I have a secret

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lucky8, Oct 22, 2008.

1. lucky8

Gold Member

Yup...I've been keeping a secret from you guys. When I was younger, I found a dinosaur. It turns out it's a new species, and it is now named after me. Cool huh? I wanted to name it big-dickasaurus, but that didn't fly. I'd give you the name but I'd be risking exposing my identity. Not only is it a new species, but it is also the oldest, most complete specimen ever found of this particular genus. It is also the youngest, as in the age it was when it died, of this particular genus ever found. It is now displayed in a museum. Here's what it looks like: http://www.piinc.biz/images/dino/Dino%20pics/mosasaur1.jpg

Scary huh? Imagine that fucker swimmin next to you on a Saturday morning. I'd shit a brick. ​

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

allright, lucky!:beerchug2:

(and who thought he was just another pretty ,,, um, face!)

#2 B_Nick4444, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Very cool.

Was it the end of the line or is there any indication that this species is an evolutionary link to something we might recognize today?

4. Principessa

Gold Member

Looks like the ancestor to the alligator or the crocodile. And yes, I would pee myself if that swam up next to me. This is why I hate swimming in lakes, rivers, oceans, etc.

5. lucky8

Gold Member

Not sure. I know it developed into several other species under the same genus, but I don't know if it evolved into anything we see today. It kind of resembles alligators and crocs, so maybe they share some common history.

6. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is the coolest thing I've seen all day. I hope you make it in a history book. What lineage of dinosaur is it from. Completely evolved or what? I'm curious.

The only I ever found was a frog and it died because we left it in the sun too long and poked it too much...no pun intended, but that's how it died, lol.

7. D_Amyntas Lillydong

D_Amyntas Lillydong Account Disabled

It's a reptile. Where did you find it?

8. unique_exposure

unique_exposure New Member

Albums:
    Congrats lucky.
    He looks like a major bad ass.
    I like his tail.

9. SR_Manny Manparts

SR_Manny Manparts New Member

did they compensate you?!!

10. lucky8

Gold Member

Found it in the limestone fields of western KS. It's a mosasaur, that's as much as I'm going to give away. I was not compensated because we donated it in the name of science in hopes people would study it and come up with a conclusion about it's origins. 10 years later, they did. Since its allegedly the oldest mosasuar ever found, it's suspected that it was one of the first of its kind. Dated between 95-100 million years ago. It died in a fight with another dino, there are scratches from teeth marks all over the fossils, and the last 2 feet of tail were never found, probably because it got eaten. No one could figure out what it was when we first donated it, so there wouldn't have been much compensation anyways. A tax write off is always good though.

11. cockoloco

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is amazing! I'm glad that you shared this with us!

Draft saved Draft deleted