I keep getting asked why I am so flexible so (m)

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by MidwestGal, Aug 18, 2007.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    here is a pic of me that was on the front page of the paper when I was 11. The back flip I was doing was an elementary trick for me. I use to power tumble from the age of 5-14. I averaged 12 hours in the gym when I was at the national and world competition levels.

Only reason, I quit at 14 was due to severe injury to my ankle. I ripped every ligament and tendon except the achilles. It took several years of physical therapy to get good use of my ankle back. I also injured wrist, neck, back, among other things. I pay for it now. But I would never give the experience back. It was a blast!!!!

Now I wasn't the best at it but I never placed worse than 20th in my age group at nationals or worlds. Generally there were at least 300 other people in my age group.

So there you have it, yes I can still do splits. I can still do back flips on days I am not dizzy (haha, I don't try often). Too bad my son doesn't show much interest in the sport because it was good disicpline and good for coordination. But he could do a somersault by 18 months and can do a backbend and cartwheel now. Thing is I was doing flipflops by the age of 7!

So there is my happy trip down memory lane!

Attached Files:

2. B_Just Joe

B_Just Joe New Member

impressive. you land it?

3. B_capslock

B_capslock New Member

You ever notice in gymnastics on TV how big some women's PACKAGES are? What are some of you women packing down there!?!? Is it where you keep your change purse or something!?

4. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

wow thats cool

5. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    I usually stuck all my landings at least in competition.

6. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    that is a sick and uncalled for question. Grow up!

7. sneakyd

sneakyd New Member

Albums:
    Congratulations , that is an excellent achievement . I think gymnastics has always been a very competitive sport , especially knowing how the Chinese & Russian teams developed/trained their kids .

8. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:

thanks power tumbling is now part of the gymnastics federation but was not when I was involved. But it was a highly competitive sport. It is more like the floor exercise runs. In competition we did passes of 5, 7, or 10 tricks in a row.

It was done on a straight row of mats. Generally under the mats, there were either springs or skis. We had our choice which type we wanted to compete on in most cases. A flat mat on the floor would have been a lot harder to keep up the momentum needed to do things like doublefulls.

9. B_Just Joe

B_Just Joe New Member

what kind og retarded thing is that to say?

10. sneakyd

sneakyd New Member

Albums:
    It's amazing how high you can get off the ground with those routines , & how long you stay in the air for . Would loved to have been able to have done stuff like that , but I'm fairly 'unco' :biggrin1:

11. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:

oh, I would still love to be doing it on a regular basis or coaching but wouldn't be able to do it.

12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That is awesome, I did gymnastics for a few weeks, the guy that was running it creeped me out too much. I was 6-7 though.

13. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    BAHAHAHA...that was the funniest thing I've read all day. You post a picture of yourself as a young girl doing gymnastics in a revealing piece of clothing and don't expect some moron to comment on it? Even better, this is all done on a site called the Large Penis Support Group? Am I missing something?

14. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    we didn't get to choose our uniforms, that was chosen by the club. At regular practice we could wear what we wanted over the leotard but not in competition. So bite me!

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

Yes you are. I'm wondering if it's a piece of your brain. The guy clearly intimated that she had a penis. Perhaps from your view as a crossdresser you've no ability to see how a woman might find this offensive. Perhaps you simply lack the human ability to empathize. What a shame.

16. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    You've not read many of capslocks post yet, have you? This was actually one of his more eloquent ones...

17. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I see we have a perpetual teenage girl on our hands. It's really a shame what they do to gymnasts and ice skaters. They end up with the bodies and minds of prepubescent girls their entire lives because of it.

No, he's not. In fact, he didn't mention her specifically at all. She made a topic about gymnastics, he replied with a moron's take on female gymnast anatomy. Besides, "junk" doesn't have to mean "penis." I've seen plenty of women with a fair amount of "junk" down there.

18. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Flexible women are hawt. :biggrin:

19. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:

Resident peace making idiot here (me).

QuiteIrate, I adore your gallery, and you are a very interesting and intense person. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but your comment to ThatGal sounds a little mean. I truly do hope that I am misunderstanding it.

ThatGal is a good person going through some EXTREMELY rough times right now, and doesn't need any comments that aren't strictly positive.

Thanks. :wink:

20. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I'm sorry if I offend, but I can't take any adult who acts like that seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted