i have a crush on a LPSG member

ScotRandom

Cherished Member
Media
A Galaxy Far Far Away, LPSG, KIK & Fab Swingers. A
Sexuality
No Response
he is 100% straight and makes subtle homophobic remarks. but that turns me on? anyone else have a crush on a fellow member?

I always meant to come back to this & it slipped my mind.
It sounds to me that your "crush" is actually more of a case of being turned on by humiliation from this person. Nothing wrong with that if that's your thing. There's a few on here into humiliation but its not my bag. I'd rather be nice to someone than humiliate them. I've always thought that someone's need to humiliate another stems from their own insecurities & inadequacies.
As for my own "crushes" I guess I've had some (healthy) infatuations, knowing that they're so far away there is no chance of ever becoming a threat to my relationship, which is far more important to me. I've been extremely fond of, & even allowed myself, to entertain the "fantasy" of a couple of lpsg members being that little bit more special than others that have been on my Friends List.
Some I have kept in touch with off the site & we still call each other on Viber or KIK. Others have withered & the friendship never recovered.
I disagree that the "crush" HAS to stem from the physical & not the connection of the minds. Some of my "crushes" have been slightly overweight, awkward, far from perfect physical specimens, yet the rush I'd get from speaking or camming or a mail could make me smile & brighten my day. Isn't that the fun of a "crush" is that you make each other smile, or feel special, or that it brings some positivity to your day? You see beyond their failings & go with the the way they make you feel special? Maybe not.
As long as you keep a grip on the fact that it is simply a "crush", a transient infatuation, a bit of fun fantasy then you can maintain what is ultimately more important. The friendship.
If the OP does maintain the right balance then by all means enjoy the infatuation. Be careful of the humiliation tho as this might be detrimental to you in the long-term, & remember that if he's truly a friend then he'll realise that his homophobic remarks are plain wrong.
Hope my contribution to the thread helps & you can cherrypick some good from it.