I Know Rents Are High But.....C'mon Now!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It has to be a goof or a posting by a crazy woman.

splitface

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i mean wow.
whenever she wants to use the bathroom, he/she has to move themselves and their air mattress out of the way.....
I can only imagine what other rooms she has rented out

People rent out anything in New York from parking spaces to walk-in closets to kitchens to terraces to large vestibules to pets and children. You can hire neighbors to cook for you, take packages for you, and eavesdrop on your roommate. Few places in the world are so many things and activities which seem completely extraneous, readily bought and sold. It's fascinating.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A friend of mine knew a couple that lived in the Village near Alphabet street. I went there once, it was a small one bedroom apartment and they shared the apartment. A lady rented the bedroom and they lived in the small living room area. I would guess that the apartment was less than 300 square feet. There was not even a kitchen, it was part of the living room.

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When a friend of mine got back from the Gulf War, he was looking for shared living situation. He went to look at one place, and the woman wanted to put him in her son's bedroom until she got to know him and felt comfortable with him. Then she was going to allow him to move into her bedroom. She was a prostitute.

He did not move in with her.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I moved to Florida I was looking for a place to stay for a week while looking for an apartment. A guy on Craigslist had a place for $160 a week. He told me it was small "10 X 10". I went and someone else was in it. the place was 7 feet by 5 feet and had a small bathroom with a stand up shower. Instead of 100 sq. ft. it was 35 sq. ft.

Last edited:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Knew someone who lived on the lower east side with small apartment with the bathtub in the kitchen. I guess they still have them there.

That's the thing though. What if this old bat needs to take a dump in the middle of the night? What if she gets a case of IBS or diarrhea? You won't get any sleep having to haul your air mattress and things out of the bathroom so she can have her privacy. I think it's ridiculous.

When I start earning some real cash again, I'm going to rent out a space in my sister's place so I can have a room to crash on Friday nights. It makes a lot of sense to me now that I think of it. Then I can go out at night and enjoy myself without worrying about time and schedules.