Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To anyone who will listen......

So Monday night It was a beautiful night so i thought I'd jump on my motorcycle and ride down to see my BF in stead of driving. He lives in the City in an appartment building. Im always courtious when leaving and walk my bike way WAY down the road befor starting it to not wake up any of residents because the bike is a bit loud. I parked infront of the building (in the drive way area) but in this tiny little area off to the side whate a car can not even fit and it is out of the way. Was I suppose to park there?.... NO. I know that. So when I come out to get on my bike, there is this huge sticker (6"x3") right accross my tank from the propority managment company stating that i was parked illegally and do not park here again. O.K. and the sticker will not come off and it is just a huge disaster of a mess. The paint is damaged and will need to be repaired.

I called the propority managment company to dicuess the issue and voice my disspleasure (calmley) and they go off on how i was not suppose to have been parked there and i said "yes your right and im wrong" but how do they think that it is their right to openley vandilize any vehicle that they find fit? and it is were a car would they smash the window just because it was parked there?... His respose was "yes...i do what i want and will break, smash slash whatever i want with a rock, hammer pole" I was in shock. At this point I realise that this guy is f$%*kin crazy and that im not going to get anywhere so i backed off and let it go (which is not like me at all).

Im just shocked at the attiude that some people have when it comes to other people's stuff. They could have very well kept the backing on the sticker and placed it in between the seat and the strap! All would be happy. They would have gotten their point accross better. Ugh

Like i said in the begining, I know i was in the wrong by parking there (even know it was completely off to the side and out of the way) but common have some god dam class and brains whith your actions.

O.K. Im dont thanks for listening.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is one thing in life I have no tollerance for and that is ignorance and arrogance. Im a bigger person than they are. Go F yourself Amelin Propority Manigment!!!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Was I suppose to park there?.... NO. I know that.
Basically that's the end of the real story. You did something you weren't supposed to do and there are consequences.

So when I come out to get on my bike, there is this huge sticker (6"x3") right accross my tank from the propority managment company stating that i was parked illegally and do not park here again. O.K. and the sticker will not come off and it is just a huge disaste.

First you give millions of men hope, who knew that 6 inch by 3 inch was huge?
next, they put it across the tank not your windshield, they had to notify you. If they had casually placed it there without adhering it then it could have been blown off or you could have claimed you never got it.

Never just try ripping a sticker off, they need to be soaked off.

In my recent line of work we placed larger stickers on the side window of cars all the time when they hadn't moved their vehicles as they were directed. Most people get them off no problem others don't and the results are partial peels with bits of our stickers. Life is good.:biggrin1:

Like I said at the start and you admit, you broke a rule and knew it, and were given a punishment it sucks but it could have been worse. Some places will tow a vehicle and then you have to pay towing and release.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HOSS,

I dont have a windshield on my bike, However, there are plenty other places they could have placed it without adhearing it. It wouldnt even be so bad it they has stuck it to the seat. Or just adhear one corner...... Anyways.....

And it sounds like you follow the same practise in your line of work but with brains. You place it on the windows (not painted surfaces) so atleast if it doesent come off easy, you can use a razor blade and wont damage the glass.

as for the 6x3, some times good things come in small packages.... LOL ;-)

yoursgetsmine

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If warnings are posted you risk at your own peril....however it will make you angry. One time (when I was a police officer in St Louis), I parked my new Corvette in a parking garage at an angle (NOT taking up two places) just at an angle at the end of stripped parking....and I came back to a huge sticker across my windshield.........which needless to say........brought out the best in me!

I immediately contacted the security company who contracted with the parking garage and told them that in our state there is a law which makes "tampering with a motor vehicle" a felony and my intent was to arrest on the spot the individual who "tampered" with my car.........Now the county prosecutor would NOT have issued a warrant for the offense (because of the "intent" factor), but I had enough information and probable cause to effect the arrest under the law.

Within minutes the guard who performed the deed, and his supervisor appeared, and they painstakingly removed the entire quite large sticker off of my windshield. They both apologized and I let them know that in the city we lived some people had been killed in a fit of rage by the car owner when this had happened (and that's not a lie).

I also pointed out that my car was not parked illegally nor did I take up two spots....but because the security guard read something into the angle and the position of my parked vehicle "he" decided it wasn't right and hence the sticker.

Sorry about your situation, but sometimes people get tired of posting warnings that most people totally ignore and then they take some form of action....but like previously suggested by some of the participants on this thread there are sticker remover liquids that won't harm your paint and the vehicle wasn't towed which out here in California costs hundreds of dollars to remedy, and exposes your motorcycle to possible damage while in the act of towing it............so I guess lesson learned, but I commend you for keeping your cool, because people harm or kill people for the dumbest reasons imaginable!

Remember, they're already mad and you lit their fire by violating some posted warning they believe in, but to provoke them further by threating them in a "perceived" hostile manner could be like throwing gas on the fire so to speak and escalate the whole situation to a really worse situation.....and while he will probably go to prison under the right facts and circumstances if he overreacted improperly (from either party), it won't do you or he any good if you're in intensive care in some hospital or worse yet, buried in a cemetery!

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe I would have called the police, if for no other reason than to have a record of the vandalism. Even if it meant being issued a ticket for the parking offense. What the property management did is illegal, and they need to be held liable for the damages.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yoursgetsmine; Thats quite the story. Sounds like you handeled it like a gentelman.... a firm geltelman but one non-the-less. Anger and rage gets the better on alot of people and results in the worst for others. all-in-all I'm a pretty much relaxed and layed back person. Once a lady rear ended me on the high-way and i was more concerned for her well being. we began to joke around (on the side of the high-way) and she asked me "why are you not angry and yelling?" I said "what good would that do either one of us?"

There are no actual postings saying "no parking" there however common sence is usually used.

yoursgetsmine

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks....and by the way, if it wasn't a Harley, it wasn't an offense......just kidding but if he would have put the sticker on that beautiful cock of yours, all bets are off...lol

Last edited:

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, there's always...

Vandalism sucks. In all seriousness, you should explore small claims court to seek compensation for the damage. A judge will decide whether or not they had the right to put the sticker on there (I doubt they did). From my personal experience, small claims court w/o lawyers was quick, relatively easy and I was re-paid by the business that wronged me.

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hahahaha I frikin Love that lady.. "YOUR STUPID... YOUR A LOSER!" hahah Yes that would be an alternitive however.... family moto, "Stupitity gets you into trouble, but pride keeps you there" I would LOVE to go that rout but its just not worth my time. Thanks for the input. :D

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So did Hoss get through to you? The management of the complex likely know all the local beat cops who would respond to your police call about this, as it's a thing they frequently do. If you are serious about making a claim on them in small claims court you have a case. Try to get it on Judge Judy; then you and the company will get extra cash out of this.

One of my exes had the job of booting illegally parked cars in a housing complex, as a groundskeeper. He was seen by most of the residents, as well as local cops, as a heroic type.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Lord I am happy not to live in that rat race where everyone is so fucking uptight about where you park a bike.