Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I wasnt being a hyprocrite because i was NOT an avid thread creator on one particular board. There are many here who only read one or two boards especially in the ETC forum.

It goes much further than yoga hun. Like i said, if Marley admits to getting a little crazy, why are you so bent out of shape? The guy is having some personal issues that sparked his recent change around here. I actually looked through his post history to see if maybe i was crazy for even noticing his change in behavior.

I have a lot more compassion for people like this than you do. It was for the concern of others around here who noticed my change in behavior that helped me get back on track. People do notice when one person changes.

I'm not an attention whore around here. But i do post a lot, mostly in others threads about issues that i have knowledge about or care about. I hide a lot more in the shadows, you just happen to hide a lot more than i do so your opinion is relative.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has anyone told you that you are an ass? If not, they've been way too nice to you. Or maybe they were just being neutral.

Why am I an ass? Because I don't see things your way, and I called you out inconsistency and pettiness? LOL!

Or were you just reminding me of my Democratic support.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Actually scroll down from that post. I did a little more elaborating. You were being an ass because you try to throw up something from months ago before i took a break from this place. I think many here can attest for my more positive contributions here since then.

I think your opinion about me was already made up prior to all of this and its all coming out now, it seems quite obvious.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Are you seriously making this about how i don't see things the way you do? I think you are more bothered by variance in opinion than anyone else in this thread by how much you reference it as a problem.

I participate in multiple posts where i dont agree with the posters and they don't agree with me, it rarely turns ugly.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You all are the one who made it about a particular poster. *snip*
And YES, message boards ARE a microcosm. When did I ever say this particular message board. I said MESSAGE BOARDS, period. ALL MESSAGE BOARDS. Do you know what a microcosm is?
*snip*

Yes - but my comment was directed at Notthe7's little America comment - I have for the most part been skipping or, at best, flicking my eyes over your posts because you are getting your panties in a knot over something you claim not ot have an opinion on. I see you as, at best, confused or perhaps disingenuous.

I did not make it about a particular poster - I tried very hard not to, I'm still trying to steer it away from that and make it about the fact that the rules appear to have changed so that we are not allowed, in anyway shape or form, have an opinion on a fellow member (other than "nice *insert body part here*" Yes, yes, I get it :rolleyes:).

I think that means by proxy you've bathed with No_Strings, you big homo.

:clit:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
MB, all those zapped threads were from various posters lastnight. Nothing pisses me off more than being prepared to reply to some topic and the button is RED. One guy got his last word in just as the Mod closed it, i thought that was kind of funny.

Post as if this one will be your last. I almost feel like the mods are laughing at us by not even closing this one. Just to watch us get paranoid.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually scroll down from that post. I did a little more elaborating. You were being an ass because you try to throw up something from months ago before i took a break from this place. I think many here can attest for my more positive contributions here since then.

I think your opinion about me was already made up prior to all of this and its all coming out now, it seems quite obvious.

LOL. Not too much on the psychoanalyzing, FrUed. My opinion about you is far from made up. I rarely post on this site to be having strong opinions or concrete opinions about any poster.

And actually I agree with your opinion very often. And in many threads we've agreed. I have no ill will towards you, nor do I have anything bad to think about you.

I just think in this particular instance, you were being petty. And I brought up your past not to throw it in your face, but to demonstrate that it a bit hypocritical for you to cite someone else's "hyper posting" or "attention seeking" threads, when you've done the same thing be it presently or formerly. Is it being an ass to point out truth?

And when this thread is over, I will not have any resentment toward you, nor have a negative idea of you. I think it's possible for us all to be petty and hypocritical at times. We're all only human. I have been petty and hypocritical in the past as well.

And it's possible to disagree with someone without thinking negatively of them. So my "mind isn't made up" about you in a negative way, per your inference. As I said, I'm not on this site anywhere near the time it takes to have an "opinion" about you that would be set in stone.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
MB, all those zapped threads were from various posters lastnight. Nothing pisses me off more than being prepared to reply to some topic and the button is RED. One guy got his last word in just as the Mod closed it, i thought that was kind of funny.

Post as if this one will be your last. I almost feel like the mods are laughing at us by not even closing this one. Just to watch us get paranoid.

Or maybe you just are paranoid.

I don't think we should post as if the thread was about to be closed. I think we should post like we are have a reasonable discussion.

But then that's how I always try to post, in a serious discussion anyway.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes - but my comment was directed at Notthe7's little America comment - I have for the most part been skipping or, at best, flicking my eyes over your posts because you are getting your panties in a knot over something you claim not ot have an opinion on. I see you as, at best, confused or perhaps disingenuous.

I did not make it about a particular poster - I tried very hard not to, I'm still trying to steer it away from that and make it about the fact that the rules appear to have changed so that we are not allowed, in anyway shape or form, have an opinion on a fellow member (other than "nice *insert body part here*" Yes, yes, I get it :rolleyes:).

Well if it was about Notthe7's comment, then you should have said that. The fact is you said "this site is not a microcosm of anything" and I was the only poster in this thread to say "the site is a microcosm". You can't blame me for your non-specific comment.

And I think we're past Marley now. I already discussed the "having an opinion" about a member And as I said, the site can't control you having an opinion about a member. BUt when you create threads to complain about a member, and the grounds of that thread are petty and pathetic, the thread deserves to be snatched.

And that goes for anyone, not just Marley. If you make a thread complaining and bitching about a person, make sure your complaints and bitching are based on relative offense, real offense, something ethically wrong, or something breaking the TOS. Not because they post alot and want attention. That's why the threads got snatched. And that's why you were left to moan and cry in this one.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well this thread is about posts disappearing. It isnt entirely off track to be concerned about this one disappearing too.

As for HaagenDazs, i will take what you've said to heart and consider what i say about others posting styles in the future. In the big scheme of things, sure it might seem petty, but for some LPSG is the big scheme of things.

A lot of people held back from talking about it publicly, so there are only a few remarks here that agree with mine. I think even more hold back because they don't want to get banned or given demerrits for their opinion, albiet petty to some.

The real topic at hand is- just because a post seems petty- is it violating the TOS?

This is a slippery slope, all opinions can be viewed as petty or offensive and thusly handled. Or they could be allowed to run rampent and also ruin the face of the forum.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well this thread is about posts disappearing. It isnt entirely off track to be concerned about this one disappearing too.

As for HaagenDazs, i will take what you've said to heart and consider what i say about others posting styles in the future. In the big scheme of things, sure it might seem petty, but for some LPSG is the big scheme of things.

A lot of people held back from talking about it publicly, so there are only a few remarks here that agree with mine. I think even more hold back because they don't want to get banned or given demerrits for their opinion, albiet petty to some.

The real topic at hand is- just because a post seems petty- is it violating the TOS?

This is a slippery slope, all opinions can be viewed as petty or offensive and thusly handled. Or they could be allowed to run rampent and also ruin the face of the forum.

I don't think the threads you guys made violated the TOS.

I just think the mods wanted to take them off before they got to that point.

Some folks are saying the threads were getting to the point, or that certain users may have wanted to STEER the threads to that point.

I'm not sure. But that's just my opinion.

I'm off to see Iron Man

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
And that goes for anyone, not just Marley. If you make a thread complaining and bitching about a person, make sure your complaints and bitching are based on relative offense, real offense, something ethically wrong, or something breaking the TOS. Not because they post alot and want attention. That's why the threads got snatched. And that's why you were left to moan and cry in this one.

Did you read all the threads, in their entirety?

I didn't get a chance to. The threads I did see did not, in my opinion, break the ToS. Prep claims they were harassment and that is what the mods have decided. I don't expect them to undo their decision or even to further explain it even. I do think it's healthy for the opinions of the membership (that care to read this) to be given voice to on the topic of 'any thread about another member is harassment', which seems to be way the administration views it at the moment.

I haven't noticed much moaning and crying in this thread yet - I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, fuck that.

I meant exactly what I said...unmoderated. Illegal content aside, the contributing members hold the power to ostracize the ignorant, racist, flame-baiting fucktard trolls through their responses...or lack thereof.

Worked well for a long time, even when the site first began to be moderated.

I can't understand how people believe they have the right to tell people how to post, to call someone on stuff they've done themselves, or think they are in a position to question the moderation and administration of the site for trying to squash bullshit before it happens.

I believe I can post what I want when I want as long as I do not break any rules. I believe that since I was one of the original moderators, heloed craft the system in its original state, and have worked closely as a moderator with many who are current moderators that I know how some of them think and can judge for myself when I smell bullshit.

Also--historically--people who start a million threads as day have never been received well here or on ANY message board I have ever been a member of.

Exactly. Which is why long, long ago we had both appreciation threads and not so nice posts/threads when members get annoyed at one another. I think it's pretty clear from the administration that it's not okay to self-police by talking at or about each others' posting styles anymore. I'm not sure anymore what it's okay to talk about here.

And rich discourse cannot happen when people feel this way.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't post quite enough to know the general moderation tendencies, but I might discontinue any more long conversations that are good if such as what happened with naughty telling us the very good thread by hotbtminla ought to end. Maybe you are talking more about actually ended threads and closing them off, but I'm also used to some extremely strict art boards, in which you are out if you use even a single dirty work or any finger-pointing. This is because the nature of the board doesn't have time for it, can't support it, and it is good practice. A moderated LPSG board is probably necessary given that this is going to attract every sort plus many true crazies. I am just saying (and was not responded to here before because people have gotten involved in this in a heated way which is par for the course, although I don't find this one that exciting) that some of the mods don't read the threads through even if they say they do, or they then decide they 'don't like them' based on flimsy reasoning. This is what I believe snoozan and lex were talking about just now as not allowing rich discourse. Because if I'm ever on another good exchange with Rubi, DCDeep and others, and one of the mods comes in and says 'I hate that this thread is continuing', I would just never bother with serious discussion on this board.

OTOH, I would post a Goodbye Thread only if someone gets improperly banned...as i thought poor goddess38DD had been, until I realized she couldn't have written even that BAD poetry she posted when she was trying to do a little soliciting....

Oh, who gives a flying fuck...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Worked well for a long time, even when the site first began to be moderated.

I believe I can post what I want when I want as long as I do not break any rules. I believe that since I was one of the original moderators, heloed craft the system in its original state, and have worked closely as a moderator with many who are current moderators that I know how some of them think and can judge for myself when I smell bullshit.

Also--historically--people who start a million threads as day have never been received well here or on ANY message board I have ever been a member of.

And rich discourse cannot happen when people feel this way.

There is much truth in this, most especially the paragraph I highlighted.

Truth is, Message Boards are virtual communities. Some people will stop by, find much they like, and become respected members of these communities over time, provided they post with intelligence, humor and perspective.

Others seem much more like party crashers who insinuate themselves into being the center of attention without having any real awareness of the personalities and situational contexts they seem so intent on dominating.

It's poor form and bad manners when this happens, and generally they are reminded of such quickly enough by the consensus of the community.

Removing the threads seems (to me) something of an over-reach, but I'm an Anarchist who has found that water eventually finds its own level anyway.