I just quit my job

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My company is offering a voluntary separation package.

They will continue to pay me after I leave.

I just finished the paper work to take it.

It seems like this announcement falls under the "Jealousy" folder for some of you. :biggrin1:

D

deleted136887

good for you
Now what? no more working 4 da man.....
There is something a lot better out there. Hope you never look back. cheers

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media

It seems like this announcement falls under the "Jealousy" folder for some of you. :biggrin1:

Not jealous any more as my severance pay ended a month ago. I enjoyed my summer vacation but it really is time to get back to work. Sad part is that the competitiveness has gone ballistic, under paid HR reps are swamped, and it seems that almost every job now involves sales. :banghead2:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

The question is, how long are they obligated to pay you? IMO, it just sounds as if you're getting an upgraded Unemployment Check. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. I'm just sayin'... :confused:

ladsonbehr49

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have quit several jobs over the last 6 months and with no regrets. I wont work anywhere that I am not happy with. One job did something that I felt was against my beliefs. My partner came in and said he was spitting up blood and had to go to the hospital and they refused to allow me to go and gave a lame reason. I was able to go later on but I should have been able to go right away.

the other jobs sucked and thank god my partner understands and supports my decision to quit.

B_AZBiGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
While I applaud your decision, I'll have to live vicariously through you. This crappy job market is just too scary right now for me to do anything but hold onto my current job with white knuckles. Not that it's a bad job, mind you...

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not jealous any more as my severance pay ended a month ago. I enjoyed my summer vacation but it really is time to get back to work. Sad part is that the competitiveness has gone ballistic, under paid HR reps are swamped, and it seems that almost every job now involves sales. :banghead2:

I know the feeling! Since when did administrative assistant jobs also involve sales?! :confused: I'm actually looking at administrative assistant jobs only because I don't appear to have the right combination of experience and/or skill level for jobs in my chosen field (IT). But I can type fairly well, and work with Word and Excel. But I don't do sales!

The job market is scary now. I was looking at the paper, and there were no IT jobs that I qualified for except one that has been listed for a long time and I applied for it a long time ago. And there were no administrative jobs I qualify for except for a seasonal one that I pretty much already have in the bag starting next month and going for about 4 months...

One thing about being in my current situation is that I work a wide variety of jobs (again! just like I did in my twenties!), and have a lot of different experiences. Hopefully I will pick up some experiences that can carry over for when and if I do get a job in my chosen field again.