I have a funny feeling about this

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Every message board I have ever posted to, be it once or for a year or more, has had an off-topic area where the members discuss 'other stuff'.

Absolutely...and the other singular aspect to most of them is that these off-topic zones are unmoderated.

IMO, the Etc. forum here should be unmoderated. Anyone solely interested in big cock discussions can happily spend their time in the many protected PC forums dedicated to those pursuits. This forum should be a free-for-all, governed by the relatively few of us who discuss non-penis-related topics frequently without having some nanny watching over us and deciding what is and isn't appropriate conversation.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL @ people attacking Marley.

He's no more "obnoxious" or "bleeding heart" or "contreversial" than some of the idiots that reside on this site.

There are people whose every comment is a point insult, or whose only intent is to bitch, moan, and stir up trouble.

I hardly think that's his intent. From what I've read from him, he just has a different point of view than most of you.

And if you can't take the heat of reading someone's posts with different POV's...then maybe it's YOU who should get out the kitchen.

Meh...

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Yeah - way to make it not about one member, Red :wink:

Can't take the heat? - sweetie, I have an pryrex ass and a teflon ego. So the chance of me calling Pax are slim.

Pyrex ass, eh?

If you bring the beaker, I'll bring the Bunsen burner. It's chemistry, baby.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely...and the other singular aspect to most of them is that these off-topic zones are unmoderated.

IMO, the Etc. forum here should be unmoderated. Anyone solely interested in big cock discussions can happily spend their time in the many protected PC forums dedicated to those pursuits. This forum should be a free-for-all, governed by the relatively few of us who discuss non-penis-related topics frequently without having some nanny watching over us and deciding what is and isn't appropriate conversation.

How can you have a section be unmoderated. You'd open that forum up to a host off bullshit from pedophilia, to racism, to insults, to God knows what else.

EVERYTHING in moderation....isn't that the old saying.

Perhaps the moderation should be lighter...but certainly not unmoderated.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah i figured the last option about you turning in your own thread to be closed was the least likely to happen.

I don't know why my PMs thread got merged with the PMs sticky at the top of another board. I had a topic that was quite funny and anonymous. In fact, most of which were from another site. I saw it was moved and blended in to some 15 page madness- who the hell reads sticky's anyway? They are a part of the furniture and i don't pay them any attention. How the heck is my post supposed to be commented on if it vanishes like that?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
LOL @ people attacking Marley.

He's no more "obnoxious" or "bleeding heart" or "contreversial" than some of the idiots that reside on this site.

There are people whose every comment is a point insult, or whose only intent is to bitch, moan, and stir up trouble.

I hardly think that's his intent. From what I've read from him, he just has a different point of view than most of you.

And if you can't take the heat of reading someone's posts with different POV's...then maybe it's YOU who should get out the kitchen.

Meh...

I dont think anyone here has a problem with POV. I think you've had your head in the sand or somewhere else because you've chalked it up to point of view? That has as much to do with this issue as planting tulips.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Preface: I respect the opinions previously stated in this thread. Here's mine-

LPSG, as with most forums, falls victim to a lot of bigoting and finger pointing. It's a mini-America where the upper class, elitist, frequent posters can name call and VOICE their opinions to a degree that sometimes seems out of line (especially when ONE member is specifically pointed out). I think that the moderators are trying to squash some of this. I agree with their attempt to do so, if that is what they are trying to accomplish. I pass by almost 90% of the threads on here for that reason. They turn into angered advents of dislodged individuals who use a FORUM on the INTERNET to seem all mighty.

Point being: if there are no rules about legend posting a lot.. then let it continue. If he has made obscene, derogatory comments.. let the MODS know. I assume most of them are competent enough to make the right decisions as they have done in the past.

Pointing him out in public threads seems like slandering his name.. 'calling him out' for all the street peoples. It just seems a bit... much?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How can you have a section be unmoderated. You'd open that forum up to a host off bullshit from pedophilia, to racism, to insults, to God knows what else.

No, fuck that.

I meant exactly what I said...unmoderated. Illegal content aside, the contributing members hold the power to ostracize the ignorant, racist, flame-baiting fucktard trolls through their responses...or lack thereof.

That has as much to do with this issue as planting tulips.

I'll show you where you can plant yer twolips, Red....

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Marley had no anger towards me because of my thread, in fact, he talked a lot with me about it afterwards and agreed that he was trying to get attention to some degree. Not that his posts werent reflective of his passions, but didn't think about how much he was "grabbing the mic" to so speak and doing the opposite of what he really intended.

What the fuck does this have to do with being a "mini America"?

You hardly post here, are you reading whats going on in these other threads? Or are you just coming in at the last quarter with your commentary?

If you read my original thread towards him you wouldnt get the idea that i was belittling him or slandering him. He didn't even get that impression so no one else should have.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont think anyone here has a problem with POV. I think you've had your head in the sand or somewhere else because you've chalked it up to point of view? That has as much to do with this issue as planting tulips.

That's what it seems like. You all bitching and moaning because Marley "hyper posts"/because Marley makes threads that demand you to get on the bandwagon/because Marley makes threads to get tee most response/ because Marley presents "bleeding heard" ideas, etc. I mean these are your words, are they not. Thus you have a problem with his POV.

My point is...who gives a fuck what he posts or how?

If the moderators and admins don't have a problem with it, and if he's not breaking any of the TOS...then your complaints are null and void.

NOTHING he has posted offends me, nor do his posting methods. And I know I'm not a minority because I'm sure they are a plethora of members who just see this as a petty attempt to get a poster to conform to your view of what posting should be about, what should be discussed, how it should be presented, and how he should post.

And it's absolutely odd how a few of you group together into clusters and try to come after one member just because he/she isn't posting what you want to read or posting it how you want it to be, or presenting in the vein you want it to be presented.

And as I said, if you can't take the heat of his posting methods, viewpoints, presentation style, etc, then it's you who needs to get out of the kitchen. Not him.

You say you didn't make a thread to "cause trouble" but rather to tell him the "negative side of trying to get attention". That is complete hypocrisy. First this site is all about "getting attention". And secondly you've been guilty of it yourself. If the pot is burned to a crisp, it should NOT be trying to call the Kettle black.

I can't understand how people believe they have the right to tell people how to post, to call someone on stuff they've done themselves, or think they are in a position to question the moderation and administration of the site for trying to squash bullshit before it happens.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Preface: I respect the opinions previously stated in this thread. Here's mine-

LPSG, as with most forums, falls victim to a lot of bigoting and finger pointing. It's a mini-America where the upper class, elitist, frequent posters can name call and VOICE their opinions to a degree that sometimes seems out of line (especially when ONE member is specifically pointed out). I think that the moderators are trying to squash some of this. I agree with their attempt to do so, if that is what they are trying to accomplish. I pass by almost 90% of the threads on here for that reason. They turn into angered advents of dislodged individuals who use a FORUM on the INTERNET to seem all mighty.

Point being: if there are no rules about legend posting a lot.. then let it continue. If he has made obscene, derogatory comments.. let the MODS know. I assume most of them are competent enough to make the right decisions as they have done in the past.

Pointing him out in public threads seems like slandering his name.. 'calling him out' for all the street peoples. It just seems a bit... much?

this is your opinion, which should hold about as much weight as, well, anyone else's opinion. and in my opinion, your opinion is wrong. in which case, i have every reason to not abide by it.

since when was discussion a bad thing?

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
ISo with that said, i think since the mass bannings that the powers that be are gun shy and close every thread for the fear of some member feeling isolated or insulted and a huge fight ensuing because of it.

There is a wind of change around here...the newest registrants have no idea.

And Mademoiselle, how about a mod suggesting that hotbtminla's hate thread be closed, when if anything, it went only in the opposite direction of hate. The same mod also said the same thing about the Slambook thread, but continued to take major part in that one, and never bothered with the Movie Star Hate thread, which I believe had been started by another more laid=-back mod. In doing so, she was very snitty to me when I questioned her about whether she had even read the thread and gave me little 'Have a wonderful evening' bullshits.

But I don't think it's worth that much analysis, because it's obvious that there are hierarchies and some very stupid non-mods agree with some of the mods just as ass-kissing for favours, but what else is new? Lex is an excellent mod and Flashy too, as far as I can tell, I am sure there are some other ones, but I don't know who they all are anyway. But I do think little schoolmarm type 'Miss Arbitrary' I-Just-Don't-Happen-to-Like-This-Thread' stuff is tacky and petty.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No, fuck that.

I meant exactly what I said...unmoderated. Illegal content aside, the contributing members hold the power to ostracize the ignorant, racist, flame-baiting fucktard trolls through their responses...or lack thereof.

LOL @ ostracize trolls. The whole point of trolls is to get you into a frenzy.

Your responses or lack thereof won't change anything. Members will continue to post ignorance on a plethora of levels. And the only thing you will successfully do is cause the site to spiral downward into an argumentative, ignorant, pointed, bitchfest, which will scare away most of the members who DON'T come here to throw around their opinion.

Message boards/forums are microcosms of the world. Like the world, they are composed of people with divergent backgrounds, ideas, beliefs, and views from very different places. And like the world, humans are still to primitive to behave without law or some level of governing.

A world without law would be anarchic apocalypse.

Similarly, a forum being a microcosm and reflection of society, would suffer the same fate without law and governing.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think HaagenDazs is right.

Snoozan, I'm not saying discussion isn't good.. it is. But this site turns into nonsensical babblings because people don't get THEIR way.. or THEY don't like something. It's silly and THAT is why I don't post a lot anymore.

Just because I'm not in the bullshit doesn't mean I'm not sitting back watching it.