Media
Sexuality
No Response

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
good luck nay-nay. i went on a diet last year for two months and lost a lot of weight off my waist and face. i did hardly any excercise too. my diet was basically salad with tuna or small amount of ham for lunch, and then a low fat meal for dinner. the most important thing was that i didn't snack on anything other than fruit or veg. i also avoided alcohol for two whole months (the first night i began drinking again was not enjoyable!).

hope you get where you want to, all it takes is a little will power :)

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh yes - eat a red pepper and a handful off spinach a day, it'll boost your metabolism big time so your working out does more (even when you rest you can burn more calories) ;)

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The main reason I weigh alot is because I eat alot. I think if I eat alot less, I would lose alot of weight. I used to be 5'9" and weighed 130 pounds. I was very athletic and I was able to eat whatever I wanted and I wouldn't gain. I was still losing because I worked out so much (most of the time not even purposely doing it). I didn't used to drive anywhere. I'd ride my bike wherever I needed to go, or I'd walk to the other side of town to my friend's house, and then we'd walk to the high school and run a mile or two, then walk back to her house and hang out for the day, then I'd walk back home (which was about a mile away from her house). I used to swim alot, rollerblade, play basketball. I started getting depressed after my grandpa died. It hit me pretty hard because my grandparents raised me and my brothers on and off. My parents were always out doing drugs and partying. I stopped exercising altogether and I started eating ALOT. I used to go on binges, but I NEVER made myself throw up. I didn't realise that I had an eating disorder til about a month or two ago. It's called Excessive Overeating. I haven't gone on a binge for a couple of years, mainly because I don't have a car anymore to do so, or a job. I used to eat supper with the family, and then I'd tell them I was going to a friend's house. Instead, I would go to any fast food place (usually McDonalds since you can get more food for your money), buy a couple of meals, and then I'd go park where I wouldn't be seen and just force myself to eat ALL of it, no matter how stuffed I was. I also learned the faster you eat, the more you can eat. Sometimes I'd even go on a gravel road and eat if I couldn't find a place to park where I wouldn't be seen. Sometimes I would sneak out of the house after everyone was in bed and go to McDonalds. I usually ate at McDonalds three times a day, no matter what, for a year. It's tempting to do it sometimes when I'm upset, but since I haven't done it in a while, I can resist the urge.

In doing all that, I gained 75 pounds in just a year. I now weigh about 230 pounds, which is 100 pounds more than I did when I was active. I am the same height.

I just REALLY need to make a positive change in my life because I don't like the path that I have chosen to go down. I have already had to get tested for diabetes, so that was really scary. It runs in the family on my mom's side. My mom has it, so do some of her siblings (she has 10 of them!), both of her parents, plus other relatives. My grandpa went blind from it and his body started to rot alive before he passed away! :eek: My grandma has to take insulin, my mom takes all kinds of pills. I just don't want to end up with that disease.

I've had a pretty rough life, and I'm just sick of being depressed and feeling worthless and FAT, not being able to move around as well as I used to. I have no confidence or self esteem when I go places like the store. I would rather just stay home where no one can see me. When I am out, I'm EXTREMELY paranoid and even feel anxiety b/c of the way I look. Plus I haven't been around people in a while. I've been holed up in the house.

It's sooooo hard to stay motivated to keep at it. What's motivating me is my mom is coming to visit in February. I know I won't lose a drastic amount of weight, but enough to see a difference by then. My body is so sore, but I love it. :cool:

I haven't gone out and drank for a long time. I used to be a huge partier and I could outdrink all my friends. They'd all be puking their guts out and I'd just be feeling a buzz. Was pretty bad. BUT...I had my turning point. So I'm not worried about the booze. Hehe. I go out once in a while. I just don't want to spiral out of control again.

Red pepper and spinach. Haha. Thanks. That sounds gross, but probably pays off. :wink:

At this point, I don't have access to any facilities because I'm without a vehicle and job. I plan to apply to some places on Monday, and I guess I could always borrow my dad's truck. I think this DVD is going to work though. Wow. I haven't sweated this much in a veryyyy long time. I felt like I was going to puke a couple of times, so I had to take a break for a couple of minutes.

I just need somewhere to vent. I don't feel like putting it in a blog or anything because I don't want people I know to see it, so I decided to make a thread on here. Any tips or even motivation will be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I'll be replying to this thread alot. :smile:

Here's my body before: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/denae/Denae/denae2.jpg

THAT IS MY GOAL!

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nay-nay,
Yes indeed, even without the ED you described, depression and getting out of shape is a kind of downward spiral. They contribute to each other as you spiral down. So naturally, lots of excercise can at least get you out of that part of it.

On top of that, though, you have depression and an ED. Do you think the ED part will disappear if you start excercising? I find that when I do excercise, my eating habits change completely to where I don't overeat at meals, and I snack on fruit. Whereas, when I am stressed and not excercising, I eat lots of comfort food. Its another kind of downward spiral.

Good luck and don't be afraid to keep talking about it here. I know almost all of us can relate to this.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Well good luck and I hope that you get the results that you desire. Don't give up when one things doesn't seem to be going right for you. We are here to give you positive reinforcement if you so need. :)

OPPinSLC

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go for it nay-nay, it sounds like you are starting off right. Just remember that you are going to be hungry, don't fall for those fad diets. Find an exercise program that you can stay with. Don't get discouraged, but keep at it. You can do it!

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thats GREAT NEWS Nay-Nay...

When beginning, the overall wealth of information can be intimidating and confusing, so be patient.

I would recommend these things right off the bat:

1) Portion control- Cut the amounts that you eat each meal. Ideally, you want about 3-5 SMALL meals per day of decent nutritional value.

2) Exercises- Learn the compound-joint movements with weights (the mechanics), and lift 2-4 times per week. Cardiovascular conditioning is important as well, also 2-4 times per week. When these two things are combined...you will be amazed. Designate 1 or 2 days per week of complete rest from working out.

3) Take one day at a time with workouts. MAKE SHORT TERM GOALS! I can't emphasize that enough. Fitness is a habit that can be easily learned and kept once it becomes routine.

4) Do NOT go on some more extreme diet right off the bat. Pick up the exercise habit first, before you tinker with your diet too much.

5) WATER, WATER, AND MORE WATER. Carry with you and drink it periodically throughout the day (rather than a ton at once).

6) Get a good multi-vitamin and mineral supplement and take it daily. THOUSANDS of proper biochemical reactions in your body require the vitamins and minerals. A secondary incentive with these is having neon-green piss :)

...OB

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
start exercising! I need to get back in shape and be more healthy. I bought this beginners DVD by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser. Man is it hard, and it definetely works! :eek: It's going to be hard, but I'm sure I'll get the results I want. :biggrin1: When I do, I'll post before and after pics.

Jilian Michaels Store - Jillian Michaels for Beginners - Frontside / Backside

:cool:
I get worried when you say stuff like "it definitely works" and "I'm sure I'll get the results I want" if you are referring to the DVD. I mean you don't want to get into a cycle of being really excited about exercise, then be a little disappointed and give up and gain the weight back.

I look at exercise and eating right like investing money. It's pretty boring and it takes a while to see the results. You have to focus on the long-term. It can be boring at times, but it's just something you have to get in the habit of doing. You are still young, so it will be a lot easier than someone older.

It seems like you realize that when you are under emotional stress you don't eat well. Now that you realize that don't do that anymore. Try to channel those feelings into your exercise and commitment to a good diet.

Good luck with it!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Go baby!

(I thought this was another 'I've decided to leave' thread).

I'm going to buy a bike next month and cycle every day like I used to. That's all you need. Either that or swimming but I don't like swimming.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks everyone for your support! means alot to me and i really appreciate it. :biggrin1: *hugs for everyone*

i realise it's not just about exercise, but proper diet as well. it's a lifestyle change, and i'm ready to take it on.

my body is sore. i haven't been eating so much junk. i stocked up on raw fruits and veggies. i'd like to have that stuff around for when i crave something. it's been a little tough b/c sometimes i just want a fudge bar or something. haha. :tongue: i also talked to my dad about it and told him that i started my workout routing and want to eat more healthy and he's all for it, so that's awesome. :cool: he's been really supportive of it.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Try to get through the cravings for sweets. They say once you stop eating them for a few weeks you stop craving them. Good luck again. :smile:

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been so far. I know it isn't going to be easy, but I know I can do it.

I'm also going to look for a job tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that.