I just read the new ToS

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Absolutely incorrect. It got me banned with no warning. Whatever you do, don't use the word "cunt."

That's ludicrous. There's a thread in the Women's Issues section where someone wanted to know what to call our hoo-has, and one of the popular terms was "cunt". It says cunt at least a dozen times in that thread!

But don't say the "flower" word. We hate that.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Cuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcunt
cuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcunt

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Better question would be why isn't it?
Also why are the avatars allowed to have visibly indentifiable penii a when there is also a "law" about that too?
I also understand from other moderators that claiming whole articles even when you are giving the writers their due and copyright issues aside takes up very little bandwidth as I'm sure you know. Because you guys are smart.:rolleyes:
I'm surprised you took Nick8's article personally Megs. I know he doesn't even know you. Why feel singled out it was a pretty general statement one thats been made many times? Suck ups aside.:biggrin1:
C.B. :saevil:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also why are the avatars allowed to have visibly indentifiable penii a when there is also a "law" about that too?
I also understand from other moderators that claiming whole articles even when you are giving the writers their due and copyright issues aside takes up very little bandwidth as I'm sure you know. Because you guys are smart.:rolleyes:
I'm surprised you took Nick8's article personally Megs. I know he doesn't even know you. Why feel singled out it was a pretty general statement one thats been made many times? Suck ups aside.:biggrin1:

I put up the present avatar for black history month, I plan to return to my usual one afterward.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Linking to sites used to defame this site or any of its members".

This is a clear example of where NOT being specific just makes someone look silly. This is obviously meant to keep people from linking to Size Matters, above all other sites. So, why not just say so? We all know that elephants are fearful of mice, anyway.

I find it rather presumptuous of you to come to this conclusion.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm taking that as a 'yes' :biggrin1:

That's your presumptive style and it's in error.

Just because someone is asked to apply by an existing moderator does not mean that they will automatically be selected for the position.

A limit is set for how many spots are available. The number of suitable candidates vastly outnumbers the spaces available and we vote to pick the best of the best as it were.

From my own example only half of those I requested to apply did and of those only one had enough votes to take one of the positions.

So, no, our picks are not a lock.

But I must say, I took HUGE offense to this comment. I'm sure some of the other mods might feel the same way. Thank you for openly disrespecting me, Nick8. Much appreciated. :cool:

Honestly Meg, I don't see it. I think, if anything, Nick8 was trying to be sympathetic to the mod staff and was saying that the application process is problematic. Yeah Nick8 is my friend, but I know he doesn't know you and I also know he wasn't trying to be insulting. I read it to mean he was lamenting the general pool of candidates that had to be waded through to get the few good ones. I know many long term members are enthusiastic about the new mods including you. I also know there is a lot of stress in being a mod and that the transparency issue is one the mods have no control over. Rob_E has decided to keep reasons secret and you guys have to work with that. I personally believe that puts the mods behind the 8 ball because as Mrs. Mia Wallace once pointed out, "... they talk a lot don't they?" and when a high profile member gets banned or suspended, they are going to talk about it whether here, in private, or elsewhere and that's when rumors get started. The secrecy policy means that the mods will always never have the benefit of the doubt in such matters and particularly so when friendships are involved.

FWIW, suggestions are always welcome. The site is for the members and it's your input that makes all the difference.

Suggestions are great. I hope that if suggestions are made that they might be discussed and then any action on them would be reported by the mods as to why the suggestion was adopted or not. Perhaps votes might be helpful on questions where the membership input would be a determining factor.

Utimately, however, LPSG is owned by Rob_E and it's his desire that becomes policy. If we want to stay here, then we have to abide by his vision for the site. His house, his rules.

Absolutely incorrect. It got me banned with no warning. Whatever you do, don't use the word "cunt."

This is, to all my knowledge, true.

Thanks for the permission.

Very magnanimous :rolleyes:

I didn't read Bliss's remarks as anything about permission, merely a welcoming.

I find it rather presumptuous of you to come to this conclusion.

If you mean about mentioning the other place, then no, it's not presumptuous, it's merely true. I've linked to the other place before and had the link removed by a mod who said told me explicitly that Rob_E does not allow links to the other place. I suggested that this rule be added to the TOS. It appears it now has.
------------------------------

There are inconsistencies in application of the TOS, gray areas which seem to be open to wide interpretation among the mods and the membership. What appears a TOS violation to someone doesn't appear to be one to the mods or vice versa. It's that vice versa part that seems to cause the most trouble as many long term members can remember cases where a different set of rules seemed to apply in different circumstances. This causes perceptions of favoritism and personal antipathy between mods and members. This is why I feel transparency in the mod process is important not only to the membership, but to the site as whole including the mods as I believe it would relieve them of some of the stress of always feeling the need to be defensive.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I take offense when someone tells me that I must not be suited for this job because I want it so badly. And yes, I wanted to be a moderator. I applied on my own accord. I've been wanting to be a moderator on this site since shortly after I joined two and a half years ago. To be honest, it had gotten to the point that if I DIDN'T get a moderator position, then I probably would've left the place altogether. I hadn't been around much when I applied anyway. I wanted to be involved with helping to make the forum a better place than it was.

If you mean about mentioning the other place, then no, it's not presumptuous, it's merely true. I've linked to the other place before and had the link removed by a mod who said told me explicitly that Rob_E does not allow links to the other place. I suggested that this rule be added to the TOS. It appears it now has.

The presumptuous part is assuming that we put that stipulation in the ToS simply because of the *other* site. That simply isn't true. If you or anyone else chooses to believe that, then feel free. However, I know otherwise. :wink:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
There are factors that can cause the mod team to tend to vacilate some. For one, everyone is a human being and humans aren't static. I've never met a person that is never changing.

Secondly, the mod board decisions are by consensus. Many of the United States Supreme Court decisions are 5 to 4 decisions. The opinion of the five is the one that is adopted. Sometimes a mod isn't there for the vote. I know that some just assume that the mods are think just alike, vote just alike etc. It just isn't so.

About other sites. Rob made it a rule that links to a particular site owned by a former LPSG member would not be allowed. There have been other situations in the past that convinced the mods that this addedndum was needed.

I don't know if it is possible to write a perfect ToS that covers every situation for every time I do believe that the new ToS is better than the one that preceded it. Will there need to be some additional editing or chnges made? Time will tell.