I love being american becuz.....

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yea ok whatever...u stay on ur limey land ill stay on mine.....so is alaska its own country? im confused? hahaha

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what the hell is that supposed to mean? u think ur being smart and u caught me at something? loser...this is my only SN...i stay logged in...go choke

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
America is a continent, not a country. Canada and Mexico are in North America. Technically, they are just as much Americans as we are... only we call ourselves Americans, and we don't call Canadians or Mexicans that.

Sorry Meg, but the Oxford English Dictionary disagrees.

From OED:

America, the name of a land mass of the western hemisphere, consisting of the two continents of North and South America, joined by the Isthmus of Panama; freq. used also as the name of the United States of America;
American, a. and n.

2. A native of America of European descent; esp. a citizen of the United States. Now simply, a native or inhabitant of North or South America (often with qualifying word, as Latin American, North American); a citizen of the United States.

They can call themselves whatever they want. But in the English language, "America" is frequently used as the name of the USA, and "Americans" especially refers to citizens of the United States. To suggest otherwise is just not true.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
And to prove a further point, which is how stupid the whole conversation on what the definition of a word you can look up in a proper dictionary is, here's another definition of "American":

1. An American Indian.

And there are many more.

So stop arguing about this inane crap, I guess.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You don't get it. America is a continent, not a country. Canada and Mexico are in North America. Technically, they are just as much Americans as we are... only we call ourselves Americans, and we don't call Canadians or Mexicans that.
I hate to split hairs but Mexico is Central America. I didn't think we were stopping people in Chile from being called Americans?:confused: That seems silly since they were here first and already had named their countries.

This argument has come up IRL periodically and it always annoys me. Canadians aren't called Americans because they don't want to be called Americans. We aren't stoppping them. Has nobody ever noticed that Egypt is on the continent of Africa? Yet people in Cairo are Egyptians. :rolleyes:

kay...im all about being proud of and loving the country...but yea i was slightly sarcastic (and drunk) bout this thread....
In the future you may want to avoid drunk posting.

eaglespga88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, Mexico is not Central America, its North America. You can find about 16 billion links on Google to agree or I will nicely point you to North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it was a simple mistake as she went on afterward to talk about chile and such. WILL EVERYBODY JUST STOP THE FLAMING! We are Americans because our country is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..we wouldnt call ourselves unitedens or statesins cause that just wouldnt make sense. so we call ourselves americans, after our country. Just like mexicans call themselves mexican. After their country. Good lord people CHILL!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it was a simple mistake as she went on afterward to talk about chile and such. WILL EVERYBODY JUST STOP THE FLAMING! We are Americans because our country is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..we wouldnt call ourselves unitedens or statesins cause that just wouldnt make sense. so we call ourselves americans, after our country. Just like mexicans call themselves mexican. After their country. Good lord people CHILL!

I agree (how about Usaians?). It's silly thing to argue about.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wooge try to listen to sense, what Meg is saying is perfectly correct, North America consists of Mexico, the USA, Canada and Alaska. Although Mexicans, Canadians and Alaskans don't call themselves Americans they're every bit as entitled to as anyone from the USA is.

I am entirely pleased with your separating Alaska from les Etats Unis, can you please make it permanent, and when can we join the commonwealth?

For others, Mexico is also los Estados Unidos (dos Mexico), it is usual for europeans to call south and other americans, americans. Central and south americans call us 'nortes' (if they feel like being polite):biggrin1: Canadians (so fortunate to have a real name of their own) usually call us 'the states'.

Obviously our founding fathers failed to think the name through.

9incharkansasdick

Experimental Member
Media
For those who have posted to this thread who LIVE in the USA and are LEGAL citizens of this great country; if you do NOT like the USA, then leave. Move to the UK, Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, France, Iraq, Iran. I promise you that you will NOT have the freedoms that you so forcefully embrace. Call President Akhmeniniijaad (sp?) a bastard, and you will be killed. You call President Bush a bastard, and you think you are some original thinker. What you are doing, whether you know it or not, is undermining the office of the President of the greatest country on the face of the earth.
Had it not been for the USA, you Brits would be speaking German, so thank us, please. Had it not been for the USA, the Russians would be speaking German. Had it not been for the USA, the Chinese would be speaking Japanese. If you do not like the USA, then go fuck yourself. The next time some crazed dictator like Iran's president decides to attack, we'll let them. Then see who is called upon first. I don't see the UN calling upon the UK first...they are always second to the USA. France sure as hell won't help.

For those of you who live here in the USA and have spoken negatively and openly against the government, THANK A VETERAN!!!! Thousands died for your right to bitch. The least you can do is thank them.
Rights and Duties

by President Calvin Coolidge

We do honor to the stars and stripes as the emblem of our country and the symbol of all that our patriotism means.
We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth. It represents our peace and security, our civil and political liberty, our freedom of religious worship, our family, our friends, our home. We see it in the great multitude of blessings, of rights and privileges that make up our country. But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done. A yearly contemplation of our flag strengthens and purifies the national conscience.

If my flag offends you....MOVE!

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For those who have posted to this thread who LIVE in the USA and are LEGAL citizens of this great country; if you do NOT like the USA, then leave. Move to the UK, Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, France, Iraq, Iran. I promise you that you will NOT have the freedoms that you so forcefully embrace. Call President Akhmeniniijaad (sp?) a bastard, and you will be killed. You call President Bush a bastard, and you think you are some original thinker. What you are doing, whether you know it or not, is undermining the office of the President of the greatest country on the face of the earth.
Had it not been for the USA, you Brits would be speaking German, so thank us, please. Had it not been for the USA, the Russians would be speaking German. Had it not been for the USA, the Chinese would be speaking Japanese. If you do not like the USA, then go fuck yourself. The next time some crazed dictator like Iran's president decides to attack, we'll let them. Then see who is called upon first. I don't see the UN calling upon the UK first...they are always second to the USA. France sure as hell won't help.

For those of you who live here in the USA and have spoken negatively and openly against the government, THANK A VETERAN!!!! Thousands died for your right to bitch. The least you can do is thank them.
Rights and Duties

by President Calvin Coolidge

We do honor to the stars and stripes as the emblem of our country and the symbol of all that our patriotism means.
We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth. It represents our peace and security, our civil and political liberty, our freedom of religious worship, our family, our friends, our home. We see it in the great multitude of blessings, of rights and privileges that make up our country. But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done. A yearly contemplation of our flag strengthens and purifies the national conscience.

If my flag offends you....MOVE!
(uncensored)
ateh...malkuth...ve geburah....ve gedullah...le-olam....amen,
forgive them for they know not what they do.
i was gonna just leave it at that,but no i can't....

dude,you need to travel.
i was in switzerland for about 6 months,now i love america as in the USA.
but i also hate YOU.
you make me want to vomit...honestly,puke.
my father was in vietnam for 6 years.
when i was born he was fresh outta the jungle.
when i was 6 he was growing red things all over...chemical shit.
he raised me on PTSD,blood, and guns.
i am an american.

i learned how to throw knives not baseballs man.
i will not pledge allegiance to a PIECE OF MASS PRODUCED FABRIC.
i WILL die for the untouched constitution.
one nation under god AMEN.