I just can't trust women anymore...

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
Well, as I previously stated, I'm young and naive. Hehe...

But, yeah, the women I know (even the strong ones) tend to hook up with those guys even when they say they're not attracted to them.

Though, I really want to emphasize that I did NOT mean to call you a liar. I was just stating my own experiences. Maybe I should have made that more clear. :smile:

And also... These guys who are the so called "players" aren't retard bimbo cocky dudes. Not the ones I'm refering too anyways. They're charismatic, charming, social people, and good at making conversation. They just have a lower ethical standard... Unfortunately, one does not automatically follow the other...

Okay I follow you. Do you see what I underlined? There is an art form to being able to know how to make conversations with women. Some of these men have taken the time to study women and know the exact words to say, the flexions, the appearance of caring that what she says is very important.

Also shows a sign of confidence. As mentioned in another thread earlier, women are very attracted to men with confidence. But I am sorry, that does not make it any easier for you.

But where men look at it as a "dick" thing women are going by how does he communicate with me, does he care to even bother to listen. That is what I call cruel to be able to play with one affections so easy.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To some Trust and Love are four letter words. Two of the most important words in the human language. Without them i think we as a species would no longer exist.

Experimental Member
Media
To some Trust and Love are four letter words. Two of the most important words in the human language. Without them i think we as a species would no longer exist.

It is impossible to go through life without trust: That is to be imprisoned in the worst cell of all, oneself.Graham Greene, The Ministry of Fear
The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.Henry L. Stimson
US politician (1867 - 1950)

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is impossible to go through life without trust: That is to be imprisoned in the worst cell of all, oneself.Graham Greene, The Ministry of Fear
The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.Henry L. Stimson

US politician (1867 - 1950)
This is true. It is also true that there is nothing more beautiful than two hearts beating as one. A permanent flame that burns forever.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If my gf cheats on me and I know it... I would gladly cheat back and leave her in no time when I get a new gf... Actually in the past 2-3 years I have never been alone ;) not even for 1 second... since when I finish with one I had anotherone already. But now I am happy.

My last gf didnt call me for 2 days or so. And she was at her aunt's house. She claims.. so, w/e she ran out of battery. I questioned her and she say the same thing over and over. Either way I took this into my own hands. I had 5 gf at the same time. :) And then fianlly getting tired of it, went down to 3 gf. Still hard to manage I drop the other 2... and later I got back with my previous gf... ( I ended the relationship with my ex (my main ex) I dont count the other ones) It is funny since in those days I make up the biggest lies ever. I didn't call one girl for a week and then I called her and told her I went to Bahamas... really big lie.
So, even though I never knew what happen with my ex, or if she was guilty or not. I could care less, she was 25 and I was 18 :) I was just braking the ice with her. She never knew I was with so many girls in the last 2 months of the relationship. I call that revenge, the sweetest thing.

Just for the record, I been loyal to my current gf :) . If she fucks up in any way, I will soon get my revenge which is pretty simple, and easy. THere is an older women who wants to fuck me badly..! bUT I wont because I am loyal to my gf.

Experimental Member
Media
This is true. It is also true that there is nothing more beautiful than two hearts beating as one. A permanent flame that burns forever.

Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.Blaise Pascal
French mathematician, physicist (1623 - 1662)

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow... A lot of good words of wisdom here.

Thanks for all the good advice! I really agree that distrusting people becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in the end. So I'm gonna take a chance and see where it goes!

I just listened to an audio program with Dr. Paul Dobransky, and he said something pretty cool as well...

"Your knowledge of animal instincts for attraction is what gets the first few hours of interest from a woman, but it's your character that keeps her glued to you for life."

So I guess there's a bit of truth in both sides of the coin. But one shouldn't emphasize one too much over the other, which is what I did...

Thanks for all the help!

Experimental Member
Media
If my gf cheats on me and I know it... I would gladly cheat back and leave her in no time when I get a new gf... Actually in the past 2-3 years I have never been alone ;) not even for 1 second... since when I finish with one I had anotherone already. But now I am happy.

My last gf didnt call me for 2 days or so. And she was at her aunt's house. She claims.. so, w/e she ran out of battery. I questioned her and she say the same thing over and over. Either way I took this into my own hands. I had 5 gf at the same time. :) And then fianlly getting tired of it, went down to 3 gf. Still hard to manage I drop the other 2... and later I got back with my previous gf... ( I ended the relationship with my ex (my main ex) I dont count the other ones) It is funny since in those days I make up the biggest lies ever. I didn't call one girl for a week and then I called her and told her I went to Bahamas... really big lie.
So, even though I never knew what happen with my ex, or if she was guilty or not. I could care less, she was 25 and I was 18 :) I was just braking the ice with her. She never knew I was with so many girls in the last 2 months of the relationship. I call that revenge, the sweetest thing.

Just for the record, I been loyal to my current gf :) . If she fucks up in any way, I will soon get my revenge which is pretty simple, and easy. THere is an older women who wants to fuck me badly..! bUT I wont because I am loyal to my gf.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.Confucius
Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Experimental Member
Media
Wow... A lot of good words of wisdom here.

Thanks for all the good advice! I really agree that distrusting people becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in the end. So I'm gonna take a chance and see where it goes!

I just listened to an audio program with Dr. Paul Dobransky, and he said something pretty cool as well...

"Your knowledge of animal instincts for attraction is what gets the first few hours of interest from a woman, but it's your character that keeps her glued to you for life."

So I guess there's a bit of truth in both sides of the coin. But one shouldn't emphasize one too much over the other, which is what I did...

Thanks for all the help!

You are most welcome, you have the right idea!!!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Studies show that women cheat for different reasons than men and the reasons for BOTH sexes cheating are driven by evolutionary advantage.

Genetic diversity is good- it improves the odds that at least SOME of your progeny will survive.
Men cheat because it is in their genetic advantage to have children with more than one women...

THis is the programing that drives the behavior... all the cultural and sociological moralizing about it is just so much nonsense... Men make the noises of fidelity... and some ARE faithful... but if they have enough opportunities, and especially if they believe they can get away with it without social consequences... they are programed to mate with other women.

Females have fewer real reproductive opportunities... once they are pregnant they are out of the game for a year... and they must invest far more in their children...
so their best strategy, evolutionarily, is to hook up with the man that can offer the very best in security for their children....
however, it is risky to have your genes only mixed with those of one other person....
So women tend to cheat to increase the genetic diversity of their offspring...
Again- they do it because it was the behavior that resulted in the best reproductive odds.... so that is the behavior that dominates...

So- while women generally will leave one spouse for an even MORE secure situation.... even women in happy, comfortable, and secure marriages, will tend to respond to males that seem to offer a particularly good set of genes.

She will marry for social benefits... but she will cheat for genetic benefits... and players, by dint of their very success with women, MUST have something women value, genetically.

( women also tend to cheat with other, highly secure males... as a hedge in case their secure male dies, or leaves them... they will have a genetic claim to press with the other secure male)

Our genes have not had time to adapt to condoms and the pill.... to adapt to people not wanting to have children at all--- that was never an option in prior human history.

We have all kinds of rationalizations and fantasy ideas of WHY we cheat...

But the truth is that we are behaving exactly as our genes tell us to.

For example... Women are four times as likely to cheat when they are ovulating. ( even though they are on the pill...) The women don't even KNOW they are ovulating... but their body drives their sense of response to available males.

We should all relax a little about condemning each other for urges and drives that have made the human race successful for millennia...
Have a little understanding...

And if only 52% of women cheat... then you have a 50% chance of landing one who won't.

Here's a tip...
often, the very traits that attract you to a woman ( she's really really into sex!- he's really really Hot! ) are the harbingers of eventual infidelity...

Personally... the older I get the less it matters.
If I caught my woman cheating... I would ask if I could join in...

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have never cheated on my man and never would - its been done to me and I know what it feels like - but if you need someone you can trust lamp I can fulfill your dreams!!!

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Studies show that women cheat for different reasons than men and the reasons for BOTH sexes cheating are driven by evolutionary advantage.

Genetic diversity is good- it improves the odds that at least SOME of your progeny will survive.
Men cheat because it is in their genetic advantage to have children with more than one women...

THis is the programing that drives the behavior... all the cultural and sociological moralizing about it is just so much nonsense... Men make the noises of fidelity... and some ARE faithful... but if they have enough opportunities, and especially if they believe they can get away with it without social consequences... they are programed to mate with other women.

Females have fewer real reproductive opportunities... once they are pregnant they are out of the game for a year... and they must invest far more in their children...
so their best strategy, evolutionarily, is to hook up with the man that can offer the very best in security for their children....
however, it is risky to have your genes only mixed with those of one other person....
So women tend to cheat to increase the genetic diversity of their offspring...
Again- they do it because it was the behavior that resulted in the best reproductive odds.... so that is the behavior that dominates...

So- while women generally will leave one spouse for an even MORE secure situation.... even women in happy, comfortable, and secure marriages, will tend to respond to males that seem to offer a particularly good set of genes.

She will marry for social benefits... but she will cheat for genetic benefits... and players, by dint of their very success with women, MUST have something women value, genetically.

( women also tend to cheat with other, highly secure males... as a hedge in case their secure male dies, or leaves them... they will have a genetic claim to press with the other secure male)

Our genes have not had time to adapt to condoms and the pill.... to adapt to people not wanting to have children at all--- that was never an option in prior human history.

We have all kinds of rationalizations and fantasy ideas of WHY we cheat...

But the truth is that we are behaving exactly as our genes tell us to.

For example... Women are four times as likely to cheat when they are ovulating. ( even though they are on the pill...) The women don't even KNOW they are ovulating... but their body drives their sense of response to available males.

We should all relax a little about condemning each other for urges and drives that have made the human race successful for millennia...
Have a little understanding...

And if only 52% of women cheat... then you have a 50% chance of landing one who won't.

Here's a tip...
often, the very traits that attract you to a woman ( she's really really into sex!- he's really really Hot! ) are the harbingers of eventual infidelity...

Personally... the older I get the less it matters.
If I caught my woman cheating... I would ask if I could join in...

Yup, this is the whole evolutionary psychology-thing. I've read all this stuff countless times, and it gives some insight into why women and men feel differently about sex and relationships.

However, I think that taking this stuff too literally can be very dangerous and destructive. I mean, when I first started learning about this stuff I became very depressed and cynical.

I think empiric science is great for understanding a lot about human nature, but it can also lead you into what some people have started to call "Flatlands", which is you see everything in terms of science and logic. The thought is that this really gives you a two-dimensional view of a three-dimensional world. That's why I really like Ken Wilber's stuff, because it incorporates several levels of truth.

Anyways, even at a scientific level one has to recognize that humans have 1. A reptilian, 2. A mammalian and 3. A logical (consciousness) brain stem or "module". Now this means that the logical brain, given the right circumstances, should be able to become aware of the reptilian instincts (survive and procreate), and also be able to control these urges. I think it takes some time, but I also think that humans have evolved consciousness for a reason. That's what I don't like about the empirical "flatland" theory - it sort of gives you permission to "Give up".

"I'm a slave to my genes, so what can I do? It's not my fault if I cheat, it's just my genes."

and so on, and so on.

Anyway, enough ranting... :biggrin1:

Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media
But, yeah, the women I know (even the strong ones) tend to hook up with those guys even when they say they're not attracted to them.
And also... These guys who are the so called "players" aren't retard bimbo cocky dudes. Not the ones I'm refering too anyways. They're charismatic, charming, social people, and good at making conversation.
In their 1995 book, Human Sperm Competition (London: Chapman & Hall), biologists Robin Baker and Mark Bellis suggest that females in contemporary Western society are rather promiscuous.

In her thesis, The Evolution of Female Promiscuity, Dr Olivia Judson of the University of Sussex, writes:
Males are natural philanderers, trying to seduce every female in sight; females are naturally chaste, more interested in laying eggs than having sex. Right? Wrong. Since the invention of DNA testing in the 1980s, the females of thousands of species have been shown to be rampantly promiscuous--and to gain significant fitness benefits from being so. This result, which came as a complete surprise to biologists, has forced a re-evaluation of our understanding of mating systems. In this talk, I will review the historical background to this re-evaluation. I will then discuss reasons that females are promiscuous, and the profound consequences of female promiscuity for male behaviour. will finish by discussing the impact of female promiscuity on broader evolutionary patterns.

And so on. The scientific evidence in the 13 years since Baker and Bellis is plentiful and overwhelming: just do a Google search. Many of us would rather deny this huge body of evidence: for those of us in a relationship, it may be too bitter a pill to swallow. As someone who in his teens and early twenties suffered much emotional trauma by learning this the hard way, I can, at least personally speaking, vouch for the veracity of all this research.

In this excellent LPSG post, the OP compiled a collection of statistics on infidelity. [Caution: DO NOT read this post if you would rather continue living in Cloud-Cuckoo Land believing that your wife/girlfriend has not, is not, or will not be unfaithful.]

As I said, I learned this lesson the hard way: it is several years since I had a regular, fulltime girlfriend. I am now firmly in the other camp, I fuck other men's girlfriends and wives. I do not do this with malice aforethought, it is just a fact of life that most of the attractive women I meet are already in a 'stable' relationship. Their boyfriends/husbands will never know about their infidelity. Women are much, much better and more convincing liars than men. Amongst my friends, male and female, and from personal experience, it appears that males will feel the need to confess at some point. Females will never admit their dalliances, even to their closest female confidantes.

You may think me bitter and cynical, but as a scientist, I now prefer to rely on the available evidence and live my life according to what some may feel is an anti-humanist stance. I fully expect to be shot down in flames for the contents of this post.

However, please remember, I do not regard myself as a 'player'. I treat women with absolute respect. I do not rape them. I do not drug them. I often do not even instigate the first contact. Is it your girlfriend making obvious eye-contact with me across the pub as she has an after work drink with her workmates? Is it your wife who I'm speaking to in the adult chatroom whilst you are away on a business trip? Well, it may be. But one thing is 99% certain: you will never find out.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
You won't get flamed by me Nicky, my personal experience is pretty much the same. I am thinking of blogging about it.

What happened to that research on the so called infidelity gene?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watch a series called Wild Sex on National Geographic.

In the latest episode, it said:

"Almost every female will mate with multiple partners in her lifetime. The majority of males will die virgins."

Women have much more choice. For most men its "I'll take what I can get."

Experimental Member
Media
I watch a series called Wild Sex on National Geographic.

In the latest episode, it said:

"Almost every female will mate with multiple partners in her lifetime. The majority of males will die virgins."

Women have much more choice. For most men its "I'll take what I can get."

:confused::confused:
Which species was that? It seems a little backwards for Homo sapiens.
There are more females to males. It only takes one man to fertilize many females.