I Know There Is Much Said On What Goes Into Your Body, But...

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

You know your username is very close to ColonLingus :) :) thanks for replying :) But we have blood tests, X-rays, CT scans and MRI's to find out what goes on internally......yet does anyone look at their poop? :)

Since we study in detail what goes in, thought it might be interesting in what comes out:)

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You mean the way a proctologist or gastroenterologist might?
Ever notice how every animal sniffs their shit before they walk away? Probably most of the reason is to check their own health, since they don't have an "expert" on hand, or a public forum to type questions into to tell them if they are healthy or not :)

We have a government program here, when you reach 50, they send you a test kit to poop into so you can send it off for them to check if you have colon cancer. May sound strange....but I suppose it comes from humans not checking for themselves if they are bleeding internally or not, and depending on total strangers to look at their crap for them.

After all, bowel cancer is the leading cancer killer of humans, apparently.

In 2016, colorectal cancer was the most common cause of cancer death in Australia. It is estimated that it will remain the second most common cause of death from cancer in 2019.Aug 26, 2019

The latter was a google post.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

nakedbro

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seventies- you are correct everyone should check their poop for oddities. Believe me, you will notice changes. Some changes are based on what you ate while others can be an indication that something else is going on. For example, very dark or red stool should be investigated immediately.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Seventies- you are correct everyone should check their poop for oddities. Believe me, you will notice changes. Some changes are based on what you ate while others can be an indication that something else is going on. For example, very dark or red stool should be investigated immediately.

Exactly...I mentioned in an earlier post that here in Australia the government sends you a kit to take a sample of your own stool and send it back to them to be tested for Bowel Cancer.

It may sound extremely yucky...but there are people in hospitals who wipe others arses every day, take samples of piss and shit for a job.... Yet we see viewing our own shit as a no go. What goes in...is way more important....yet what comes out is 10 times more important.

I have not done the test as every couple of years because I'm over 60 I have a colonoscopy.

Funny, people think they look great on the outside........yet are oblivious to what's going on in the inside.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always check mine. Always. I look at it on the paper, and in the bowl. If I give the do a stool sample (thought I saw pinworms and she asked for three days of samples for lab analysis) I look realllllly close at the vial before I bag it up. When I take my dogs out, I examine their stools before I close the bag. Same deal when I scoop the box behind my cats. Wanna avoid stepping in cold hairballs? If the cat's turds get too small, or are full of hair, squirt a syringe of any kind of plant based oil down the throat. They will hate you for ten minutes, and hide every time you open the medicine drawer or retrieve the cooking oil. BUT, they will deposit the hairball into the litter box via elimination, and not onto the carpet via reverse peristalsis while you're out walking the dogs. Ya gotta look at your poops. Gotta pay attention to changes in odor, too. And have a look at your urine while you are at it. Watch your pets too. They are sometimes the first to know you're sick. They can smell it.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I check, at least on a rudimentary level any and all substances my body emanates, usually by smell or appearance. I know if something smells or looks off I've either consumed too much or not enough of something, or have some sort of illness coming or going.

Reactions: seventiesdemon

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I always check mine. Always. I look at it on the paper, and in the bowl. If I give the do a stool sample (thought I saw pinworms and she asked for three days of samples for lab analysis) I look realllllly close at the vial before I bag it up. When I take my dogs out, I examine their stools before I close the bag. Same deal when I scoop the box behind my cats. Wanna avoid stepping in cold hairballs? If the cat's turds get too small, or are full of hair, squirt a syringe of any kind of plant based oil down the throat. They will hate you for ten minutes, and hide every time you open the medicine drawer or retrieve the cooking oil. BUT, they will deposit the hairball into the litter box via elimination, and not onto the carpet via reverse peristalsis while you're out walking the dogs. Ya gotta look at your poops. Gotta pay attention to changes in odor, too. And have a look at your urine while you are at it. Watch your pets too. They are sometimes the first to know you're sick. They can smell it.

Exactly!

I tend not to want to dwell on my bodily effluvia for long if I can avoid it, unless I've been sick and I'm looking to see if I'm on the road to recovery.

I can tell you this: if you're eating something that afterwards makes it look as if you're depositing charcoal briquets into the toilet, it's probably time to review your diet.

Bonus: anybody here eat one of those Halloween Whoppers that Burger King put out a few years back? From that, I learned that anything that is dyed black will turn your poop a verdant green.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I tend not to want to dwell on my bodily effluvia for long if I can avoid it, unless I've been sick and I'm looking to see if I'm on the road to recovery.

I can tell you this: if you're eating something that afterwards makes it look as if you're depositing charcoal briquets into the toilet, it's probably time to review your diet.

Bonus: anybody here eat one of those Halloween Whoppers that Burger King put out a few years back? From that, I learned that anything that is dyed black will turn your poop a verdant green.
So will green smoothies.
And woe to the person who forgot they ate beets.

To @seventiesdemon
I monitor frequency and if I notice a change, I mentally note it.