I have a funny feeling about this

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Please look at the attached image - I couldn't get the entire first page of 'etc.' into one screenshot without messing about with my display settings - so I have cut and paste a 2nd screenshot in to show the lower half, but it is from the 1st page of etc..

Five moved threads on the 1st page of this board - and there is another closed thread on this board on a similar topic.

I do not want THIS thread to be about any one member. I am not talking about that member I am talking about the fact that there is an issue on the board that clearly a portion of the membership feel the need to discuss and are not being allowed.

Now - this is a privately owned board and if the admin team feel we can't discuss an issue then we don't really have much recourse.

But - and this is a question for the mods and the membership - would it not be better to leave at least one thread where a reasonable discussion can take place than to just keep moving threads to where they can't be seen.

Again - please, I'd like to see this thread stay readable - this is NOT about one member, if it becomes about one member I don't doubt it will be moved like the other threads.

I was thinking of adding this to the 'I want this person gone threads' thread - but it doesn't fit - because the 6 threads in question were not like that.

Attachments

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Prep, I don't want to get into the specifics of the threads (for reasons I mentioned in the OP), but I was posting to two of them and there was no harassment going on* - you can still see that.

Is it really the case that all threads about or even vaguely about another member are harassment?

* granted I may have missed a last post - but one post does not make the intent of the thread. Are we going to see all threads where an insult or disagreement is careless worded tossed in the trash. If so we may as well delete the whole board and turn the lights off on our way out.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I came into Et Cetera Et Cetera and saw that these threads had been removed and now look to have completely disappeared from the board. I really was looking for a thread started last night to get more than a glance at them, never will I know what was in side to see why they was pulled.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Prep, I don't want to get into the specifics of the threads (for reasons I mentioned in the OP), but I was posting to two of them and there was no harassment going on* - you can still see that.

Is it really the case that all threads about or even vaguely about another member are harassment?

* granted I may have missed a last post - but one post does not make the intent of the thread. Are we going to see all threads where an insult or disagreement is careless worded tossed in the trash. If so we may as well delete the whole board and turn the lights off on our way out.
Agreed, I thought one had turned quite light in terms of the tone of posts. Fortunately, I did see your responses in my email and loved what you wrote, ManlyBanisters. If I may quote?

So please, fix the fence before you complain about the state of the neighbours' yard.
I'll try to keep this in mind when posting. :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The threads in question have been made to cause trouble and nothing else. Im all for freedom of speech. However its seems this is all certain members have on their minds. One thread after the other. Im glad the mod's are stopping this. We need to move beyond Race and hate. There is so much more to talk about.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
The threads in question have been made to cause trouble and nothing else. Im all for freedom of speech. However its seems this is all certain members have on their minds. One thread after the other. Im glad the mod's are stopping this. We need to move beyond Race and hate. There is so much more to talk about.

One of them was an appreciation thread, Snakey. It doesn't follow.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I had no idea there were other threads started about the topic that i brought up until Freddie told me about it after mine was closed. The thing I'm wondering is if non-related people all start similar threads within a short period of time that should say something about a percentage of people reading this board. One person doesnt usually represent just one person when posting an opinion. They represent many people who are afraid to speak out. I know this because i received PMs about my post after it was closed.

The thing i have a problem with is the thread about racism and tipping got closed on behalf of the OP because he wasnt liking the heat it started. There are consenquences to our words and when its not a flaming war, but a heated discussion, we shouldnt be able to request our thread closed because we didnt think carefully about our wording and how offensive it was.

My thread which was quite enlightening and the person to whom it was directed was quite conversational in it. In fact, he thanked me in PM for getting him back on track because he has been too caught up about thread starting. He was able to explain a few things privately that i could relate to about getting out of sync in real life.

So with that said, i think since the mass bannings that the powers that be are gun shy and close every thread for the fear of some member feeling isolated or insulted and a huge fight ensuing because of it.

There is a wind of change around here...the newest registrants have no idea.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You seem to see it pretty much the same way I do, Red.

A good while back (in internet terms :rolleyes:), when Hick was a mod, I asked him about closing threads and his response was that only threads that started nasty or went particularly nasty could be closed - that an OP could not request a thread be closed. And yet it seems to happen all the time now. I don't like it.

And yes, the very fact the several threads were opened within a short time does mean that there is something effecting the board that the board needs to talk about. But it would seem we aren't allowed, in any context, constructive or otherwise.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One person doesnt usually represent just one person when posting an opinion. They represent many people who are afraid to speak out. I know this because i received PMs about my post after it was closed.

This is precisely the issue. Apparently, though, it can't be discussed because it's harassment. My stupid thread wasn't mean or cruel. Was it bitchy? It could be taken that way. But it was also just trying to address the issue in a way that was light instead of making a thread calling him a fucktard or a Nazi Cunt or whatever the insult of the day is.

People keep going on about how people start threads just to cause trouble and stir up shit. Tell me, if all threads that had the potential to be controversial or hurt someone's feelings were closed, what would be left? Why else to be start threads but to stir people so they get responses.

There's a large percentage of the board who likes marley's 58 threads. There's a large percentage that doesn't. Why can't it be discussed? If he puts himself out there in such a way to call attention to himself by far surpassing the number of threads most people make in years in less than a month, what's so suprising about him being scrutinized?

I don't see the big deal. I also don't see why mem and tallbig were both allowed to be savaged for the same thing that marley is doing. How is marley different? Probably the same way arliss was. He's buddies with someone who has power.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this is not a forum to express your opinions of the world or religion. This is a damn adult website dedicated to Fucking Large Penis's. Why come here and post stuff to harass people or cause controversy. Why question the mods and adminstrators whose job is to make sure that things go well. Its not a members job to question there motives. This thread should be recycled as well.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this is not a forum to express your opinions of the world or religion. This is a damn adult website dedicated to Fucking Large Penis's. Why come here and post stuff to harass people or cause controversy. Why question the mods and adminstrators whose job is to make sure that things go well. Its not a members job to question there motives. This thread should be recycled as well.

well, it seems as though this is where LPSG is headed, and if so i'm not sure why i bother here anymore.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
this is not a forum to express your opinions of the world or religion. This is a damn adult website dedicated to Fucking Large Penises. Why come here and post stuff to harass people or cause controversy. Why question the mods and adminstrators whose job is to make sure that things go well. Its not a members job to question there motives. This thread should be recycled as well.

What part of Et Cetera, Et Cetera: Off-topic postings, current events, rants and raves... do some people not get??

This subforum is precisely the board to discuss things that do not relate to big cocks. The membership here, whether you, Deno, or anyone else likes it or not, discusses things other than the subject matter of the site. Every message board I have ever posted to, be it once or for a year or more, has had an off-topic area where the members discuss 'other stuff'.

Why question the mods and admins? Because it is our nature to question - well, mine anyhow. We have to play by the rules here because there is a ToS and it is a private site, but it does help to understand what those rules are. This thread closing and thread moving (be it on this topic or others) has become more and more noticeable and while the admin team are perfectly within their rights to reply as prep did (that the threads are harassment and that's all there is to it) the membership are also within our rights to question the application of the ToS. We might not get answers we like, we might not get any answers at all. But something in the administration of the site seems to have changed and, if there is an explanation to be had, I'd like to hear it.

My original point - that Red and snooz seem to agree with - is that there is an issue on the board that is being quashed everytime it is brought up - the admin team are calling 'harassment' as the reason, even when the OPs say that that is not their intent; snoozan, Red and Duder have all stated clearly that was not their intent - Duder and Red specifically were being supportive and positive, snoozan lighthearted. It seems we have gotten to the stage that we can't talk about each other at all. That's crazy! If the admins feel that members Y and Z are going to come on to a thread about member X and make it a harssment thread then it is members Y and Z who need dealing with - not the subject matter as a whole.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm just glad Gillette stayed out of this one. That poor woman has been getting the blame for everything that's been going on.

Marlyislegend was putting his ass on the line 100 times a day and being obnoxious atleast 20% of the time in my opinion. His thread titles were expertly chosen to get the most response. He can't be that surprised that people were noticing his hyper-posting. It makes me anxious and nervous to see someone so concerned about getting everyone on their bandwagon. I start to wonder how they must be to talk to in real life. Do they jump up and down or pace the floor nervously? Our posts do reflect our personalities.

I simply was warning him about the negative side to trying to get that much attention. The ETC board tends to be a different group compared to those on the Adult Vids, Sex with a Large Penis board and so on. If he were doing that on a more lighthearted board i'd probably never said anything. But you have to know your target audience if you are going to engage them every 23 minutes with new bleeding heart contriversy.

I'm sure me and Snoozan will get this thread wiped out thanks to the idiot above to who said this thread should be gone too because the ETC board shouldnt bring about ETC topics on a penis board, that, and the fact we both mentioned Marley up by name so now this thread will be labelled as a blatent insult to him and closed.

That or Manly Banisters will request it being closed because she couldnt take the heat and then that'll be the end of it.