I just got my first car

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by soccerfanatic, Feb 15, 2005.

1. soccerfanatic

soccerfanatic New Member

Its a BMW 318i, only cost me £850 despite the fact the engine works great, the bodywork is in good condition, its got quite new 16" alloys and a new alarm and immobilisor fitted. They even threw in the original wheels for free.

And with the money I saved I'm buying a new leather interior and I'm also gonna fit a top of the range radio I took out of an old MGB GT that my dad bought on the cheap and restored with me.

Now all I gotta do is start taking driving lessons :D

Outside Car

inside Car

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

We've missed you, Spank. Glad you're back with good news.

Nice car.

But I can see why you got such a good deal: the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

3. Imported

Gold Member

Banjax: Ah, I remember the joy of my first car...

Seems like you got quite a good deal there. Mind you, what I know about cars could be written in big letters on the back of a 1st class stamp...

Enjoy learning to drive, as soon as that L-plate gets thrown away you get treated like any other road user! Stalling becomes an unforgivable offence!

4. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

congratulations... bmw's are good cars, expensive for us here in the us cuz of parts shipping and whatnot, but obviously not for u, seeing as you paid in euros (if i'm right... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong... i haven't been out of the states yet)...

it's definitely a lot nicer than my first car, which was a 91 chevrolet corsica which was blue with a red hood... :p... but hey, it had 4 wheels and no engine trouble...

and i am seriously jealous over that mgb... i would love to have one... (yes, i know cars and i'm a chick... i love cars... especially older ones... it's an odd fetish, yes fetish, of mine)... i might a fix-er-upper though... either an mgb or corvette stingray (god, i love the curves on a stingray--i even had the opportunity to hump one once...)

sorry i got off topic, but again, congrats!

5. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

You're really got a good looker, Spank_The_Monk. I know you're gonna enjoy it. Who knows, you might be like I was after getting my first car and two weeks later started dating my future wife! But, then again, you might wanna sample the territory first. I bet you turn lots of heads, especially if you spank your monkey during the rides.

6. RKT1001

RKT1001 New Member

Albums:
    I hate to break this to you, but you've been had!

The steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!

Sorry to have to be the one to inform you of this. ;)

RKT

7. NorthernSchlong

Albums:
  8. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Very nice car and I see you live in Europe...I wish my first car was that nice...Mine first car was $500 from an auction and it was an old oldmobile cutlass ls (brown) - I use to call it doodoo brown...Now I am dealing w/a grand am after wrecking my chryler 300 - don't drink and drive...Curious - how old are you getting a bmw for your first car - I am jealous - and how could you get it that cheap - euros are that much above american dollar...

9. Imported

Gold Member

Banjax: Um... The steering wheel is on the right side, in both senses.

The price is in Pounds Sterling, not Euros yet...

We Brits drive on the correct side of the road, not the right...

10. ETown7

ETown7 Active Member

Albums:
    850 Pounds? Even if in Sterling, that's quite a fine price!

I am a car geek, and my dad runs an autoshop here in Edmonton... especially for foriegn (domestic to you :p) cars.

11. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Nice one, better than my little Ford Ka, but I'll bet the insurance will burn a whole in your poket larger than the car itself. :glare:

Or it does with me.

*mutter* insurance companies wont pay out on anything either. :glare:

12. zzorus

zzorus New Member

Spank,
    A while ago you posted about your family situation, and it was pretty negative. So I take it that this is a good sign that things have improved.

Enjoy the car!
    Hope all is going well,

zzorus

13. tightfit

tightfit New Member

14. italianhunglikeastallion

italianhunglikeastallion Active Member

Albums:
    thats a pretty hype car, i used ta have a 03 range rover but i crashed it so my dad got me a 05 mercedes SL500

15. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

I don't know much about those little smart cars... i like the way they look, but don't know any specifics (eg. engine size, type, gas powered, hybrid...)... what could you tell me about them... a link to a site on them would be good too... thx...

16. philberttrw

philberttrw New Member

Albums:
    Goddamnit, the same car would set me back 7,000-8,000 American. I'm definitely jealous.

17. philberttrw

philberttrw New Member

Albums:

..Your dad can take me car shopping annnnny day, dude.

18. soccerfanatic

soccerfanatic New Member

Nah still as bad as before, I live in a small rural village with very few bus routes though so without a car I was limited to the amount of jobs I'd be able to go for. And I used the money I inherited when my grandad died to pay for it. The money situation is still as sparse as it was before sadly :(

19. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Nah still as bad as before, I live in a small rural village with very few bus routes though so without a car I was limited to the amount of jobs I'd be able to go for. And I used the money I inherited when my grandad died to pay for it. The money situation is still as sparse as it was before sadly :(
    [post=283748]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Dude - I hope your family situation improves...Probably if I was in your situation - I would relocate - but probably not an option for you right now...I am sure you could find someone here that would host you though...LOL...Keep your spirits up though - life has a funny way of surprising you...

20. tightfit

tightfit New Member

I don't know much about those little smart cars... i like the way they look, but don't know any specifics (eg. engine size, type, gas powered, hybrid...)... what could you tell me about them... a link to a site on them would be good too... thx...
    [post=283718]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Smartcar details

Draft saved Draft deleted