I heard a term the other day i had not heard before.

"Body shaming", I turned the tele on before I went to work while having my breaky, you know those morning shows where they sit around listening to their own voices and gossiping.

The woman presenter was tearing a young female model a new one because she had posted pics of her bod in a kini on her facebook page, not degrading anyone else, just being a little proud of what she had. Yet the presenter labelled her a "body shamer".

If the model had of been posting nasty comments, ok, I personally thought the comment was out of order. Maybe I did not see the whole segment. It's just a term I think that could become a bullying tactic.

Reactions: 6inchcock

Hi vibes

I will officially body shame you so as not to feel left out

"Your knees look hideous and your ankles are bony" (I can't really see them but that's not important)

Hi vibes

I will officially body shame you so as not to feel left out

"Your knees look hideous and your ankles are bony" (I can't really see them but that's not important)
Hey 6, where have you been hiding old fella? :)

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
ed3.jpg

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

OMG OMG I'm sick reading these comments :( FUCK those people. Fat lazy slobs. All haters. Every single one of those guys wishes they could have 1% of the motivation to look like that guy, and have the nerve to even think they could have sex with a goddess like this woman in the photo. Talk about a bunch of petrified, scared losers! Steroids? Not needed to look like that. Clearly the general public (and all these people are surely American) does not understand what working out can do, or what you can wind up looking like if you are committed. Nailz I'm glad you shared this because it just shows how horrible people can be.

Now the original comment on the photo is "think twice before you eat that candy bar." A bit of shaming I'll admit. However, EVERYONE should think twice before eating a candy bar, regardless of the fact if you work out or not.

I think both of these people are hot and sexy and I am proud of the work they put in.

My wife is about as thin as you can get right now. Skin is very tight and no fat is under it at all. It is from chemo and radiation for oral cancer last year, and not starvation/anorexia or working out, etc. She used to train in the gym hard, lifting more than a lot of guys could, and worked to become a figure model to compete in bodybuilding shows. She couldn't handle the dieting and we didn't hire a nutritionist so she never competed, but man her muscles were pretty amazing! So she still has a lot of muscle tone, even though the two surgeries and subsequent chemo/radiation treatments kept her on a feeding tube for 6 straight months. She has since bounced back 100%, going to the gym again and trying to gain weight that is healthy and not bad (although she eats more than me now!)

She's like 5' nothing and about 95 lbs. Small and tiny. She looks great though, abs, tight body, etc. She looks like a spinner or runner now. However, when we're out people stare not really at her but at ME. Why? I think people see me and think "that guy is starving her!" Plus she has a major scar from ear to ear on her neck from two neck dissections for lymph node sampling. So people see that and then look at me and I get the look like "what did he DO to her?!?!" Fucking judgmental assholes. People are like "I know she's healthy and all, but she's just SO skinny." Well sorry, she's doing everything she can. If you saw how much butter and carbs I give her every day you'd probably say "OMG you're killing her with that diet!!"

How can we win in today's world? No one is safe. If you are obese/overweight, you get dissed and hated on. If you are fit and toned/ripped you get shamed and dissed. Why should a girl work out so hard only to be called a man? Why should I guy work out so hard only to be accused of steroid use?

At the end of the day we don't care much about people. She has more energy now than she has in almost 20 years and I do too and when we're home we fuck like there's no tomorrow ;) Maybe people just need to fuck more, we think that's a lot of the problem with society: no one is fucking anymore!!!

Ok end rant, sorry to bore y'all with a long story :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Those comments are ridiculous. I have a friend who is a body builder, and she's heard those things and more. There isn't one right way to look, and one doesn't have to have no life to look just like them. While that level of core definition isn't something to which I aspire, if she's happy, I'm proud of her achievement. Whatever happened to being happy for each other?

Reactions: techpump and 950483

Throughout my life, whatever my body has looked like at the time, there have always been people who want to tell me I shouldn't wear a bikini, or that there is something wrong with my body. This has always happened, whether I looked a bit muscular, pregnant, overweight and breastfeeding, and even when my body was like that of a bikini model.

Fuck 'em.

Luckily I have never cared much about what other people think. I'm 37 now, and what I would like everyone to know, particularly younger women, is that all of these shit body shaming comments have nothing at all to do with what you look like.

How many of the comments in Nailz's post are directed at the man? That's because men are not judged by their appearance in the same way, or viewed as a commodity.

I'll still be wearing a bikini in my 70's :p.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
OMG OMG I'm sick reading these comments :( FUCK those people. Fat lazy slobs. All haters. Every single one of those guys wishes they could have 1% of the motivation to look like that guy, and have the nerve to even think they could have sex with a goddess like this woman in the photo. Talk about a bunch of petrified, scared losers! Steroids? Not needed to look like that. Clearly the general public (and all these people are surely American) does not understand what working out can do, or what you can wind up looking like if you are committed. Nailz I'm glad you shared this because it just shows how horrible people can be.

Now the original comment on the photo is "think twice before you eat that candy bar." A bit of shaming I'll admit. However, EVERYONE should think twice before eating a candy bar, regardless of the fact if you work out or not.

I think both of these people are hot and sexy and I am proud of the work they put in.

My wife is about as thin as you can get right now. Skin is very tight and no fat is under it at all. It is from chemo and radiation for oral cancer last year, and not starvation/anorexia or working out, etc. She used to train in the gym hard, lifting more than a lot of guys could, and worked to become a figure model to compete in bodybuilding shows. She couldn't handle the dieting and we didn't hire a nutritionist so she never competed, but man her muscles were pretty amazing! So she still has a lot of muscle tone, even though the two surgeries and subsequent chemo/radiation treatments kept her on a feeding tube for 6 straight months. She has since bounced back 100%, going to the gym again and trying to gain weight that is healthy and not bad (although she eats more than me now!)

She's like 5' nothing and about 95 lbs. Small and tiny. She looks great though, abs, tight body, etc. She looks like a spinner or runner now. However, when we're out people stare not really at her but at ME. Why? I think people see me and think "that guy is starving her!" Plus she has a major scar from ear to ear on her neck from two neck dissections for lymph node sampling. So people see that and then look at me and I get the look like "what did he DO to her?!?!" Fucking judgmental assholes. People are like "I know she's healthy and all, but she's just SO skinny." Well sorry, she's doing everything she can. If you saw how much butter and carbs I give her every day you'd probably say "OMG you're killing her with that diet!!"

How can we win in today's world? No one is safe. If you are obese/overweight, you get dissed and hated on. If you are fit and toned/ripped you get shamed and dissed. Why should a girl work out so hard only to be called a man? Why should I guy work out so hard only to be accused of steroid use?

At the end of the day we don't care much about people. She has more energy now than she has in almost 20 years and I do too and when we're home we fuck like there's no tomorrow ;) Maybe people just need to fuck more, we think that's a lot of the problem with society: no one is fucking anymore!!!

Ok end rant, sorry to bore y'all with a long story :)

How do you know what these people are thinking, if indeed they even are thinking?
I have a moment of empathy for partners of cancer patients. And other caregivers.

How do you know they aren't thinking how good you two look?
Or are actually thinking about quarterly taxes and babysitters?

Reactions: techpump

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do you know what these people are thinking, if indeed they even are thinking?
I have a moment of empathy for partners of cancer patients. And other caregivers.

How do you know they aren't thinking how good you two look?
Or are actually thinking about quarterly taxes and babysitters?

Hard to explain, it's like an "omg" kind of look, an off-putting sort of glance or stare. It might just be me, I'm a pretty sensitive guy. I don't know what they actually are thinking, but it's never anything that you would say "there's at least a bit of a smile or something positive/happy/proud/anything going on." Some people do have that "man y'all look good!" kind of thing going on, especially towards my wife :) but others they just have that "thing" going on.

Thanks very much for your empathy, being a caregiver is pretty fucking hard, even after the "care" part is over. Even after she was back at work and everything going great, it's still a lot of struggle, attention and care: working with her on getting her speech back, encouraging her to do anything in some of the most difficult ways ever, all those kinds of things. So I really, truly appreciate it!

Taxes...so true, it's on my mind for sure more than not! lol

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those comments are ridiculous. I have a friend who is a body builder, and she's heard those things and more. There isn't one right way to look, and one doesn't have to have no life to look just like them. While that level of core definition isn't something to which I aspire, if she's happy, I'm proud of her achievement. Whatever happened to being happy for each other?

Hell YES so much THIS^^^^^

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, "body shaming" underlies much of the advertising which is aimed at women--it's just a touch more subtle.

"Need to lose those ten pounds you can't seem to lose? Jenny Craig can do it for you in just three weeks!"

Or those which tell women that their natural bodies just aren't acceptable:
b4b18914e.jpg

Or the ongoing taunt that "girl, your breasts just aren't big enough" (but if you buy our bra, they'll look amazing!)
rs_634x950-141029112700-634.Victoria-Secret-Perfect-Body.jl.102914.jpg

Because, Heaven forbid, if your body doesn't control every male gaze you just as well stay hidden all summer long:
1430393641233.cached.jpg

Since we all know that a woman without a man has no real reason for being:
3083015_orig.jpg

Body shaming is part of our culture--at least for women. By increasing women's insecurities and challenging any belief that happiness is something which comes from within, instead of from the gaze and judgment of those around us, and promising women that if they just buy their products they'll be beautiful and all of their problems will go away, the men of Madison Avenue and Soho make their billions and billions. So is it any shock that this practice of making women feel bad about how they look has moved from our billboards and magazine pages to our social networking sites?

On one hand, I'm so grateful that I was born a male in this culture, but on the other, it pains me to know what my sisters have to endure each and every day.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
OMG OMG I'm sick reading these comments :( FUCK those people. Fat lazy slobs. All haters. Every single one of those guys wishes they could have 1% of the motivation to look like that guy, and have the nerve to even think they could have sex with a goddess like this woman in the photo. Talk about a bunch of petrified, scared losers! Steroids? Not needed to look like that. Clearly the general public (and all these people are surely American) does not understand what working out can do, or what you can wind up looking like if you are committed.

While the comments are gross and saturated with body shaming, so is this reply. Though I would expect to read replies that read similarly to yours in addition to ones that support the shaming of the two individuals in the pictures. So I can't say I am surprised.

I wish people learned how to express their opinions and preferences in a less hateful way. That alone would clean up more than half of the problems. In addition to helping people understand responding in a volatile manner is more likely than not only going to make things worse and further sustain the issue.

It does seem like a fair number of people did "like" the post at the time in which this screenshot was taken. So I would have to guess that not everyone disliked it. Instead the most hateful comments more likely than not go the recognition over any positive comments which again is another issue. While we all should be aware of negativity and not hide it. I do think positivity deserves a bit more of the spotlight.

Reactions: techpump