I have some questions to ask.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_spiker067, Jan 23, 2009.

1. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

I have some questions to ask.

1) Why are moslems moving to Europe?

2) Why are minorities when asked more interested in the white ideal of beauty?

3) Why is it when I was younger and spic tinted I went all over the north of America and found little racism, but now that there are more spics (and blacks) I personally encounter/witness more racism from whites.

4) Why did more exposure to spics and blacks make whites more racist?

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

not sure that's the case

3. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

No, I know it's subjective, but I was raised white (as was Obama). I get white culture more than I get spic culture (and yet I get them both).

I talk to white people easily and I know racism gets worse with more exposure and I know why - crime mostly and then poor education. As far as the exposure northern whites had of me it has been over the course of my lifetime of child, young adult, adult. Most racism I've seen was as a witness and not as a recipient.

I think if the new culture assimilates the racism levels go down but cultures don't always assimilate. I know diversity is good but large infusions of new cultures are not.

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

recent German elections show racist parties enjoy higher levels of support, precisely as a reaction against Muslim immigration

the UK, like the USA, pursuing a lib policy, has issued laws compelling the acceptance of these immigrants, at the expense, many feel, of native UK citizens (just as the USA hate crime legislation has done)

Europe also shows the compromise between its civic culture, and the accommodation of these immigrants:
    see, the biographies of Oriana Fallaci

e.g., fom Wikpedia:
    Oriana Fallaci (29 June 1929[1] - 15 September 2006) was an Italian journalist, author, and political interviewer. A former partisan during World War II, she had a long and successful journalistic career.

Controversy

In recent years, she received much public attention for her controversial comments on Islam and European Muslims. This point of view was expressed in two bestselling books, The Rage and The Pride (initially a four-page article in Corriere della Sera, the major national newspaper in Italy) and The Force of Reason. Both agreement and disagreements have been published on Italian newspapers (among which La Repubblica and Corriere della Sera had series of articles) as well as David Holcberg at the Ayn Rand Institute supported her cause with a letter to The Washington Times.[6]
    Fallaci received support in Italy, where her books have sold over one million copies, but also from individuals and organisations in the rest of the world.[7][8] At the first European Social Forum, which was held in Florence in November 2002, Fallaci invited the people of Florence to cease commercial operations and stay home. Furthermore, she compared the ESF to the Nazi occupation of Florence. Protest organizers declared "We have done it for Oriana, because she hasn't spoken in public for the last 12 years, and hasn't been laughing in the last 50".[9]
    In 2002 in Switzerland the Islamic Center and the Somal Association of Geneva, SOS Racisme of Lausanne, along with a private citizen, sued her for the allegedly "racist" content of The Rage and The Pride.[10][11] In November 2002 a Swiss judge issued an arrest warrant for violations of article 261 and 261 bis of the Swiss criminal code and requested the Italian government to either try or extradite or prosecute her. Roberto Castelli, Italian minister of Justice rejected the request on the grounds that the Constitution of Italy protects freedom of speech and thus the extradition request was to be rejected.[12]
    In May 2005, Adel Smith, president of the Union of Italian Muslims, launched a lawsuit against Fallaci charging that "some of the things she said in her book The Force of Reason are offensive to Islam." Smith's attorney, cited a phrase from the book that refers to Islam as "a pool that never purifies." Consequently an Italian judge ordered her to stand trial set for June 2006 in Bergamo on charges of "defaming Islam." A previous prosecutor had sought dismissal of the charges. The preliminary trial began on 12 June in Bergamo and on 25 June Judge Beatrice Siccardi decided that Oriana Fallaci should indeed stand trial beginning on 18 December.[13] Fallaci accused the judge of having disregarded the fact that Smith called for her murder and defamed Christianity.[14]
    On 3 June 2005, Fallaci published on the front page of the Italian daily newspaper a highly controversial article entitled "Noi Cannibali e i figli di Medea" ("We cannibals and Medea's offspring") inviting women not to vote for a public referendum about artificial insemination that was held on June 12 and 13, 2006.[15]
    On 27 August 2005, Fallaci had a private audience with Pope Benedict XVI at Castel Gandolfo. Although an atheist, Fallaci reportedly had great respect for Pope Benedict XVI and expressed admiration for his 2004 essay titled "If Europe Hates Itself".[16][17]

5. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

The funny thing is that racist have to become involved in the whole thing. Without them rationalist could prevail simply with statistics and common sense explanation of the truth. And alternative solutions to long pressing problems could be worked out.

People are not haters So when the conservative minds, which tend to be the xenophobic haters show up on the scene they alienate the center-right, center, center-left, and left into tossing their hating, violent spasms into jail. Go figure.

Interesting story you provided in how Islam is holding Europeans hostage. At some point their is going to be an explosion because as tolerant as Europe would be, Islam is not reciprocally tolerant. In order to avoid violence today the liberals are simply turning up the heat on the pressure cooker so that something that could be relatively easily fixed with legislation has a greater chance of becoming disastrous. Either that or the people will have to lose their religion, especially the muslims since Christian Europe is for the most part non-existent.

#5 B_spiker067, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. Jason

Gold Member

QUESTION ONE

Britain has a substantial moslem community, the largest single group from Pakistan. The majority of migrants to Britain are economic migrants. Typically such migrants work hard contributing to the British economy, and taken as a whole have for many years had a positive effect on Britain.

7. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

But why don't they stay in Pakistan and do the same and thereby improve Pakistan? You could argue Britain is taking the best Pakistanis and leaving the not so bright or hard working to Pakistan.

And why does Britain actually feel compelled to accept Pakistani immigrants? Why does the west accept such large number of permanent immigrants? What is the point?

8. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Not much mystery there.
    Immigrants are needed because the birth rate in the UK and most Western countries is too low.
    The UK's birthrate is 1.64 births per woman, far below the population replacement rate.
    So immigrants are welcomed to make up the shortfall.
    Now why Pakistani immigrants?
    Well, Pakistan is in the Commonwealth, for one thing ... so there is some historical connection, even though admission to the UK is no longer as simple for citizens of Commonwealth countries as it used to be.
    There is also a highly educated segment among the Pakistani population, and educated immigration applicants, I believe, are given some preference.
    (An equally good question, spiker: Why not Pakistani immigrants?)

9. superbot

Gold Member

As a proud Englishman,I can see both good and bad aspects of our governments policy on immigration.I am not unduly concerned, as some, about being overwhelmed by foreign nationals as they only make up a tiny pecentage of the population(about 5%) and most are committed to being good British citizens.What does concern me is the tendancy amongst some young Muslims,usually male, to 'rubbish' this nations values and to think that they should be able to force Islamic ideals on the rest of us even though 95% of Britons are white and not of their faith.The message is simple,do push too hard at peoples tolerance,or acceptance then swiftly becomes anger......

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

]I have some questions to ask.

1) Why are moslems moving to Europe?

Better quality of life... better paying jobs... nationalized Healthcare.

2) Why are minorities when asked more interested in the white ideal of beauty?

Advertising and entertainment presents attractive whites surrounded by the trappings of health and success.
    Minorities conflate the one, with the other.

3) Why is it when I was younger and spic tinted I went all over the north of America and found little racism, but now that there are more spics (and blacks) I personally encounter/witness more racism from whites.

When you were younger, you were stupider and less aware of your surroundings. Less attuned to the nuances of others' behavior and communication. As you got older, you had experiences that changed your perception to be more sensitive to certain things.
    But you have no evidence that your greater sensitivity is accurate.

Chances are, when you were younger you were oblivious to a much more pernicious racism.... as you got older, you became far more sensitized to a racism that has, actually, become far less overt.

4) Why did more exposure to spics and blacks make whites more racist?
    It didn't.
    Quite the opposite, in fact. Elections results, music sales, and ticket sales to movies starring blacks as leading men and women have shown that white racism has declined dramatically over the past 40 years.

However, over that same time frame... minority racism toward whites has become far more vocal and is far more tolerated than in the past.

Blacks and hispanics can trash talk whites with impunity. Whites showing similar behavior would lose their jobs.

There may be a certain backlash of whites, who really are not racist, nevertheless being ACCUSED of being racists all the time by various minorities.

Part of what made the election of Obama so moving to blacks was the total surprise. Because most blacks ASSUME whites are more racist than they are, they Assumed that Obama would not win.

What Obama's overwhelming victory showed was that whites in America today are not nearly as racist as blacks generally assume.

Whites are certainly awkward about race... still defensive and fumbling because they are so often accused of racism that they do not know HOW to act.

But that is largely the result of blacks who are sensitized to racism to the point of Imagining racism as the reason behind every little slight or affront.

It IS POSSIBLE to be pulled over for SPEEDING... and your race to have nothing whatsoever to do with it... but being pulled over ONCE for what seems a racial reason is enough to make you suspect it in every subsequent experience.

Slavery and Southern segregation was a horrific wound to this nation...

But sometimes an old wound LOOKS a lot worse than it really is. The election of Obama was like the scab falling off and suddenly revealing that without our really noticing, healing was going on under the surface.

Anyone who imagines that racism is worse is suffering from subjective bias.
    By every objective measure, white America is less concerned about color than ever before.

Still a long way to go... but progress ought to be applauded.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

PS- Europe has seen a large influx of racial diversity in the past 30 years... in a large sense, this cultural mixing is creating a fairly NEW problem for European countries that they do not have a lot of experience with.

In some European countries the demands of multiculturalism are galling and have sparked a reaction against immigrants...

But in the US, things have never looked better as regards race relations.

Draft saved Draft deleted