I know I'm overweight but...

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find that taking high dose fish oil capsules help speed up my metabolism.
I don't mind a husky man at all so long as he has mad skills and is a thoughtful and considerate person.
(penis size is less of an issue for me. Thank christ for pelvic floor exercises)
I was once dating a guy who was more Husky than you are and by the end of 9 months he was buffed, rippling and as fit as a racehorse.
Consider sex as a higher form of full body work out.
Let's face it if you are fucking like a rabbit you aren't eatting.
AND there are other pay off's like for every 35 pounds of weight you drop you gain a extra inch of penis.
True story.
The base of your cock is buried in the fat pad that covers your pubic bone.
Losing the weight diminishes the depth of the fat pad, thus losing the weight will free up that extra length.
You are a sweet person 007..Find a sweet girl who likes you for you.
Thanks Dragon... and you're right about the fat pad... it DOES get in the way of my 8 inches sometimes... Gosh I would LOVE to meet a girl with your attitude, amazing... a beautiful woman, who's smart, non-judgmental AND has a high sex drive, mmmmm amazing:redface: (I hold a record of doing 7 times in one night but haven't found someone that's as ahem, driven as I am yet)

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dude, go check this website out: HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS - SIX PACK ABS WORKOUT ROUTINE

I was a personal trainer for 10 years before getting into Pilates, yoga and fitness rehab. And though I had been extremely fit (used to compete as an amateur bodybuilder...for fun), I got too 'busy' working and let myself stack on heaps of weight.

I'm in a great relationship, and get laid when I need to but my self-esteem and energy levels were starting to really nose-dive, not to mention my blood pressure going in the exact opposite direction. And the fact that I was coming up to my 50th birthday last year...fuck I needed to do something.

So I took stock, got back on track with my diet, started doing a few hours of interval training and increased my workouts. As the weight started to go, I then changed my wardrobe to something a hell of alot more flattering...and haven't stopped since. Oh, and got a few tatts, but that's a different story.

You sound like a really really nice guy...Hell, if you were gay, I'd do you right now! But, more importantly, if you had a better self-image you wouldn't give a shit if your lady was treating you badly...you'd just sort it out and move on! My suggestion is that you listen to the folks here (you ARE hot, you ARE a nice guy) and get your weight down. Just a few pounds will go a long way to making you feel better. And the longer you go before doing this, the harder it's gonna be.

Feel free to chat, email or bump me anytime.

Good luck!

Last edited:

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, go check this website out: HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS - SIX PACK ABS WORKOUT ROUTINE

I was a personal trainer for 10 years before getting into Pilates, yoga and fitness rehab. And though I had been extremely fit (used to compete as an amateur bodybuilder...for fun), I got too 'busy' working and let myself stack on heaps of weight.

I'm in a great relationship, and get laid when I need to but my self-esteem and energy levels were starting to really nose-dive, not to mention my blood pressure going in the exact opposite direction. And the fact that I was coming up to my 50th birthday last year...fuck I needed to do something.

So I took stock, got back on track with my diet, started doing a few hours of interval training and increased my workouts. As the weight started to go, I then changed my wardrobe to something a hell of alot more flattering...and haven't stopped since. Oh, and got a few tatts, but that's a different story.

You sound like a really really nice guy...Hell, if you were gay, I'd do you right now! But, more importantly, if you had a better self-image you wouldn't give a shit if your lady was treating you badly...you'd just sort it out and move on! My suggestion is that you listen to the folks here (you ARE hot, you ARE a nice guy) and get your weight down. Just a few pounds will go a long way to making you feel better. And the longer you go before doing this, the harder it's gonna be.

Feel free to chat, email or bump me anytime.

Good luck!

Wow, THANKS Hellboy! That work out looks AWESOME... and thanks for the compliments bro, I'm sure if I was gay, I'd totally hook up with you haha... You look GREAT man, especially for 50! heck even 20! I appreciate the support brother :)

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm also in the process of loosing some weight and man I can relate top how frustrating it can be. For me personally I am not grossly overweight but it is mainly around my stomach and the last few bits of fat are always hard for me to loose, but the thing is on my frame and my height a little fat on the stomach looks like a lot and trust me, it is not fun to wakt up in the morning and see it in the mirror.

Why did I let it go on for so long ? Laziness for the most part and the fact that I was sort of a self denier at how fat I was getting. Its funny how it is staring at you right in the face everytime you get out of the shower and stand at the mirror to shave naked, to when your pulling on your jeans and it gets harder and harder to button them up, and yet you still think its not that big of a deal until you realise it is. I am forever glad I am not overweight by much and not obese, but it always is a reminder that I cannot let even this last bit of fat get in the way and I have to loose it.

Suggestions ? Omega 3 Fish oil tablets and CLA tablets. Not sure if the fish oil tablets do help shed fat but I know they are good for your joints and general mood but CLA is proven to help rev up your metabolism and get the fat moving through you and converted to energy. Six smaller meals spaced throughout the day helps too and if you think thats impossible believe me it's not. Just takes some planning ahead and cooking meals in advance the day before and rostering your meals.

Exercise wise I am basically knocking myself out with 20 minute treadmill runs that are one a mixed speed ratio - high speed for five minutes, then two minutes on slow jogging - so it is like a spin class where the alternative speeds trick your metabolism and get it to work harder. Also I am taking the stairs instead of escalators, walking everywhere when I can get away with not using public transport and three days a week I am doing a dvd called The Pit Workout. It is brutal but satisfying and I can see that my body responds great to it already. Its from the UFC guys and, although really tough to begin with, I am finding i really fun now and working to toughen me up and shed weight.

Basically, diet right and train hard. DO NOT use fat burners or liquids because most of the shit they put in those is synthetic and sometimes not even in the right dosages to do any good to shift fat anyway and may fuck up your metabolism more than you realise after you go off them. If your body gets used to you taking the easy way out of burning fat by taking fat burners it will not respond well when you try to shift the fat the old fashioned way through hard work and strict eating.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You know what I found helped?

Drinking water and flushing all that stuff out of me. Adding 4 bottles of water to my diet, and decreasing the amount of salt to 1/8th tsp really made a difference for me. I spoke to a nutritionist and he said that my body absorbs salt. Remove that and it allows you to shed weight. I've lost about 40lbs and managed to keep it down.

Add some more veg too.

And wander around... all that walking seems to help too.

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks guys... I will do it, just need to get my head into it... I'm finally starting to feel a little better about life again... I just had to relearn how to love life again, without my ex, as a single guy... and it's taken some time but... I'm starting to feel better again... life truly is a blessing.... you guys have been a breath of fresh air:smile:

D_William Howard Shaft

Account Disabled
Media
I understand the weight issues 007baby. At 5'10" I used to be 225... but managed to get down to 180. Still would like to trim more, but its hard. Would love to tone up and build the upper body, but Its really hard when you don't have a training partner.

chrispy

Expert Member
Media
New Bedford (Massachusetts, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:puppy_dog_eyes: Wow man, I teared up while reading your reply... :hug: Thanks so much sir, I really needed to hear that :happysad: You are without question a beautiful soul man. Thanks for the refreshing, wise, and sincere perspective. I am so grateful that you read this post. God bless you bro, and if you ever wanna go out for some downtime in DC, PLEASE drop me a line

A pleasure, my friend...I will definitely look you up if I am ever in DC!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This post is dedicated to 007baby and to Chrispy as well as to anyone else who struggles to be fit not fat.

007baby -
Now I am nearing my 50th birthday, and cannot see the point in trying -- in the gay male community, fat, fifty and single is the new dead! You are young, with so much ahead of you...please do not let this be your future.
This thread has made me reflect on my experiences and I'll share my thoughts with all of you.

I grew up as a middle of the road guy. I was never exceptional at anything athletic. Never made any of the sports teams in high school. At 25 I discovered running and working out at the gym. My best friend was a high school star athlete and helped me train. I had a hard body from 26 to well into my 40s. I tried skiing in my late 20s and tore it up. I became the person that I aspired to be back in high school.

When I was in my mid 40s, I started getting beat up in college with upper division business courses. I had a mountain bike accident that trashed my right knee. I could barely walk let alone run. My gym membership lapsed as I was slammed in college. Within a few years, I had gained over 80 pounds. When I turned 50, I had the same attitude as Chrispy (above). 3 1/2 years ago, the doctor told me that I had high blood sugar and had to do something about it or diabetes would be part of my future. I cleaned up my act with what I ate. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months (easy to do when you're extremely obese). 3 years ago today I bought a new bicycle and decided to ride it 7 1/2 miles each way to work and back instead of driving. That would give me 5 hours / 75 miles cardio per week just going back and forth to work. I lost 65 pounds in 7 months as a result of eating more wisely and exercising regularly.

The very cool part is that I've always loved riding bikes, but never had a lightweight, fast bicycle. I got so into riding my bike that I started to do event rides. Twice per year the ROSARITO TO ENSENADA 50 MILE BIKE RIDE takes place, and it is my favorite event that I hope to do every time while I'm still breathing. I love riding with a passion, and consider the time on my bike to be the most quality time that I spend.

If we find a type of exercise / recreation that gives us a good workout that we love to do, we're blessed. At 57 1/2, I'm far from being a cute, young, hot guy. I'm not trying to be. I love my life and the opportunity that each day presents. In my younger years, I worked out to be fit enough to attract guys. In my older years, I work out because I love the activity. I still have more of a stomach than I would like, but at least I'm healthy and alll my parts work. I'm not so hung up on hooking up anymore; I just want quality people in my life. Friends are more reliable than lovers.

Chrispy, please explore activities that will make you not feel like giving up. I've been there and it didn't make me happy. I'm living proof that we can turn it around.

007, your ex smacks of a toxic relationship. You'll meet someone some day that will make you wonder why you put so much energy into you ex who wasn't worthy of you. Stay focused with your studies and look beyond your graduation date. Life will change once you're not slammed in school. In the meantime, if you have no physical impairments, try going for 1/2 hour run 3 - 4 times per week. It won't take much of your time and running will definitely trim off unwanted pounds. Best of luck!

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
007, everyone's already covering what I'd advise, so I'll just add that I think you're an amazing person with great heart and that I'm very sure it will all work out for you.

Wow, thanks Nick8, that means a lot brother :hug:
I agree with Koval, :grouphug: with everyone on here, hehe

You are all awesome! Thanks for all the love and support, and great advice...
As long as I'm on here, I'll be there for each and everyone of you that showed such sincerity.

sneekyjoe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you'll attract your female reciprocal 90% of the time... Shape your body to what you are attracted to. If you enjoy a lifestyle that adds a little weight on your bones, awesome, find someone whom you can enjoy the same lifestyle with. If you enjoy a lifestyle where your body type is muscular or toned, awesome, find a partner who will share that lifestyle with you.

i dont think that is too complicated. i tend to attract and be attracted to girls with similar lifestyles, and usually their build reflects mine.

Make sense? i think it does.

omgiswatdeysay

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ya know whats really funny?....The media portrays people as if to make it seem like being normal or even over weight is such a bad thing.

Wanna be fit? Then so be it.

Wanna be normal? Splended!

Wanna be fat? Fan Fucking Tastic

Whatever it is you wanna be, be it, but just be you too.

The clothes don't make the man, neither does the car, house, social group, social status, wealth, etc...

F.Y.I... You don't have to be an Adonis to get a hot girl...you just gotta have confidence, game, and no fear.

Last edited:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was in my mid 40s, I started getting beat up in college with upper division business courses. I had a mountain bike accident that trashed my right knee. I could barely walk let alone run. My gym membership lapsed as I was slammed in college. Within a few years, I had gained over 80 pounds. When I turned 50, I had the same attitude as Chrispy (above). 3 1/2 years ago, the doctor told me that I had high blood sugar and had to do something about it or diabetes would be part of my future. I cleaned up my act with what I ate. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months (easy to do when you're extremely obese). 3 years ago today I bought a new bicycle and decided to ride it 7 1/2 miles each way to work and back instead of driving. That would give me 5 hours / 75 miles cardio per week just going back and forth to work. I lost 65 pounds in 7 months as a result of eating more wisely and exercising regularly.

The very cool part is that I've always loved riding bikes, but never had a lightweight, fast bicycle. I got so into riding my bike that I started to do event rides. Twice per year the ROSARITO TO ENSENADA 50 MILE BIKE RIDE takes place, and it is my favorite event that I hope to do every time while I'm still breathing. I love riding with a passion, and consider the time on my bike to be the most quality time that I spend.
I want to go biking with you!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

GirlNextDoor86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Recently a male friend told me that he was unhappy with his weight. Although he was a big guy, I had never noticed that he was self-conscience about his size. In fact, if he wasn't dating one of my best friends I would have acted on my attraction to him. He told me that he lacked the motivation to stick to a routine and that his gf wasn't interested in joining him at the gym, I volunteered to be his 'workout' buddy. For the past few months we've been meeting to hit the gym or go running/biking 3-4 times a week. He has lost weight, gained self-esteem and says he's less stressed. But the best part is we are better friends and have a great support system in each other. My suggestion to you would be to find a friend to workout with. It's harder to skip the gym when you have someone pushing for you.

Also, you seem like a really sweet guy who deserves better than what your ex put you through. Don't let a woman define how you feel about yourself.

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Recently a male friend told me that he was unhappy with his weight. Although he was a big guy, I had never noticed that he was self-conscience about his size. In fact, if he wasn't dating one of my best friends I would have acted on my attraction to him. He told me that he lacked the motivation to stick to a routine and that his gf wasn't interested in joining him at the gym, I volunteered to be his 'workout' buddy. For the past few months we've been meeting to hit the gym or go running/biking 3-4 times a week. He has lost weight, gained self-esteem and says he's less stressed. But the best part is we are better friends and have a great support system in each other. My suggestion to you would be to find a friend to workout with. It's harder to skip the gym when you have someone pushing for you.

Also, you seem like a really sweet guy who deserves better than what your ex put you through. Don't let a woman define how you feel about yourself.

Thanks GND86... I appreciate the support :hug:
It be nice to find a girl who'll work out with me... during the first six months with my ex, I took HER to the gym and helped her loose some extra weight that she wanted to loose, got HER back into running, swimming, and lifting. It was fun, I loved it... then later on, in the fall I gained an extra 30lbs to where I am now, and we had stopped working out... when we broke up she initially wanted, among other things, for me to "get back into my routine..." so basically, she wanted me to get back in shape but didn't want anything to do with it, she just wanted the benefits once I got back in shape... so I'm just contrasting the difference in our attitudes towards the relationship and each other. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to meet someone now who would like me for me, and who would see me through my weight loss goals... it be nice to know they weren't repulsed by some weight gain... the truth is I need to restore my self confidence during this time that I am single, and I'm working on it... I have started a good nutrition plan today (yummy oatmeal with raisins for breakfast), Monday November 3rd, 2008. In a couple months i'll post some pics to show my progress to everyone ;)
:grouphug:

Last edited: