one, and that you'd further have the unmitigated GALL...the presumption to judge them - to characterize them as selfish. Why?

Because their feelings and point of view don't correspond with your own and don't support your own political agenda.

There's no end to the fuckin' NERVE of you guys, is there?

16. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

When McCain was discussing Iran and leaned in forcefully to say that we could "never allow another holocaust to happen again"...I thought, "Hmmm, playing the Jewish card. Smooth". And then I threw up a little in my mouth.

17. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are an idiot. I served in the military, and while there are some lost souls there, a very large majority of them are proud to defend their country, and are willing to risk it all to perform this duty. The LAST thing these brave pariotic servicemen want is for their mothers to compromise the security of their country to put their fears of personal loss at ease. It's idiots like you that have had it too easy for too long. How many people in Georgia do you think has this selfish, nieve way of thinking?

And yeah I have the NERVE. I believe that all that have served their country knowing full damn well the risk and what it may mean has the right to have the NERVE. So STFU you moron.

In this case the biggest difference between liberal and conservatives is that liberals put SELF before COUNTRY.

18. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're the moron. First of all you don't know shit about me or what I've had or didn't have. So you served in the military. BFD. Even if you were the fucking Commander in Chief it STILL wouldn't give you the right to speak for and judge the feelings OR CHARACTER of some kid's parents who have lost their child majority or not. Nor does the right to feel as they do have anything to do with compromising the "security" of the country. You've been listening to too much right winged bullshit.

You sound like a typical narrowminded "my way or the highway" conservative (since it YOU who use the description) who is quick to label anyone with a difference of opinion as unpatriotic, slackers, and any other negative stereotypical characterization you can come up with.

How dare us for disagreeing with YOU.

You...you...ass clown.

(ass clown????)

#18 b.c., Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  19. D_Clumbert Cocksicle

ass clown? ha. ASS CLOWN!

20. transformer_99

Gold Member

#20 transformer_99, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted