I Like It

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's funny because they are being so white and doing it about mundane things that they are satirizing poser rappers more than anything

Martin Mull once did a wicked satirical musical take on white guys professing to sing and play the blues, with a blues number he performed on a dobro guitar using a baby bottle as a slide. He lamented all the woes of the pampered white middle class child growing up.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rawbone8 said:
Martin Mull once did a wicked satirical musical take on white guys professing to sing and play the blues, with a blues number he performed on a dobro guitar using a baby bottle as a slide. He lamented all the woes of the pampered white middle class child growing up.

Ah! LOL. Similar to Mull's: The history of White People in America

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
TexAssgirl said:
I feel so far removed from today's SNL skits.....

On TV, I saw the clip that started this thread. I felt like throwing a brick through the TV. I wish that somebody would explain to me what there is about rap that makes it so obviously popular. To me, it sounds like a lazy
monotonous music track behind an unimaginative angry rant of lyrics.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
caneadea said:
To me, it sounds like a lazy
monotonous music track behind an unimaginative angry rant of lyrics.

a great deal of others love it and some rappers and their lyrics i can respect.

SouthernBum

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha ha ha, thought it was hilarious...I'm, a big fan of SNL...actually saw that one when it aired, glad you found it and put it on here b/c I remember cracking up when I saw it. MadTV has nothing on SNL.

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SouthernBum said:
Ha ha ha, thought it was hilarious...I'm, a big fan of SNL...actually saw that one when it aired, glad you found it and put it on here b/c I remember cracking up when I saw it. MadTV has nothing on SNL.
SNL went pants after Michael O'Donohue (head writer for the first 15 or so years) passed away.
Bring back Samurai Deli, dammit!!

SouthernBum

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dlcs said:
SNL went pants after Michael O'Donohue (head writer for the first 15 or so years) passed away.
Bring back Samurai Deli, dammit!!

Yeah, i like their earlier stuff, but I am also only 22...I relate more to the newer stuff b/c i actually know what is going on in the current events and all...Tina Fey is a good writer and she is hot for a comedian.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TragicDemise said:
I love this video...

The other guy (Not Chris Parnell) has garnered a huge gay fan base, too, for some reason, lol.
It may or may not have something to do with the fact that he is hilarious, smart, and hot. Also I hear he has a twelve-inch penis. And if he doesn't, well dammit, HE DESERVES ONE!