I love being american becuz.....

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by woogexx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. woogexx

woogexx New Member

I love being american cuz I pay good (and alot) for medical insurance...

I love being american cuz we got a hick redneck in office...'commander in chief' nonetheless....

I love being american cuz our news consist of britney spears and all the most recent celebs who are pregnant

I love being american cuz we're egotistical and still think we're the best

I love america cuz everyone else seems to hate us (for being something we cant control)

I love america cuz we feel the need to be the the worlds police......when in fact we got enuff shit goin on here

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I hear that.

I love being American because you still got about a 50-50 chance of getting part of your dick cut off, depending on where in the U.S. you are born.

Remember, everyone in the Western Hemisphere is American.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I love being American because we're egotistical enough to call ourselves "American" yet get offended when Mexicans or Canadians try to do the same...

4. woogexx

woogexx New Member

I would never personally get offended by that...u wanna be amercian?...ur legal?...u pay taxes?....u live on the american land?...then ur an american...

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

You don't get it. America is a continent, not a country. Canada and Mexico are in North America. Technically, they are just as much Americans as we are... only we call ourselves Americans, and we don't call Canadians or Mexicans that.

6. woogexx

woogexx New Member

No i get it....thanks for assuming im dumb tho......america is a country.....north america is a continent....if i was going by ur way of thinking.....argentina, chile etc are also american???....they live on a continent that has the word america in it as welll.......nationality's defines you as what you are...which is defined by lines....not pieces of land

7. eaglespga88

eaglespga88 New Member

I love being American because theres no place like it in the world. Sea to shining sea this is a beautiful country. Our president wants to protect our well being and country foundation. Everyone wants to move here for a reason, and that reason is the chance to be great, everyone gets a chance to be great here.

I love being American because of the fact we strive for world democracy. In this day and age a safe country just isnt enough (obviously) Without a safe world every breathing soul is in danger.

I love being American because jackasses like those above me have all the rights in the world to say the things they did without any problem. Freedom is a commodity people take too for granted. They would appreciate what they do have more if they actually understood what others around this earth have to deal with on a daily basis with a lack of freedoms and governments that are 10 times as corrupt as ours. (Every government on this globe is corrupt...its just the degree that they vary in that department that matters)

In God We Trust. And may God bless all your souls :)

8. penandpencil

penandpencil New Member

according to wikipedia:
    The Americas are the lands of the Western hemisphere or New World, consisting of the continents of North America[1] and South America with their associated islands and regions. The Americas cover 8.3% of the Earth's total surface area (28.4% of its land area) and contain about 14% of the human population (about 900 million people). The Americas may alternatively be referred to as America;[2][3] however, America may be ambiguous, as it can refer to either this entire landmass or just the United States of America.

9. woogexx

woogexx New Member

kay...im all about being proud of and loving the country...but yea i was slightly sarcastic (and drunk) bout this thread....

10. penandpencil

penandpencil New Member

11. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    I LOVE being american,because
    i was born here.

i love being american because i have access to the desert,the mountains,the oceans,and the many other surreal atmospheres.

i love being american because i love the original idea of the constitution

i love being american because we got zippos

i love being american because we are passionate enough to see
    what is going on...some of us are not,but we lend a helping hand.

with all that said,i HATE what america has become.:mad:

i am speaking of the "USA" america not all america.
    i cannot STAND blind patriotism...or blind faith.
    i do not love my FLAG...or my LEADER...i love my land and my rights.
    (saying that makes me suspect to alot of shit)
    america is world war 2 germany,we just do not see it....just as the germans didn't.
    the whole blind patriotism/faith thing.

12. woogexx

woogexx New Member

in essence this side of the world is called the americas yea....but when waz the last time u heard a canadian or Brazilians call themself an american......how bout never....we're arguing like politics in here...horrible

13. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

This is exactly my point. Canadians and Brazilians don't call themselves American because WE decided that we were the only ones worthy of being called that. America isn't a country. The United States is a country.

Fuck, at this point, I doubt anyone else wants to be associated with "America".

14. penandpencil

penandpencil New Member

This is interesting:
    In english a person from the US is called: American. However, in Spanish a person from the U.S. is called "Estadounidense" (United-statian would be the equivalent of 'estadounidense'). People refer to US citizens as Americans, but that is considered to be politically incorrect - just an observation.

15. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    do you have a "support our troops" sticker too?
    :rolleyes:

16. woogexx

woogexx New Member

cuz we decided that.....exactly...so the hell what.....we decided that back in the 50's & 60's.....when *ahem* excuse me the US was at its peak of financial and physical power....thats life...the bigger and stronger will overcome and control until something more dominate comes along.....this side of the world nothing bigger will ever come along......

17. Gonzo3

Gold Member

Albums:
    ....................:usa: ................... Home of the brave,Land of the free......God Bless America...........

18. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    :dunno:

19. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

So... it's okay to call ourselves Americans and not allow other Americans do to so... just because we're powerful? I don't get it.

20. woogexx

woogexx New Member

of course u dont get it......ur a stupid hippy bitch....

Draft saved Draft deleted