I know I shouldn't pick at acne, but...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by LemacST, Oct 10, 2007.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

I did. I had this nasty blackhead at the ridge of my lip and I squeezed it out. It hurt doing it but felt great getting that nasty stuff out afterwards. It's taken it's toll however, now the skin around that area broke and is red so it looks like I have herpes, almost! This sucks. I put neosporin on it, I think that's all I can do for now. How long do you think it'll take for it to go away?

2. London_Calling

London_Calling New Member

I sympathise! Did the same thing on Saturday. Woke up on Sunday to find it bigger & more sore than it should be. Monday it had scabbed over but I'm sorry, it's bloody difficult keeping your hands off a scab on your lip!
    It's now Wednesday & even though it's better I'm sure people would back off rather than risk a kiss! (believe me, this is not always the case...promise!)

3. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you eat well, get adequate rest, and (for the love of Pete) stop messing with it, it should look okay after a week tops.

4. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have some blackheads on my nose and I HATE them. My doctor said it's from having too little moisture in my skin and that I might serve from a more humid environment, but I think it's at least partially due to the terrible air pollution in this city (which also gives me a cough and bad allergies!).

WTB cure for blackheads.

5. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Are you sure it was a blackhead and not a hair folicle? Anyway it REALLY hurts when you try to 'pop' a hair folicle.

I have blackheads all around my nose :redface: always have, probably always will

Zinc Oxide/Healing Cream (called Sudocrem over here) accelerates healing. Its like Wolverine in a tub.

PS nice theory on the blackheads guy-jin! Guess I need to moisturies.

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

If you cleanse your skin daily (and I don't mean wash with soap) then you shouldn't have too many skin problems at all. Biore makes these awesome cleansing wipes.. just use one a day, and they remove all the excess dirt and oil from your skin, without dehydrating your skin like soap does...

As far as how long it'll last, it shouldn't be but a few days. Just stop messin' with it. :smile:

7. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've never had a problem with them, but I think it's because I have always had very dry skin, so I consistently exfoliate and then moisturize or it gets flaky.

When I shower I use a buff puff on my face, and gently wash my face in small circles. Then I use a cream with retinol and Alpha Hydroxy in it to help get rid of the dead skin cells and keep the pores unclogged.

My sister has always fought oily skin and acne. She swears by facials and a black head remover gel that she gets at the store. I don't recall the name of it, however.

And, I agree, stop picking at it or it could scar!

8. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted